P&O introduce Military Credit...at long last

Midsomer Madness

Hi, you are fully entitled to both shareholder and Military OBC, so enjoy it, I know I will.

Also, as I said in my earlier post, I am warming to Christopher Edgington. He appears to be more organised and customer focused than his predecessor. If this continues I might have to change my CC name to P&ONEARLYTHEBEST

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks I always do.

Only done one Princess - One to many.

You should a least try Cunard for a bit more class. I am certain you would be impressed.;):D

Thanks I always do.

Only done one Princess - One to many.

You should a least try Cunard for a bit more class. I am certain you would be impressed.;):D

Yes, I have already done that one. Queen Elizabeth in a Queens grill suite and QM2 twice with John Maxtone-Graham on board. Not overly impressed. As Captain Chris Wells said to me 'this is not a cruise, it's a voyage and there is a big difference'.

Interesting, so P&O only offer military credit to those who are willing to pay the higher fare categories..Bit insulting IMO

Maybe so, but Thomson's nor Oceana give anything. If they give on the lowest prices they would be paying you to travel?:confused:

Thank you all for your advice. I Have just made a submission to David Dingle, CEO, Carnival UK. I will certainly let you know the outcome.

Thanks to intervention by David Dingle and David Rousham, Carnival/P&O UK, British Military OBC has now been added to our two cruises on Aurora (£125) and Oriana (£75), plus in addition we got early booking obc of £220 and £170 respectively.

It really was a mix up on the original application, P&O staff in UK and Australia unsure of the system, flick passing the issue.

I am really impressed with the personal response I got from Messrs Dingle and Rousham. Well done gents.

Thanks to all.

Edited by NSWP

Thanks to intervention by David Dingle and David Rousham, Carnival/P&O UK, British Military OBC has now been added to our two cruises on Aurora (£125) and Oriana (£75), plus in addition we got early booking obc of £220 and £170 respectively.

It really was a mix up on the original application, P&O staff in UK and Australia unsure of the system, flick passing the issue.

I am really impressed with the personal response I got from Messrs Dingle and Rousham. Well done gents.

Thanks to all.

Thats great news enjoy makes it all worth while Perseverance:)

Thanks to all.

Well done!! Enjoy it.

I must say, this new P&O management team appear to be getting things right. Over the past few months it appears that customer complaints have reduced. I hope the trend continues and P&O begins to value it's loyal passengers as it once did.

Hi All

Just tried to get onboard credit for my military service (23 years) I was told, this afternoon that I would have to apply at least 8 days prior to commencement of 14 day cruise and that I would have to be on the top flight of booking. If I booked on the saverfare then the on board credit would not be paid What I may have gained on the military credit would have been lost in the cruise fare paid at the top of the range.:(

Can`t understand what they have told you as on the P&O web site it says

"for bookings made from the 15 May 2014* when booking a P&O Cruises Select or Early Saver Fare.**

Regards

W

Great information. Does anybody know details of where within MOD application for proof of service should be submitted?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi

On your computer search engine enter 'M.O.D. form 1694-Nov 13'. You will be looking for "Subject Access request (SAR) Form. Print off the form, fill it in and send it to the address on the form. Don't forget, when you get your onboard spend I will be in the queue behind you.

I was one of the people who were a bit surprised. There is no envy involved, just don't understand the concept, any more than I understand the concept of why I used to get crew price everywhere in the world when I was a flight attendant. I accepted it of course, but never understood why I got it. I chose my career, why should I get a discount? :-)

I was one of the people who were a bit surprised. There is no envy involved, just don't understand the concept, any more than I understand the concept of why I used to get crew price everywhere in the world when I was a flight attendant. I accepted it of course, but never understood why I got it. I chose my career, why should I get a discount? :-)

Couldn't agree more. I recently flew with BA and found that the cabin crew were going to be staying at the same hotel for a couple of days. Overpaid crew for providing a mediocre service. No wonder Walsh was pulling his hair out.

Always has been a perk of aircrew's job, people who choose that career know that when they join. Part of the package, same as getting a gong for long term civil service!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just Received Email From Defence Service for Serving / Veterans Card

which I have

P/ 0 have kindly increased OBC £290 :eek:

For my Britannia cruise 2016

pays for all my Gratuities on board

and few soft drinks on Board with wife

Thank you very much P/O

for being so generous

From all Serving / Veterans :cool:

Whats a Leg of world cruise ??:confused:

About £12.99 a kilo.

A world cruise might be 90 or 120 days etc, you can buy the whole voyage or you can choose to join the ship at a certain port and stay on for a certain amount of days rather than do the whole cruise.

Edited by richleeds
typo

About £12.99 a kilo.

A world cruise might be 90 or 120 days etc, you can buy the whole voyage or you can choose to join the ship at a certain port and stay on for a certain amount of days rather than do the whole cruise.

Like we did on Arcadia in March/April 2012, 49 days, Sydney to Southampton Sector of the 'Worldie.' Via Asia, Africa, fantastic. If you check on the P&O site 'World Cruises and Sectors it is all before thee.

Above all, Enjoy !!!

Edited by NSWP