What is available in Michael's for Zenith and Upper Suites?

jenniebnyc

I am toying with the idea of upgrading to a Celebrity Suite on Summit in mid-January 2015.

Can someone explain in detail what will be available in Michaels for us? Food (hot, cold, etc), drinks, entertainment, hours of operation, etc?

Thanks very much.

We just returned from our Alaskan cruise. We were in a suite and had access to Michaels club. We had not planned on using the club since there four different staterooms in our group, and really had no desire to sit there without the rest of our group. As it turned out, Michaels club ended up being a great part of our vacation. We loved having the dedicated concierge, who although had business hours was on call 24 hours a day. It was a great place to relax with a drink or arrange for a special tour. Maritza, took care of us like we were family. She included our entire family and went out of her way for all of us to have a special cruise regardless of the stateroom booked (sent flowers and cake to my sister in law on her birthday). I found that the butler and concierge over lapped in some aspects, but everyone was just trying to make sure we had a great experience. We booked a suite for our next cruise solely based on our experience in Michaels. I have to say, I don't ever recall seeing any food in there, but we were basically able to get any drink we wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you both. Very helpful. I would like to hear from someone on what food they have. Are we talking hot apps at cocktail hour? We will be spending 1k more for the upgrade and already have a drink package and butler so the food is going to be one of the things that might change my mind

Thank you both. Very helpful. I would like to hear from someone on what food they have. Are we talking hot apps at cocktail hour? We will be spending 1k more for the upgrade and already have a drink package and butler so the food is going to be one of the things that might change my mind

Usual finger foods, but come from a Specialty Restaurant. Some are hot, some are cold. Varies from night to night. No a big thing for me since it's right before dinner. Your Butler can bring the same types on snacks to your cabin. Not something I would pay extra for. If you have the drink package as part of a promotion you normally receive the Classic Package. You could call your TA and see if you can substitute some extra OBC for the package and get Premium drinks from Michael's Club for free.

Edited by Orator

Just returned from Reflection in a CS. Loved Michael's! I can only speak to the set up on Reflection, but there was a glass doored cooler on one wall. starting at 8:00 a.m. the section that contained non-alcoholic beverages was open until midnight-bottled waters, soda, ice tea. Alcoholic beverages were available from 5:00 p.m. until midnight, and basically it was whatever you wanted-if they didn't have your brand in Michael's they went and got it for you. There was a Nescafe machine that was also unlocked at 8:00 a.m. Food was not set out, but staff came by and asked if you wanted anything-pastries in the morning and various canapés and small bites after 5 p.m. It was never crowded when we went.

Are you allowed to remove the food and drinks from there?

Is there always someone in there as a gate keeper?

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

You could take as much water, etc. from the non-alcoholic side, but alcoholic beverages had to be consumed in Michael's. YMMV, of course. There was almost always at least one staff member there when we visited.

Are you allowed to remove the food and drinks from there?

Is there always someone in there as a gate keeper?

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We were always able to take our wine when we stopped there before dinner and before heading back to our room in the evening. Others were doing the same. It did not seem to be an issue at all

You could take as much water, etc. from the non-alcoholic side, but alcoholic beverages had to be consumed in Michael's. YMMV, of course. There was almost always at least one staff member there when we visited.

Perhaps on your cruise, but my experience on different ships is different. As one Concierge put it: "this is not the Elite Hour, you can take whatever you want".

Perhaps on your cruise, but my experience on different ships is different. As one Concierge put it: "this is not the Elite Hour, you can take whatever you want".

That's why I put YMMV- we heard Michael's Club staff on our cruise tell pax they couldn't remove alcoholic beverages from the lounge.