Eclipse vs. Equinox

mamie

Opinions please. We are currently booked B2B for a total of 21 days on the Equinox this fall. We are Elite + and have done B2B on this ship 3 times- love the ship and the service. The Eclipse would be a 14 night out of Miami (have never done the Eclipse), and the price would be about $2100 less. So do I stay with the same ship for 10/11 night or change to the Eclipse for 14 nights.

We did the TA on Eclipse in April. Loved the ship and the crew. Both ships are beautiful and you can`t go wrong either way. You have to decide if it is worth the move to try a new ship. You might build a relationship with the crew on your first leg and not want to move.

Personally I would do the Eclipse for the change, to save the money and for a longer cruise. I doubt if there is very much difference between the ships.

The Eclipse has two big draws for many people, the Glass Blowing Demonstration and Perry Grant. Not a big fan of either but you may enjoy them. If not there are also other entertainment options

Another to consider is if that $2100 is in your budget you may consider upgrading to a higher class cabin on the Eclipse to add to your cruising enjoyment.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

It's the Equinox with the latest facelift with newer features. So I would look at the ports and see what grabs you. Although you save money it seems you travel seven less days if I am understanding you.

A couple of times I traded in for a shorter cruise with better accommodations and did not regret it. I can get itchy feet and look for greener grass so I understand your thinking.

When I am working super hard I can't even get relaxed until day eleven, but when I am having an easy going work life shorter is satisfactory.

In my opinion the Equinox had a lot of good attention this past winter and spring and looks great. So for ships I would make that choice today.

If the itinerary is new on 14 days and not having to check in twice is appealing, and having a shorter vacation is ok, I would agree the 14 day is a good choice. People love that itinerary.

Edited by hulamoon

Well I love both ships but now the nod goes to Equinox. Both have the glass blowing but now I wish they'd put in the Lawn Club.

Equinox has the new Gastro pub and the Slush bar so that's a plus. I can't wait to see the upgrades.

Equinox has Silk Harvest which we prefer over Qsine on Eclipse.

Other than that, go with the itinerary and how long you want to be away, because the ships are nearly identical. We've done 3 on each, have a TA on Equinox coming up very soon....:D

And like others have said, upgrade to a corner aft S1 on the shorter cruise if you've never had one. We find it hard to sail in anything else now..... Yeah I know, first world concerns.......

Whatever you choose you're going to have a great cruise.

If you are asking for a comparison by ship, I think they are so similar I could never let that be the deciding factor. I give Equinox just a slight bump up as I feel she is the most beautiful ship I have ever sailed in the Celebrity fleet (and I have sailed all but one ship, past and present). But being just a bit more beautiful would not be the deciding factor for me. With similarly pleasurable itineraries, I would pick the longer cruise very time. Only you can decide if one itinerary is more appealing than the other, and how cost impacts matter to you. But as to ships - even Steven I think.