Luggage labels - what to do?

San01

Hi

We are new to this and have just realised i need to print lables (we are sailing Tuesday)

Do i just fix the ones i print off, are they not a bit flimsy? I dont quite get how to fold them either.

Also my printer does not print the whole label as shown, and i have tried all sorts but no change.

Any help much appreciated

Assuming you are bringing your luggage to the pier, I would just wait and affix the ones you can get there. These will be sturdy. The ones you get there will be blank but you just fill in your name, ship, cabin number etc. The porter then takes your bags and they go to your room just like if you had affixed the labels at home.

Edited by Sascol

Don't panic!

There is no NEED to print luggage tags. They will tag your luggage for you at the pier if you haven't printed your tags.

If you're having issues with it, just leave it.

Have a great cruise. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sage advice above... most importantly, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!

I have had the pre-printed tags in the past and managed to leave them at home (or forget to pack them) in my hurry to get packed. You are on vacation. The porters will take good care of you and can take care of them with a tip. All will go smoothly. :) ;)

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

Edited by vulcan1971

You can use clear packing tape to reinforce the labels you print out. I put tape on the front and back of the label, then used a hole punch to make 2 holes, one on each end. I then wrapped this around the handles and threaded a piece of sturdy string through the holes and tied it off.

I've had issue with not printing the whole tag. There is some sort of printer setting on the print screen that lets you select "fit to page" rather than "print actual size"

The folding, is simply fold the piece of paper over and over again to make it 4 times thick so it's sturdier, just make sure however you fold, the printed part is face up when done. the 4 folded paper is sturdy enough, or some use clear packing tape to laminate it before attaching to the luggage.

And of course get the tags at the pier.

If in the US or UK, you can call captains club and have them mail you a set as well, again just a fun nice thing, but required.

I'll join the" wait til you get there" group..esp if its a frustrating project at this point..

also we never waste paper printing out the full cruise docs.,just the essentials..they have added so much filler and printing that can also be challenge...,

used to be nice to get a little booklet in the mail..long gone!

but do print out the Sail Pass to save time having to do that again at the port...

Don't sweat the small stuff.

No need to make a big project out of a small issue like luggage tags.

Arrive at the port. Have a pen. You will be given a luggage tag to fill out.

It takes all of about 30 seconds per bag. Relax.

Well, if you had a little more time (which I see you don't), my suggestion would be to order luggage tag holders. You can get them at the Cruise Critic store (link at top of page), or several other places on the web. Don't know of any brick-n-mortar stores that carry them. But for now, just take everyone's advice, and get tags from the porters at the pier -- you'll be fine! :cool:

As Canadians we usually order the Labels that are mailed out (preprinted and sticky back like an Airline label, that you fold onto itself into a loop)

The one time I forgot to preorder with enough time to receive them by post we just took our bags to the pier and told a porter we were in need of Luggage Labels... He filled out blank ones with our cabin number, and then we went about peeling & sticking them to our checked bags (took all of 5 minutes... So no big deal... Easy breezy)

As someone else said you can stow this problem away... As it is easy to rectify at the pier / ship

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Ps... Lol we've even once arrived at the Pier without our Cruise Contract / E Docs (that great pile of paper that one is supposed to print off)... Just had an email copy of our Paid Up Invoice (which was sent to us via email) along with our Passport in hand which adequately proved who we were. So ya I don't sweat all the paperwork anylonger (good cause lets face it the Celebrity website can be less than one hopes for when trying to manage documentation)

Well, if you had a little more time (which I see you don't), my suggestion would be to order luggage tag holders. You can get them at the Cruise Critic store (link at top of page), or several other places on the web. Don't know of any brick-n-mortar stores that carry them. But for now, just take everyone's advice, and get tags from the porters at the pier -- you'll be fine! :cool:

Curious if any North Americans own / use these for Celebrity Cruises ?

Would like to know more about them and their usefulness.

Up until now we have just gotten by just fine with the mail out sticky version of Celebrity Luggage Tags

Cheers!

Up until now we have just gotten by just fine with the mail out sticky version of Celebrity Luggage Tags

Cheers!

I have used them on Carnival and they work great!! Will be using them again on Celebrity Summit in November.

They come in two sizes based on cruise line. The ones I have are the large ones so I'm sure they will work fine.

P.S. I think they were shipped within about 3 days of ordering.

Cheers!

I do use them myself, on last 5 cruses, and they are still holding up nicely.

I use them with both he printed version and the folded sticky versions. I put 2 on each bag since I can print multiple copies, in case 1 falls off as well as it makes the bag 2 times more likely to have the tags visible to ease delivery and organizing the bags for the porters.

I have used them on Carnival and they work great!! Will be using them again on Celebrity Summit in November.

They come in two sizes based on cruise line. The ones I have are the large ones so I'm sure they will work fine.

P.S. I think they were shipped within about 3 days of ordering.

I do use them myself, on last 5 cruses, and they are still holding up nicely.

I use them with both he printed version and the folded sticky versions. I put 2 on each bag since I can print multiple copies, in case 1 falls off as well as it makes the bag 2 times more likely to have the tags visible to ease delivery and organizing the bags for the porters.

Thanks guys.

Anyone have any photos of them in use / on a suitcase As it is hard to get a real sense of them based on the CC photo selling them

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

If you're getting luggage tags from the porter at the pier then be sure to have a pen or marker with you. There have been a couple times when the porters had tags available but no pen to fill them out.

Otherwise the only real benefit to having the tags in advance is saving the 2 minutes that it takes to fill them out at the pier.

Don't sweat the small stuff.

No need to make a big project out of a small issue like luggage tags.

Arrive at the port. Have a pen. You will be given a luggage tag to fill out.

It takes all of about 30 seconds per bag. Relax.

Good advice.

You can either fill out and attach the luggage tags at the pier yourself, or the porters will do it for you.

Even if you are willing and able to do it yourself, the porters often grab the bags and start filling out and attaching tags for you before you can even pull out a pen.

I gather from this thread that X no long send tags thru the mail. It's been a year since our cruise on the Reflection and they were mailed to us.
As far as we know' date=' they will still mail them in advance, at least to residents of some countries.

We are in the USA and when doing online check in, there is a link to click for ordering luggage tags when you are within a certain time frame, I think when the cruise documents are ready

I don't recall the number of days offhand, but someone else may know.

Several times they have sent us luggage tags through the mail even though we did not order them.

But for the OP, it is too late to order them now in any case and easiest just to get them at the pier when you check in your bags with the porters there.

[/size']

Edited by fleckle