Platinum Lattitude Perk: Concierge Service??

dongordon

We are having a discussion on our roll call about whether or not the Concierge Service is available to Platinum Lattitude passengers on all the NCL ships?

Some on our roll call think it is, some believe it may depend on the ship and some say "No."

Does anyone have an answer to this question?

Thanks. :)

Don

We are having a discussion on our roll call about whether or not the Concierge Service is available to Platinum Lattitude passengers on all the NCL ships?

Some on our roll call think it is, some believe it may depend on the ship and some say "No."

Does anyone have an answer to this question?

Thanks. :)

Don

The answer is you are definitely entitled to it according to the rewards chart NCL has so the answer is yes. If they have overwhelmed the Concierge (which I believe they have) they should rethink the rewards chart they have online,

Edited by mommyto2girls

On our four other cruises since becoming Platinums we have been in suites so we have had real concierge access. But for those rumours that have been going on here, we got confirmation on Jade this May as there was absolutely no information about that perk in the envelope with vouchers - not even Cruise Consultant's contact info/hours.

On my Getaway sailing this past March, I used the concierge to get a preferred time for one of the specialty restaurants after being told by the regular reservations clerk that my desired time was not available. I am Platinum Latitudes and wasn't in a suite.

Since becoming platinum we have been on nine NCL cruises. On two of those we had a note and business card in our room from the concierge welcoming us and explaining his services.

On the last two cruises, both within the last eight months, our latitude packet said we were entitled to his service.

The others there was no mention.

We were not in suites for any of these sailings. Only once did I request the concierge's assistance, only because the poor dears at the pursers desk did not seem to be able to resolve a minor problem.

At the latitude party I asked the concierge about the platinum accessibility on that sailing and he said it depended on the ship, the suite load and was ultimately the concierges call.

So, what sort of concierge assistance would be people be looking for. We did a suite recently and did not use the concierge at all - except for priority to get off.

GC: For me it as a situation of arriving at the Port of NY to find that 100% of all pre-booked entertainment had been adjusted for the week. Four pages of changes were posted on the in-cabin TV. Some of the changes conflicted with pre-booked dining.

Entertainment%20Change%201-L.jpg

Upon boarding, I inquired if the concierge would/could be of assistance to get things changed for the week, since I was Platinum. The answer was that Norwegian Breakaway did not have any Platinum concierge assistance beyond what could be afforded by the Cruise Consultant.

I went to that desk, but found he wasn't scheduled to arrive until 4:00 (according to the sign), but actually didn't arrive until 4:45

Cruise%20Consultant%20Sign%201-XL.jpg

Numerous people in line were needing assistance.

When I asked about the concierge assistance this individual actually start to laugh outloud, and said, "Why would you think you have that?? You aren't in a Haven or suite. There are far too many needs for the concierge, so anything that you get will have to be by me. Next!"

I mentioned that I'd been offered this on other NCL ships, and that it was listed on the Latitudes loyalty page. He asked me to pick up a paper from nearby and said those are the onboard Latitudes offerings for Norwegian Breakaway. That's when he did what burned me for the week . . . "You don't see anything listed there now do you. Do you? Next!"

Staying put, I said I now understood the rules for this particular ship, and would like to have assistance on getting the entertainment (that had been totally changed) adjusted to a schedule that could work with the pre-planned dining. His answer was quick: "You'll have to take care of that with the Box Office Manager. I don't have time to adjust a full week."

This worthless buffoon pulled that act with numerous people onboard.

GC: For me it as a situation of arriving at the Port of NY to find that 100% of all pre-booked entertainment had been adjusted for the week. Four pages of changes were posted on the in-cabin TV. Some of the changes conflicted with pre-booked dining.

Entertainment%20Change%201-L.jpg

Upon boarding, I inquired if the concierge would/could be of assistance to get things changed for the week, since I was Platinum. The answer was that Norwegian Breakaway did not have any Platinum concierge assistance beyond what could be afforded by the Cruise Consultant.

I went to that desk, but found he wasn't scheduled to arrive until 4:00 (according to the sign), but actually didn't arrive until 4:45

Cruise%20Consultant%20Sign%201-XL.jpg

Numerous people in line were needing assistance.

When I asked about the concierge assistance this individual actually start to laugh outloud, and said, "Why would you think you have that?? You aren't in a Haven or suite. There are far too many needs for the concierge, so anything that you get will have to be by me. Next!"

I mentioned that I'd been offered this on other NCL ships, and that it was listed on the Latitudes loyalty page. He asked me to pick up a paper from nearby and said those are the onboard Latitudes offerings for Norwegian Breakaway. That's when he did what burned me for the week . . . "You don't see anything listed there now do you. Do you? Next!"

