Recommended Hotel in Fort Lauderdale

Louand66

Hi all,

We are staying in Fort Lauderdale for a couple of days in January after our cruise.

Can anybody recommend a reasonably priced hotel which has good transport connections to sightseeing areas.

Many thanks in advance.

Lu

Hyatt Place Convention Center/North or Embassy Suites. Both are almost next to each other either on or just off 17th street. Both include breakfast and are close to the port. Total Wine and a supermarket right there and a variety of restaurants within a couple of blocks.

Another option is the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale. It's right outside the entrance to the port.

Your best bet is to place a bid on Priceline. That's what I've done in the past and gotten the Renaissance. I really underbid so I got a bargain.

We found the Embassy Suites to be very tired. It is really showing its age. I would suggest the Renaissance.

I agree that the ES could use a reno but IMO it's all about the value. While you may find a good price for the Renaissance (and we have stayed there) you will likely pay extra when you consider the free breakfast and cocktail hour at the ES. The public space and the pool area are both very lovely at the ES.

We like staying at Bahia Mar. Great location, great service, clean.

I personally think the place is a DUMP!!! The Tiki bar is nice, but rooms are VERY out dated. Never stay here in March. A ton of kids at Spring break and hotel lets them run wild.

Hi all,

Can anybody recommend a reasonably priced hotel which has good transport connections to sightseeing areas.

Lu

The Hilton is nice and if you request a high floor can watch the ships come into and out of port. The bridge is close to walk to and get a better view. The best advantage is that the water taxi stop is located right there so you can jump on right from the hotel and entertain yourselves by sightseeing the rich and famous mansions and yachts!

We are staying at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 for our Saturday 8-23 cruise. Flying in Friday, arriving about 8 p.m. Breakfast and shuttle to the pier next morning. Never been there before but thought it sounded okay.

Pier 66 is our usual stay in FLL. I recommend going to see the room they assign before you agree to it. Some are very nice, some are very tired. For a little extra, you might want a Tower Room that faces the port. Great views of the ships entering/leaving port. Grille 66 is a very good restaurant with waterfront dining. Another plus is the marina is a Water Taxi stop. Great way to see the area and get some interesting narration along the way. Lots of good choices in FLL.:D

Hyatt Place Convention Center/North or Embassy Suites. Both are almost next to each other either on or just off 17th street. Both include breakfast and are close to the port. Total Wine and a supermarket right there and a variety of restaurants within a couple of blocks.

Another option is the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale. It's right outside the entrance to the port.

Your best bet is to place a bid on Priceline. That's what I've done in the past and gotten the Renaissance. I really underbid so I got a bargain.

I agree with Pam's choices We have always stayed at the Hyatt Place and have found no problems at all. For the money,and convenience,it would be where I'd recommend you to stay. Check out Value Trips.com for a good price

Pier 66 is our usual stay in FLL. I recommend going to see the room they assign before you agree to it. Some are very nice, some are very tired. For a little extra, you might want a Tower Room that faces the port. Great views of the ships entering/leaving port. Grille 66 is a very good restaurant with waterfront dining. Another plus is the marina is a Water Taxi stop. Great way to see the area and get some interesting narration along the way. Lots of good choices in FLL.:D

Thanks Jim. We did book a high tower room. Hope its nice, but flight not arriving until 8 p.m. Won't be spending a lot of time there. Great advice on the water taxi. Will have a couple hours in the a.m.