Crown and Anchor Points

How do they work? Our next cruise will be our 3rd with RCI and we have 1 with Celebrity, so what tier will we be? And what does that entitle us to?

Depends on when you did your first two sailings with RC and how long they were. Points for each line are separate but there is reciprocity of status.

You need to post more info to get a more specific answer.

Edited by MaritimeR&R

How do they work? Our next cruise will be our 3rd with RCI and we have 1 with Celebrity, so what tier will we be? And what does that entitle us to?

Probably Gold level, but could be Platinum if your 3 cruises on Royal were longer and in suites. Can you log on to Royal's website and see your C&A level?

Your 1 cruise on Celebrity is not enough to effect your Royal level. If you had enough cruises on Celebrity to be Select level, then Royal would give you reciprocity to Platinum.

Edited by clarea

You will be C&A Gold level if you have registered with C&A. Points with Celebrity and RCI do not combine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They could equally be Emerald if they did 2 x 14 night cruises, travelling in a suite each time.

How many night were your first 2 RCI cruises and did you travel in a suite for either of them?

You get one point for ever night you cruise with RCI and double points if you cruise in a junior suite or higher. The points you earn dictates your level and benefits. Currently, the point system works as follows

Gold 0-29

Platinum 30-54

Emerald 55-79

Diamond 80-174

Diamond Plus 175-699

Pinnacle 700+

Your points for Celebrity do not count toward your cruise points tally with RCI.

There are cross-over promotions when you hit certain levels. For example, as a Platinum RCI cruiser, we now have "Select"status on our upcoming Celebrity Cruise. I think when you hit RCI Diamond that puts you at "Elite" with Celebrity.

Hope this helps! :)

How many night were your first 2 RCI cruises and did you travel in a suite for either of them?

Timing is important too. If the cruises were prior to Jan 2011, then they could have become Platinum with two cruises of 12 nights, only one of which needed to be in a suite.

If your cruises were after January 21, 2011, then you earned 1 cruise point for each night and an additional cruise point if you were booked in a JS cabin or higher.

If your cruises were prior to January 21, 2011, then you earned cruise credits. 1 for completing a cruise, 1 for being booked in a JS or above and 1 for sailings of 12+ nights or longer. Here is the conversion table used when cruise credits were converted to cruise points RCCL's New C&A Conversion Table

From the RCI website under Crown & Anchor Member Benefits http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

All three with RCI in balconies and all 14 day cruises, ditto Celebrity, one the year Indy was launched the rest post 2011.

You should have 29 points now, Gold level, just one point below Platinum.

Thanks, so, with our next cruise we will be platinum!

Correct.

Also, once you see that your status has been updated to Platinum on Royal's website (a week or two after your next cruise), call Celebrity's Captain's Club and they will give you Select status on Celebrity.

Edited by clarea

All three with RCI in balconies and all 14 day cruises, ditto Celebrity, one the year Indy was launched the rest post 2011.
You should have 29 points now, Gold level, just one point below Platinum.

If OP did 3 14 day cruises on RCI after January 21, then they would 42 have points. Or is the calculator in my head missing something?:o:)

If they did 2 out of 3 cruises on RCI after January 21, 2011 and both cruises were 14 days, then they would have 28 points.

If they did 1 14 day RCI cruise pre January 11, 2011 then they would have earned 2 cruise credits, that, when converted amounted to 15 cruise points (7 cruise points for each credit plus 1 extra point). Add that to the 2 cruises done post 2011 and you would add 15 points and 28 points for a total of 43 points.

I guess I'm totally confused.

Edited by cruisenfever

If OP did 3 14 day cruises on RCI after January 21, then they would 42 have points. Or is the calculator in my head missing something?:o:)

If they did 2 out of 3 cruises on RCI and both cruises were 14 days, then they would have 28 points.

From the OP's first post, I gathered they had cruised twice with Royal (14 day cruises), and the third was upcoming.

One was Indy in 2008, so before the change, so 2 cruise credits, converting to 15 points.

One after 2011, 14 nights, so 14 points.

That's how I got 29 points.

However, when the OP said in post 13 "all three with RCI", I was a bit confused, wondering if they had 3 previous RCI cruises and the 4th was coming, in which case my numbers are bad.

From the OP's first post, I gathered they had cruised twice with Royal (14 day cruises), and the third was upcoming.

One was Indy in 2008, so before the change, so 2 cruise credits, converting to 15 points.

One after 2011, 14 nights, so 14 points.

That's how I got 29 points.

However, when the OP said in post 13 "all three with RCI", I was a bit confused, wondering if they had 3 previous RCI cruises and the 4th was coming, in which case my numbers are bad.

Glad I'm not the only one that is confused.:D I did go back and edit my post that you responded to after thinking some more about the fact that 1 cruise was done pre 2011 on Indy.

Edited by cruisenfever

Glad I'm not the only one that is confused.:D I did go back and edit my post that you responded to after thinking some more about the fact that 1 cruise was done pre 2011 on Indy.

Patti, you should be in the new "Club" by the end of today!!

I LOVE your Grand Children!!!

I know you are proud!!! (As I am of mine!!!)