Staying put, I said I now understood the rules for this particular ship, and would like to have assistance on getting the entertainment (that had been totally changed) adjusted to a schedule that could work with the pre-planned dining. His answer was quick: "You'll have to take care of that with the Box Office Manager. I don't have time to adjust a full week."

This worthless buffoon pulled that act with numerous people onboard.

Don,

It appears from reading from all these posts, that the Concierge so called "perk" for NCL Platinum members are inconsistent and vary from ship to ship.

For me, NCL should remove it from their "Platinum Latitudes" List and if the Concierge wishes to assist Platinum members, he/she should leave a letter or card in the cabin.

IMHO, I like the "perks" / rules to be spelled out clearly and then the cruise line can abide by them throughout the fleet. Otherwise, it could create an "unhappy feeling" among loyal NCL cruisers as they continue to use NCL as their cruise line of choice.

Don (OP of this thread)

Very interesting thread. We wondered about this, too. Since becoming Platinum, we've booked suites, but wanted to know if we booked a non-suite--say on the Breakaway, 'cause it's SO much more expensive than the Gem--how would Concierge service work. So on our last cruise, aboard the Gem in May, we asked our concierge, Carlos, how this Platinum perk works, what it covers, etc. Carlos said he's never dealt with non-suite passengers as a concierge, and didn't know anything about it. We'll keep trying to find out how to make it work, as there probably will be a time we'll be in a non-suite NCL cabin.

DGP1111 Your experience has only solidified my DH's aversion to booking the Breakaway. Too many people, too little staff, too expensive. We would have gone to the hotel director and asked, nicely, who handles Concierge service for Platinum cruisers, because you were rebuffed by both the concierge and the Latitudes' rep. Maybe you can send an email directly to Kevin Sheehan's office, and ask him to clarify on their web site which ships/concierges actually offer this perk. We would all be grateful.

Thanks for asking this; I was also wondering about this reward. Our first cruise as Platinum will be later this year but on the Breakaway... Glad I know ahead of time what to expect, I'll be prepared.

I was also curious about this, so I emailed the current Concierge on the Star, Omar O'Besso (one of the best!) He sent me a quick response:

"The Concierge Service extended to Platinum Members consists of my phone number in the Platinum Welcome Package, and my services are mainly for Restaurant Reservations, Excursion bookings and port info."

I am sure it differs from ship to ship as others have stated, but I am looking forward to working with Omar on our upcoming cruise in a non-suite cabin:)

I was also curious about this, so I emailed the current Concierge on the Star, Omar O'Besso (one of the best!) He sent me a quick response:

"The Concierge Service extended to Platinum Members consists of my phone number in the Platinum Welcome Package, and my services are mainly for Restaurant Reservations, Excursion bookings and port info."

I am sure it differs from ship to ship as others have stated, but I am looking forward to working with Omar on our upcoming cruise in a non-suite cabin:)

Omar O'Besso the invisible Concierge on the Star and we were in a Suite, we never saw him except at the start and finish of the cruise. He held out his hand for his tip, so I shook it, and smiled. Not the best in our eyes but then the officers on the Star seemed an unfriendly lot.

John and Joan

Great thread and as a many year platinum member(s) my wife have seen this change but never really resolved to being a real clear perk. We travel with ncl often (2 or 3 times each year) and when not in suite the help of concierge is almost impossible to get. Like many this is an area that ncl could improve. If offering a perk than simply deliver on it

• 10 months later...

On a recent Getaway cruise we were told that the concierge office was to busy to accommodate Platinum members, unless they were Haven guests. On an earlier cruise on the Pearl we were not even provided the Concierge office extension number. Being Platinum means very little lately. We are Diamond Plus on Royal Caribbean and will make that our preferred line. NCL has made noticeable cutbacks on service and friendliness. The free Bistro dinner is of no use if you cannot make a reservation, ditto for shows. This will come home to roost. The new management team is giving away their hard earned edge. NCL is a badly slipping cruise line. 200 points and unhappy.

On a recent Getaway cruise we were told that the concierge office was to busy to accommodate Platinum members, unless they were Haven guests. On an earlier cruise on the Pearl we were not even provided the Concierge office extension number. [.....] The new management team is giving away their hard earned edge. NCL is a badly slipping cruise line. 200 points and unhappy.

Unfortunately that has nothing to do with the new management, things have been like this for couple of years already - we became Platinums in early 2013 and have never received concierge's contact info unless staying in a suite.