Miracle as seen from NCL Sun, passing in entrance to Tracy Arm

Very nice

Carnival Pride 7 day Mexican Riviera: September 2008

Carnival Inspiration 4 day Mexican Riviera: September 2013

Carnival Miracle 15 day Hawaii: coming October 2015

To the OP: I presume YOU were on board NCL Sun where this superb picture was taken.....How far did you folks go into TracyArm ? Did you make it right to ''close enough'' to either Dawes or Glacier Glaciers ? Or did you just got a ''teaser'' look at a distance ?

Cheers

Thanks for the picture

Is all the ice melted? I see lots of green.

This was in a general area. The snow is gone just like in our summers. When you get closer to a glacier, there will be ice chunks all over the water and of course the glacier. Lots of waterfalls due to melting ice and snow from higher elevations. We were there a few years ago on Spirit in September.

Is all the ice melted? I see lots of green.

Tracy Arm doesn't have big glaciers until you get all the way to the end (which the ships more often than not don't reach), where the Sawyer Glacier is located. This passage has more "green" scenery than Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier which have more dramatic glacier scenery. That's one of the main reasons why we (and many others) choose an itinerary with Glacier Bay instead of Tracy Arm. Glacier Bay was absolutely breathtaking. We pulled up right to the face of several glaciers where we could see and hear the glaciers calving. Amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

To the OP: I presume YOU were on board NCL Sun where this superb picture was taken.....How far did you folks go into TracyArm ? Did you make it right to ''close enough'' to either Dawes or Glacier Glaciers ? Or did you just got a ''teaser'' look at a distance ?

Cheers

Thanks for the picture

We saw both Sawyer Glaciers, they were both from a distance. To me, the scenery in the fjord trumps the glaciers themselves, which is why I prefer Tracy Arm to Glacier Bay, but realize that I'm in the minority. I just don't get as excited as most folks about glaciers. To me, Glacier National Park is great because of the whales, sea otters, puffins and other critters more so than the glaciers. I will try to post some Twin Sawyer Glacier pics this evening.

Tracy Arm doesn't have big glaciers until you get all the way to the end (which the ships more often than not don't reach), where the Sawyer Glacier is located. This passage has more "green" scenery than Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier which have more dramatic glacier scenery. That's one of the main reasons why we (and many others) choose an itinerary with Glacier Bay instead of Tracy Arm. Glacier Bay was absolutely breathtaking. We pulled up right to the face of several glaciers where we could see and hear the glaciers calving. Amazing.

You are exactly right. We did NCL Sun last year and went to Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier...our CCL cruise on the Spirit didnt come close to showing us the breathtaking views we saw by going to Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier.

I just dug out my photo album and yes, Glacier Bay was spectacular. We on Spirit also went directly near the glacier. According to "Carnival Capers" we were there on September 9, 2006. The memories are like it happened recently.

We saw both Sawyer Glaciers' date=' they were both from a distance. To me, the scenery in the fjord trumps the glaciers themselves, which is why I prefer Tracy Arm to Glacier Bay, but realize that I'm in the minority. I just don't get as excited as most folks about glaciers. To me, Glacier National Park is great because of the whales, sea otters, puffins and other critters more so than the glaciers. I will try to post some Twin Sawyer Glacier pics this evening.[/quote']

Thank you for the info.

I tend to agree with you, having been to both Glacier Bay & Hubbard a few times...but we are going on a Sept sailing on Celebrity Solstice, due in at 10.00am and out at 5;00pm...and sort of hoping what we can look forward to, as regards Sawer or/and Dawes Glaciers....and the Fjord itself !

Cheers