Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

4 hours ago, bejwee said:

I'll be on the explorer around the 29th of this month. I like to sit nude on a towel, unless the whole room is dominated by clothed, loud, unshowered people in gym clothes..in which case i loosely cover w towel.  🤞 It seems the days of people having spa etiquette are evaporating..

Thinking of booking this as well. Love to chat with you or others that make be on the ship. Feel free to chat by email.  

Littlebro@live.ca

1 hour ago, willcan said:

Thinking of booking this as well. Love to chat with you or others that make be on the ship. Feel free to chat by email.  

Littlebro@live.ca

Do it! I just booked the mariner for the 16th in 3 days..you only live once! 😎

Back from the Carnival Spirit this morning and had a great time! There is a free sauna and steam room in the men's locker room and 4 individual shower cubicles, each with its own full door. The sauna is pretty small and can hold about 4 comfortably. The steam room is bigger with two benches and can seat about 8 comfortably. The steam room was ungodly hot it was hard to be in there for longer than 5 minutes. 

There are lockers (with mirrors on them). You can get a key from the spa desk or just put your stuff in an open locker. The combination locks didn't seem to work. The biggest downside is that there is no water fountain in the locker room, so bring a bottle of water beforehand. 

It was a VERY active locker room all week 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, natefish95 said:

Back from the Carnival Spirit this morning and had a great time! There is a free sauna and steam room in the men's locker room and 4 individual shower cubicles, each with its own full door. The sauna is pretty small and can hold about 4 comfortably. The steam room is bigger with two benches and can seat about 8 comfortably. The steam room was ungodly hot it was hard to be in there for longer than 5 minutes. 

There are lockers (with mirrors on them). You can get a key from the spa desk or just put your stuff in an open locker. The combination locks didn't seem to work. The biggest downside is that there is no water fountain in the locker room, so bring a bottle of water beforehand. 

It was a VERY active locker room all week 

Thanks for the detailed update. Good information.  Do they have a good gym as well?  

59 minutes ago, willcan said:

Thanks for the detailed update. Good information.  Do they have a good gym as well?  

I thought it was pretty good. Plenty of strength equipment, free weights, and treadmills, which are what I use. Everything was in good condition and clean. They also had sweat towels and a water fountain. 

14 minutes ago, bejwee said:

Ahoy from the Mariner of the Seas! Single sex steam n sauna in full effect. Been a bit quiet thus far, but it's clean and feels great sitting naked on a towel!IMG_20221017_163851056.thumb.jpg.aca5f51e560f1a8e2d0232bb83c598a8.jpgIMG_20221017_164056251.thumb.jpg.83ac068fe7b33b8d79dccdc4c248afb8.jpgIMG_20221017_163848410.thumb.jpg.4cdd6568dd268fc2d49fbae373523513.jpg

Thanks for the great pics. 

• Like 2

I'm just back from a short cruise on P&O Ventura, I'm pleased to report that the single sex facility is still in place with a fully fired up sauna, sadly the steam room was out of action (& had been for some months apparently). Towels were plentiful, however the soap dispensers were near on empty on day 1 & were not refilled at during the sailing.  (This reflected the generally tired appearance of the ship overall in my opinion). M & F attendants now float in & out to tidy up & call out "Housekeeping"  to announce their arrival.  The facility wasn't as busy as it had been on previous sailings however I did meet some nice guys & enjoy time with them.

2 hours ago, spaBme said:

Gents, Called NCL about free saunas, steam, etc. The NCL guy said none are free! Is that correct now?? Looking at Sky and Encore.

No, don't believe everything the customer service reps say. Look at deck plans of the ships. There's a tiny free one on Sky, but everything is co-ed and costs on Encore. 

On 10/2/2022 at 7:06 PM, WaitingInTheSteam said:

I just returned on 9/1/22  from a trip on Celebrity Summit and can confirm that the pictures that twodjs posted on 9/15/22 are exactly what what exists on the ship down to the fixtures and color of the tile. I don't remember the top bench being back-lit which was nice for privacy. The sauna is small, maybe 5-6 max, but it wasn't very busy so that worked out OK. I didn't discover this free, men-only sauna in the fitness center locker room until the third day of my trip. I visited everyday after that. You can enter the locker room from the pool deck or from the hallway to the spa/fitness center. Even though the front wall is glass, the small room was always hot. Some times hotter than others.

Thanks for the update.  Heading out on the summit in a week and look forward in checking it out daily.  

On 10/7/2022 at 9:53 PM, kanadakid said:

Thanks for the feedback LTC - Just booked so it's...Full Steam ahead!

Just was on the ship.  The sauna and steam room were very popular at times.  Lockers, drinking fountain and showers were all great.  The steam room was insanely hot.    Most people only lasted a few minutes at most.  Sauna is moderate size and had 8 guys in it.    It was a very nice setup.   Front room has large changing area with combo lockers, wrap around bench, towels and door that leads to restrooms to the immediate right.   Straight head was a second room with 2 showers to the left, one to the right.  There is a middle wall that blocks views to the sauna and steam room.  Steam room has a frosted door and the sauna has a tinted door that is transparent.   Attendants clean the area and check the sauna temps throughout the day.  I will def cruise on that ship again.  Bring water!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ships and Dip said:

Does anyone know if the steam/sauna are open on embarkation day usually? Specifically Royal Caribbean ships that have them still. I’m hoping to use them before/after dinner on embarkation day. 

Yes, they are usually available for use early in the afternoon. However, almost no one uses them before to the ship's departure. I'm my experience very few guests use it on day 1 at all. 

Hey all, just a report on the Mariner from 2 weeks ago..the steam gets hot but really doesnt produce any steam. The sauna is large and very nice. The showers all have one way glass facing outward, so you cant see out from the showers, but everyone outside can see in for the most part.  It was quiet on the first days but picked up, traffic was steady but not busy.

Fast forward 2 weeks, now on the explorer. Steam gets hot but also doesnt steam much. Sauna same as mariner, very nice. The explorer steam has been very busy..yesterday 6 guys were immersed in noisy conversations..  

Cruise on!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, bejwee said:

Hey all, just a report on the Mariner from 2 weeks ago..the steam gets hot but really doesnt produce any steam. The sauna is large and very nice. The showers all have one way glass facing outward, so you cant see out from the showers, but everyone outside can see in for the most part.  It was quiet on the first days but picked up, traffic was steady but not busy.

Fast forward 2 weeks, now on the explorer. Steam gets hot but also doesnt steam much. Sauna same as mariner, very nice. The explorer steam has been very busy..yesterday 6 guys were immersed in noisy conversations..  

Cruise on!

I’m on Explorer in two weeks!! This is great thank you! Are you able to take some sneaky pictures of the layout / facilities haha. Thanks for the update 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2022 at 2:52 PM, bejwee said:

Ahoy from the Mariner of the Seas! Single sex steam n sauna in full effect. Been a bit quiet thus far, but it's clean and feels great sitting naked on a towel!IMG_20221017_163851056.thumb.jpg.aca5f51e560f1a8e2d0232bb83c598a8.jpgIMG_20221017_164056251.thumb.jpg.83ac068fe7b33b8d79dccdc4c248afb8.jpgIMG_20221017_163848410.thumb.jpg.4cdd6568dd268fc2d49fbae373523513.jpg

Really enjoy sauna/steam after a work out, thanks so much for the info!

• Like 1