Guaranteed cabin

10ormore

We booked a guarantee a year ahead of time and didn't get our room until 2 weeks before sailing, then we got an upgrade. So you will have a long wait. They don't assign the rooms up until just before sailing when they shuffle things around. The longer you wait it could mean an upgrade.

We've done 9 guarantees. Six of them were assigned 10 or 11 days out, one was 18 days out, one was at 7 days, and one was at three.

The only two times we have received an email from HAL notifying us of a "booking change" (i.e., an asssignment) was we had booked direct with HAL, but over the past year or so I've heard that the email is sometimes sent even if you use a TA. In any case, usually you can find out yourself (by looking at My Account > My Reservations) before that email is sent to you or your TA.

Edited by jtl513

When I first booked the cruise this year I specified the suite I wanted by number and all booking documents from the time I put down deposit thru latest downloading of cruise documents confirm that port side cabin # xxx.

Don't remember it ever being different in prior years either.

HL

When I first booked the cruise this year I specified the suite I wanted ...
But this thread is asking about guarantees, where you do not choose a specific cabin.

Edited by jtl513

Thank You for the info.

I'll keep checking.

Our friends were just assigned a cabin 13 days out.

Well, maybe so, but my suggestion is still valid for reducing uncertainty.
But it has nothing to do with the OP's question now.

I don't think it was a good idea for me to do a guarantee ...the suspense of "what will I get and when? " is killing me :eek:
We've done more guarantees than chosen cabins. With the gty there is always some anxiety about getting the assignment, but with the chosen cabins once we've passed the 50-day point where we can print e-docs there are no more "milestones" to look forward to until home departure day. ;)

We had a very inexpensive inside M gty on the Oosterdam for September 14 and were waiting with some trepidation to find out our assignment. Yesterday we received an offer to upgrade to a VA midship for $199 each. Hard to resist and now we no longer need to worry about where we'll be.

Edited by Fouremco

We had a very inexpensive inside M gty on the Oosterdam for September 14 and were waiting with some trepidation to find out our assignment. Yesterday we received an offer to upgrade to a VA midship for $199 each. Hard to resist and now we no longer need to worry about where we'll be.

Great upsell!!