Fun book on river cruising

FuelScience

While searching for a river cruising guide someone mentioned in a post earlier, I ran across a fun book on river cruising. Cash Peters book, Best Vacation Ever: The Highs and Woes of River Cruising in Provence, is a funny tale of his Rhone river cruise along with 9 friends on a Uniworld riverboat.

If you have friends who want to get a feel for the river cruising experience, I highly recommend this book. It's a quick read, but as far as I can tell, it's only available as an ebook.

FuelScience

It's a quick read, but as far as I can tell, it's only available as an ebook.

I tried to get this, but it isn't a BOOK, it's only available on Kindle.

True but also noted in the original recommending post.

I hope that you like the book as much as I did. A lot of guide books will tell you about the size of staterooms and the excursions, but for me Peters really captured the river cruise experience. I like his style, and his writing brought back lots of fun moments--even though I haven't cruised the Rhone or Uniworld.

He also made me laugh a lot. Some of the things may not seem quite as funny if you haven't cruised yet, but after the cruise you'll get the jokes like, "Turn it off and then turn it back on."

Enjoy the book and your river cruises.

FuelScience

I never wanted a kindle, mainly because I read too much and use my public library for books - I'm not made of money to buy all I want to read :p But before a year of a lot of work travel, I did splurge for a kindle and I do love it. I keep it mainly for travel (and I can even get library books on it!) but still do my weekly trips to the public library for real books, and used book sales fill me up too;);)

I never wanted a kindle, mainly because I read too much and use my public library for books - I'm not made of money to buy all I want to read :p But before a year of a lot of work travel, I did splurge for a kindle and I do love it. I keep it mainly for travel (and I can even get library books on it!) but still do my weekly trips to the public library for real books, and used book sales fill me up too;);)

I love my Kindle, and there are a number of sites where the books are free or very inexpensive. Right now I have about 70 backed up

It was great on our 32 day cruise with a lot of sea days.

Yes, I get free books through Amazon and also my public library (an Overdrive member) as well as the university library where I work. But many of the books I want to read are not available for free, so that's where my public library comes in:D And I have a ton of Project Gutenberg books downloaded too, but I wants what I wants when I want it, so.....

I'm about halfway through the book. For an author who claims up front that he loved his cruise, he sure does have a lot to complain about ... particularly when it comes to his fellow passengers. I hope I'm never on a cruise with him.

Thank you, thank you ,thank you for recommending this book.

We have just given up ocean cruising and, once again, have been looking at river cruising.

This book once again confirmed that we would very much dislike the dinning room and tours and even with the ,so called, suite the lack of personal space.

Done, no river cruises we will leave those to all who love them.