Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

29 minutes ago, twodjs said:

I'm reposting some photos I posted a couple years ago. Perhaps STLCRUSIN can confirm if the Summit has a similar layout. Someone else had posted the positioning of the glass-walled sauna across from the showers didn't provide the ideal setup, but at least there still is one.

Thank you for the pictures. It is a bit weird that the sauna is all glass, but looks like it is tucked to the left and restroom area to the right.  

18 hours ago, MN Cruiser Dude said:

Sounds like you been there.  Busy?  How many people does it hold?

17 hours ago, twodjs said:

I'm reposting some photos I posted a couple years ago. Perhaps STLCRUSIN can confirm if the Summit has a similar layout. Someone else had posted the positioning of the glass-walled sauna across from the showers didn't provide the ideal setup, but at least there still is one.

twodjs-Thanks for the pics. That is pretty much how I remember it on Summit and Milly. I didn't look in the restroom area but I remember being able to see the lockers from the sauna. I loved the old setup...not so much the new since I felt like I was on display, lol.

MN Cruiser Dude-You can see from the pics about how many the sauna can hold. In the past it was busy on sea days. Otherwise, late afternoon/early evening (before dinner) can be busy. Have a good time.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 5:00 AM, MN Cruiser Dude said:

Thank you for the pictures. It is a bit weird that the sauna is all glass, but looks like it is tucked to the left and restroom area to the right.  

I don't feel that these glass fronted saunas hold the heat the same.
One I used recently in a hotel had 3 glass sides!! Awful.

I'm sailing on P&O Ventura again in a few weeks so looking forward to a more traditional wooded sauna.  

I'm thinking of booking a 7 night on RCCL Allure of the Seas.  Does anyone have first hand knowledge about whether there's a free steam/sauna in the men's locker room?

I searched the recent pages and didn't see anything.

Disregard - I answered my own question. 🙃

Edited by SailingDoug76

I had to reinstall an earlier version of the database today as it had completely disappeared again this afternoon except for the RCCL ships.

Please, if you are unfamiliar with using the database functions, view it only. Best viewed on a desktop or laptop.

Hi everyone. I'm recently back from NCL Gem's Med cruise.  The week's thermal suite pass was definitely worth it. The sweeping views sailing into and out of those ports while relaxing in the sauna were amazing.  Plus, there wasn't too much traffic so I was able to enjoy the facilities without a suit without any problems.  

I've now booked NCL Jade for November 2023 out of Tampa.  It'll be interesting to see how similar the Jade's thermal suite is to the Gem, as well as the company.  :-)

Hi Guys, does anyone have experience of Regal Princess. We have never cruised with Princess before and the Regal has no listed info on the spreadsheet.

Thinking of taking advantage of a great offer on a UK cruise

I have no idea how, or even if I can, add info to the sheet, but have great experience of Regent Splendour.

Large steam room, sauna and cold room in the mens area.

8 hours ago, Birmingham Cruisers said:

Hi Guys, does anyone have experience of Regal Princess. We have never cruised with Princess before and the Regal has no listed info on the spreadsheet.

Thinking of taking advantage of a great offer on a UK cruise

I have no idea how, or even if I can, add info to the sheet, but have great experience of Regent Splendour.

Large steam room, sauna and cold room in the mens area.

My experience was on Royal Princess, Regal's slightly older sister; same Class of vessel.  There is a thermal suite/hydrotherapy pool that has a steam room and a sauna, but, I don't think a cold room.  There are showers near the pool, one of which is a really cold one.  The facility is not free.  Whether there are these free amenities on the upper decks, I don't know.  Had no interest in such; didn't investigate.  

Hello from the Oceania Nautica! Happy to report the single sex lockers, steam, and 2 showers intact...nobody ever there.

Just got a report from across the dock that the Celebrity Beyond has a pay, coed spa. May want to update the spreadsheet.

8 minutes ago, bejwee said:

Hello from the Oceania Nautica! Happy to report the single sex lockers, steam, and 2 showers intact...nobody ever there.

Good To Know...................But Nobody Ever There Does Sound A Bit Lonely To Me.

I am looking for cruises out of FL mid october thru just before Thanksgiving..so many choices in my date range! Any recommendations foe the best single sex spa setups from these choices?

-Rcl explorer, serenade, brilliance

- ncl pearl, dawn, sky 

- hal nieuw statendam, rotterdam 

- carnival spirit

Thanks for comments or recs from anyone in these choices!

2 hours ago, bejwee said:

I am looking for cruises out of FL mid october thru just before Thanksgiving..so many choices in my date range! Any recommendations foe the best single sex spa setups from these choices?

So I don't like any of those choices............Mostly due to the weather possibilities in the Caribbean.

Also the HAL choices are the only ones I would consider.

For a quick 7 day getaway why not do Mexican Riviera on Koningsdam round trip out of San Diego?

They start on November 12th...............

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bejwee said:

-Rcl explorer, serenade, brilliance

- ncl pearl, dawn, sky 

- hal nieuw statendam, rotterdam 

- carnival spirit

Thanks for comments or recs from anyone in these choices!

From personal experience HAL NS AND R have great single sex sauna with big window.

NcL Pear has a single aex steam in mens gym locker room and a great single sex paid for spa area.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, iramack said:

So I don't like any of those choices............Mostly due to the weather possibilities in the Caribbean.

Also the HAL choices are the only ones I would consider.

For a quick 7 day getaway why not do Mexican Riviera on Koningsdam round trip out of San Diego?

They start on November 12th...............

I live in FL and can easily drive/park at miami, laud, tampa. Not considering any other ports.  I was told HAL is an older/senior crowd which is not my scene as well, so I am still perusing options.  Thanks for the feedback!

On 9/26/2022 at 10:29 AM, CntPAcruiser said:

Wonderful--that's what we thought. We're boarding later this week. Thanks for the report.

On 8/12/2005 at 1:17 PM, GigglewolfOfTheSeas said:

Being an avid user of spa facilities (fitness equipment, steamroom, sauna, etc) and having traveled on a just a few lines (RC

Rccl has just announced that both Mariner and Independence OTS will cancel some sailings in early 2023 to extend drydock time.  Both of these vessels were among the first to be "amped" (RCCL lingo for their current referb project). 

At that time "amping" did not affect the fitness and spa facilities. Since then, other "amped" ships, like the Navigator and Freedom, have had the fitness and spa areas relocated.  Apparently, to make room for more revenue producing cabins.  The relocation included the complete removal of all single sex facilities.  I am just guessing, but I suspect the extended dry dock time will include completing the "amping" and removing our beloved facilities. 

If I'm correct RCCL will only have a few ships left with single sex facilities. Looks like my days are Royal are numbered.