Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

Curious to know if Princess' "Caribbean Princess" has free unisex steam and sauna. Says the Fitness Ctr is free but can't seem to find this out by reviewing ship Info. I know it said there is a quieter vibe aboard with a slightly older crowd so wouldn't mind that, but lack of access to relax in the steam would be a deal breaker for me.

Just hopped on the Carnival Miracle and wanted to report that they have a free single sex steam room and sauna in the spa/fitness center area. The Carnival Miracle is a spirit class ship, and includes the Carnival Spirit, Legend, and Pride.

20221002_121840.jpg

20221002_121850.jpg

20221002_121901.jpg

20221002_121834.jpg

20221002_121829.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oneupchuck said:

Just hopped on the Carnival Miracle and wanted to report that they have a free single sex steam room and sauna in the spa/fitness center area. The Carnival Miracle is a spirit class ship, and includes the Carnival Spirit, Legend, and Pride.

20221002_121840.jpg

20221002_121850.jpg

20221002_121901.jpg

20221002_121834.jpg

20221002_121829.jpg

Great photos and information. Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/15/2022 at 11:29 PM, twodjs said:

I'm reposting some photos I posted a couple years ago. Perhaps STLCRUSIN can confirm if the Summit has a similar layout. Someone else had posted the positioning of the glass-walled sauna across from the showers didn't provide the ideal setup, but at least there still is one.

I just returned on 9/1/22  from a trip on Celebrity Summit and can confirm that the pictures that twodjs posted on 9/15/22 are exactly what what exists on the ship down to the fixtures and color of the tile. I don't remember the top bench being back-lit which was nice for privacy. The sauna is small, maybe 5-6 max, but it wasn't very busy so that worked out OK. I didn't discover this free, men-only sauna in the fitness center locker room until the third day of my trip. I visited everyday after that. You can enter the locker room from the pool deck or from the hallway to the spa/fitness center. Even though the front wall is glass, the small room was always hot. Some times hotter than others.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2022 at 2:13 PM, kanadakid said:

Curious to know if Princess' "Caribbean Princess" has free unisex steam and sauna. Says the Fitness Ctr is free but can't seem to find this out by reviewing ship Info. I know it said there is a quieter vibe aboard with a slightly older crowd so wouldn't mind that, but lack of access to relax in the steam would be a deal breaker for me.

Was on Caribbean princess earlier this summer and yes free unisex sauna and steam. Pretty busy the entire cruise when I would go at varying times. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

3 hours ago, willcan said:

Does anyone know of any ship with a hot tub, located in the men's only areas, where clothing is optional?  

The NCL jewel class of ship, like the Pearl, did have a decent sized hot tub which I have enjoyed with others in the past in the extra charge men's only area that is totally clothing optional. But I remember recent posts where the hot tub may have been replaced with a one person? hot tub or removed completely. Hope others with recent experience will comment.

1 hour ago, twodjs said:

The NCL jewel class of ship, like the Pearl, did have a decent sized hot tub which I have enjoyed with others in the past in the extra charge men's only area that is totally clothing optional. But I remember recent posts where the hot tub may have been replaced with a one person? hot tub or removed completely. Hope others with recent experience will comment.

The Jewel and the Jade both have a hot tub where the other two ships in that class (Gem and Pearl) have a single person tub. I'm fairly confident the Jewel and Jade both have the large multi-person hot tub. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

The Jewel and the Jade both have a hot tub where the other two ships in that class (Gem and Pearl) have a single person tub. I'm fairly confident the Jewel and Jade both have the large multi-person hot tub. 

I appreciate everyone's feedback. 

35 minutes ago, Lovetocruise38 said:

Any feedback on mariner? 

A friend just returned from the Mariner. According to him the men's area, off the gym, is still in place.   Including the steam room, sauna and showers. 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 12:07 AM, Lovetocruise38 said:

Was on Caribbean princess earlier this summer and yes free unisex sauna and steam. Pretty busy the entire cruise when I would go at varying times. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks for the feedback LTC - Just booked so it's...Full Steam ahead!

