Does the Eurodam have laundry specials

I know what I paid (yes it was a 12-day Baltic cruise) and I know what the cost would have been onboard. I paid

$84 and onboard they wanted $108. They wanted $30 for by the bag. Too bad I didn't keep a copy of the sheet provided with the laundry bag with the prices but I never expected my experience to be questioned. If the reps Carol spoke to are correct then the Eurodam needs to change the prices they have on the laundry sheets!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I know what I paid (yes it was a 12-day Baltic cruise) and I know what the cost would have been onboard. I paid

$84 and onboard they wanted $108. They wanted $30 for by the bag. Too bad I didn't keep a copy of the sheet provided with the laundry bag with the prices but I never expected my experience to be questioned. If the reps Carol spoke to are correct then the Eurodam needs to change the prices they have on the laundry sheets!

sorry, I was not talking about sheets! guess that is where I misunderstood, I was just discussing prepaid unlimited laundry, but not totalling the sheets (where everything is individualized).

I apologize for my statements, and as far as I know, the laundry bag SHOULD cost $20/bag on my cruise .

I have never filled in items and priced them by the sheet, I just tick off what I send in and write down (BY THE BAG $20) ..

Carol

Edited by CJcruzer

And I apologize for not being more specific. There was a sheet with the bag (besides the one you're referring to that itemizes). It told the prices for unlimited laundry plus the price per bag for our cruise. It was there in our cabin when we boarded.

Please let us know what your experience is for your cruise. I brought my printed email confirmation saying I paid $84 in case they tried to charge me more (some here warned me that would happen but it didn't).

I think there is some confusion about the per-bag price as opposed to the price per item if you just want to have a few items laundered. Even before I reached 4-star status, my sis and I always used the per-bag option. When you do that, you can use the check-off sheet which lists the various items, (shirts 3, pants 2, underwear 4) but don't think about the price per item. Just note at the bottom of the form in large print that it is Per-bag laundry.

Per-bag means everything you can stuff into that bag until nothing more will go in, and all for the one price of $20. You leave it on the bed, your cabin steward takes it away. About 24 hours later it comes back, neatly pressed and on hangers or folded and wrapped in tissue paper in a basket on the bed.

I don't usually cruise with fragile or expensive clothing so I have no concern about items being ruined. Maybe I'm just lucky, but nothing has ever been lost or ruined by the laundry.

Edited by the2ofus

Just disembarked the Eurodam this morning in Copenhagen. We bought the unlimited laundry before the cruise and saved $$. We paid $84 and they wanted over $100 onboard. The price by the bag was 30/bag in Europe.

How do you buy the package before the cruise? I can't find any way to on the website.

Thanks

THIS IS THE NEWS FROM SHIP SERVICES regarding laundry services.

$7.00 per day for unlimited laundry/pressing services......Therefore the person on the recent sailing who paid $84 was on a 12 DAY cruise....

The Eurodam 18 dayViking Passage cruise, which I will also be sailing on, would cost $126 total for the length of cruise - un-limited laundry/pressing.

There is NO discount to the unlimited laundry package pricing if you call pre-cruise to Ship Services...it will cost $126 no matter pre-purchasing or once on board.

The laundry in a bag is $20/per bag (fair sized duffel bag - roll up your soiled items into tight wads, you can get a LOT in!) I mentioned that I had read on cruise Critic that laundry bag rate was higher on the Med/Baltic cruises - and I was told that is not the case - the price is fleetwide, regardless of location of the ship and itinerary.

I did reiterate my concern as to $30/bag which has been reported, and the rep was VERY FIRM that it is $20/bag fleetwide.

Hope this helps.

Carol

Sorry Carol I just read your post:cool::cool:

Silly me to post without going through all the pages. Thank you for the information and I look forward to meeting you on the Viking cruise:):)

How do you buy the package before the cruise? I can't find any way to on the website.

Thanks

I called ship services and set it up. As I have said before, they charged my credit card $84, which was $24 less than it would have been if we had waited until we boarded (according to the price listed for unlimited laundry that was given us onboard.) I brought a copy of my email confirmation in case anyone tried to charge us more (they did not).

Edited by Cruising-along

I called ship services and set it up. As I have said before, they charged my credit card $84, which was $24 less than it would have been if we had waited until we boarded (according to the price listed for unlimited laundry that was given us onboard.) I brought a copy of my email confirmation in case anyone tried to charge us more (they did not).

Thanks so much for the info.

• 1 year later...

best laundry deal on HAL 17 N Antartica..2012..Veendam. Purchased daily rate at $7 we sent out laundry every day ( otherwise a 17 N cruise that covers temps ranging from plus 30C to minus 12 C would require a lot of luggage)

I checked my bill when we returned home... and we never got charged !! My bill was fairly significant so I could not convince myself to call and tell them I owed them money...

We were on the Eurodam this past May. The price per bag was $30 and it holds a lot of stuff. It worked for us because there were many things we washed in the room by hand and wouldn't send out. We used the service twice. This cruise was the 24 day Iberia and Baltic cruise. Laundry was always back the next day. They did a great job.

Helen

Heard about the unlimited laundry option on this thread and called my TA. I prepaid for the option for 18 day cruise scheduled on Rotterdam July 2, 2016. The total cost for option was $126 ($7/day). Being we will be gone 32 days for this trip -- I will get my money worth. DH (also known as Mr. Clean) has at least a pair of underwear ($2) a shirt ($3) socks ($2) everyday. Often he will have a dinner shirt and pants several times a week. I am fairly clean myself :p and can wipe out at least 2 shirts a day feeding them! I can always use the option of washing dainties out -- but I hate laundry hanging around the cabin -- I am sure the steward has never seen undies before:o For me this is the absolute best bargain going. 7 day cruise in August I spent $78 on laundry and we had little dirty from pre cruise. I don't have to find an empty washer the first day of cruise. Math works for me. TA says laundry option is limited and if you have suite or high level status you get some of these benefits anyway. I'm weird -- I love this option!

I am SO LOOKING forward to the free laundry and pressing - for myself I don't like to put my clothing in the dryer - but the pressing itself would be fabulous. For DH both laundry and ironing - AWESOME. NO more of the standing for hour's prior to the cruise to iron everything - only to have it get somewhat wrinkled in transit anyway.

Plus, on the return - no 2 -3 days of washing and ironing to deal with - YES.

Normally, my DH does at least one of the as much as you can stuff in a laundry bag for so many $ special's that HAL run's onboard.