What is the first thing you do when you board the ship?

For me, it's off to the Schooner Bar, and a Mojito, as only Royal Caribbean can make them.

I only have one per cruise, just after boarding, as long as the bartender can make one with the mint and all of the goodies........that is where you will find me!:D

Rick

Depending what is ready when I'm boarding and how busy it is already;

- if the room is ready I check that out first and dump my hand baggage

- if I'm hungry the first thing is heading to the restaurant and get a bite (if I have a drink package, also the first cocktail of the day...)

- read through the Cruise Compass to know when Muster Drill and Welcome Show is due

- if not already done, register my credit card (as later one quest service will be very busy)

- when on a new ship, wander around and get my directions

not the first thing but well to do on your first day:

Have a inofficial Roll-Call-Meeting, especially if you travel on your own...

For me, it's off to the Schooner Bar, and a Mojito, as only Royal Caribbean can make them.

Rick

Isn't that the truth , have searched high and low for a comparable mojito to no avail , first drink every time I board

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

FOS Station?? What is that? :confused:

Maitre de podium in dining room. It's where you go to make changes to dining assignment. The one on Freedom often has chocolate chip cookies

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Hello Everyone,

I am boarding IOTS in the next couple of weeks at Southampton and thought it would be fun to ask everyone if you have any tips on what you do first as soon as you board the ship...?

I usually head to the spa and get myself a raffle ticket, then go find my dining table for the cruise....finally I find a quiet corner and study the cruise compass with a cold drink :cool:

Do you have any tips on making the most of them 'first few hours' before you get given your room key...?

Looking forward to reading your replies

Lisa xx

We were on IOTS in January out of Florida, so it might be a bit different for folks in the UK.

The first thing we always do when boarding ANY ship is get on as early as possible and take pictures. You can get some really great shots of the public spaces with virtually no-one in them. We usually start on the top decks and work our way down. Are IOTS review links to a photo gallery from this last cruise.

After that, we try and avoid the Windjammer and usually grab some pizza and a few beers at Sorrentos, and perhaps a cookie or too at Cafe Promenade. As you mention above, going over that day's Compass is always a good with a cold drink!

IOTS really needs a Park Cafe!

Hello Everyone,

I am boarding IOTS in the next couple of weeks at Southampton and thought it would be fun to ask everyone if you have any tips on what you do first as soon as you board the ship...?

I usually head to the spa and get myself a raffle ticket, then go find my dining table for the cruise....finally I find a quiet corner and study the cruise compass with a cold drink :cool:

Do you have any tips on making the most of them 'first few hours' before you get given your room key...?

Looking forward to reading your replies

Lisa xx

Eat.