On 10/7/2022 at 10:53 PM, kanadakid said:

Thanks for the feedback LTC - Just booked so it's...Full Steam ahead!

I assume most folks would find unisex steam and sauna a deal breaker. This thread is gold! Keep up the good feedback guys!

On 8/24/2022 at 1:58 AM, barry1984 said:

On Brilliance OTS now and they’ve changed the steam/sauna to a “thermal suite” that you need to pay for to access 

Not sure exactly how they enforce this as they are still accessed via the men’s locker room which is open to all.

Very disappointing.

Does someone update the spreadsheet with this info? 

Just now, Matty_Boy said:

Just wondering what the rules are on clothing inside the sauna and steam rooms here? Im from England so our rules are a little different. I dont want to get in trouble for sitting there in the nude hahaha. 

Explorer of the sea's btw i forgot to mention

On 10/11/2022 at 2:10 PM, Matty_Boy said:

Just wondering what the rules are on clothing inside the sauna and steam rooms here? Im from England so our rules are a little different. I dont want to get in trouble for sitting there in the nude hahaha. 

Explorer still has a lovely setup, with a large men's locker room, six showers, and a large steam room and sauna. Large towels are provided, and while a few guys will wear shorts or a bathing suit, most put on a towel that is loosened or for some removed entirely once inside the sauna or steam room. 

The more guys who go nude inside the sauna or steam room, the more guys there are who will go nude. If everyone stays wrapped up, then often no one will unwrap. But the staff do not generally check, and there's usually no issue with going nude. On rare occasions when there has been unwelcome attention or behavior, I have heard of scoldings or staff intervention after complaints were made, but that is not the norm.

Hopefully you will have an enjoyable trip and make good use of the facilities. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2022 at 10:07 PM, willcan said:

A friend just returned from the Mariner. According to him the men's area, off the gym, is still in place.   Including the steam room, sauna and showers. 

Hoping this information is correct, about to book this for the 16th!

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 2:10 PM, Matty_Boy said:

I'll be on the explorer around the 29th of this month. I like to sit nude on a towel, unless the whole room is dominated by clothed, loud, unshowered people in gym clothes..in which case i loosely cover w towel.  🤞 It seems the days of people having spa etiquette are evaporating..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bejwee said:

I'll be on the explorer around the 29th of this month. I like to sit nude on a towel, unless the whole room is dominated by clothed, loud, unshowered people in gym clothes..in which case i loosely cover w towel.  🤞 It seems the days of people having spa etiquette are evaporating..

Oooooo have an amazing time!! Let me know what it’s like and if you can sneak any pics of the sauna and steam room lay out, that would be amazing. I’m super excited. 

Hoping all body types attend here as I’m definitely not Brad Pitt hahaha 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matty_Boy said:

Oooooo have an amazing time!! Let me know what it’s like and if you can sneak any pics of the sauna and steam room lay out, that would be amazing. I’m super excited. 

Hoping all body types attend here as I’m definitely not Brad Pitt hahaha 

Here are some pics of the area on Explorer of the Seas. Mariner would be the same also. 
85F7B299-5A3B-4EE1-948E-7BCC0DA5FE33.thumb.jpeg.e4dae805016b7576c3de0e1ada538fc0.jpeg06BBB8E0-32B0-4F06-93BE-53D0E3B854C5.thumb.jpeg.5907ce995d91a570159ba43e161067c8.jpeg155D545D-693D-4E7F-A736-26B48A9BE948.thumb.jpeg.13b4c242d7c4ea43a096749f7b382ed1.jpegA99F7C73-AC25-4518-B70D-E9AF2B5FC06E.thumb.jpeg.46c020c7fb840b018fd3225fbd880cc1.jpeg

• Like 1