Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

On 8/31/2022 at 2:57 AM, windstar said:

Any new updated or first hand reviews/thoughts On the Celebrity Solstice Men's sauna/steam room facilities.

Hoping they are open and being used for good coversation amongst travelers and crew.

Thank you

I was there in June in Alaska. The sauna was open but kinda quiet. 

Has anyone been on the Koningsdam recently? Is the men's sauna functioning? I'm asking because last Thanksgiving both single-sex free saunas with the big windows were closed the entire cruise because of a broken part. Doing that Mexico cruise again this Thanksgiving, so want to be sure it's available.

3 hours ago, twodjs said:

Has anyone been on the Koningsdam recently? Is the men's sauna functioning? I'm asking because last Thanksgiving both single-sex free saunas with the big windows were closed the entire cruise because of a broken part. Doing that Mexico cruise again this Thanksgiving, so want to be sure it's available.

Howard,

I certainly hope it’s working!! And it better be! That’s the reason I booked this trip! If not, my cancel for any reason insurance will be be initiated!! 
Surely that wouldn’t happen two years in a row!!

SM

1 hour ago, iramack said:

Howard,

I certainly hope it’s working!! And it better be! That’s the reason I booked this trip! If not, my cancel for any reason insurance will be be initiated!! 
Surely that wouldn’t happen two years in a row!!

SM

I agree, but that's why I posted so far ahead of our cruise. Just looking out for both of our best interests. I've also got a direct line to ship services, but thought I'd throw it out there for any feedback from our experienced group first. 😁

6 hours ago, twodjs said:

Had a friend go on Koningsdam back in January and yes the sauna was working fine then.

On 9/6/2022 at 8:51 PM, twodjs said:

Anyone else on Holland America's Eurodam to Alaska out of Seattle on Sept. 17? Looks like the weather will be rainy and in the 50s most days, so a daily afternoon sauna should feel really good!

Eurodam staff did a poor job of supplying towels in the small saunas last month. Had to take towels from the pool area. Keep on them if it continues on your cruise.

2 hours ago, ShipWalker said:

Eurodam staff did a poor job of supplying towels in the small saunas last month. Had to take towels from the pool area. Keep on them if it continues on your cruise.

Thanks for bringing up the towel issue!

1 hour ago, STLCRUISIN said:

At my gym the guys always wear their shorts or underwear rather than a towel in the sauna...I just don't get it. 

People from other parts of the world just roll their eyes when they run into (mainly) Americans who don't understand that you are trying to eliminate toxins, not concentrate them by wearing sweaty gym clothes or underwear. Sitting on or loosely wrapped in a towel is so much healthier and a lot more freeing...no harm in giving it a try!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, twodjs said:

People from other parts of the world just roll their eyes when they run into (mainly) Americans who don't understand that you are trying to eliminate toxins, not concentrate them by wearing sweaty gym clothes or underwear. Sitting on or loosely wrapped in a towel is so much healthier and a lot more freeing...no harm in giving it a try!

I totally agree!!

2 hours ago, ouse456 said:

Does anyone have information about the set up on Virgin ships-Valiant Lady, etc.? 

Yes, I chatted with Virgin back in May of 2021. They said:

On 5/18/2021 at 2:26 PM, twodjs said:

The Redemption Spa is entirely co-ed. Some nice options with a mud room, salt room, steam and sauna, heated marble slabs, multiple small pools of various temps, etc. The individual showers in the changing area are roomy, but no single-sex sauna or steam. 

• Like 1

Yes, all Celebrity ships except the Edge class have free saunas. Give us an update if you go in the near future. I think that big round window is gone if I remember correctly, but a smaller sauna still exists. I'm on Summit next May out of New Jersey

Edited by twodjs
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, twodjs said:

Yes, all Celebrity ships except the Edge class have free saunas. Give us an update if you go in the near future. I think that big round window is gone if I remember correctly, but a smaller sauna still exists. I'm on Summit next May out of New Jersey

Perfect.  Just booked for November out of Miami.  Saunas is one of the best part of a cruise. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, twodjs said:

You are correct. Celebrity built additional cabins on Summit where the original men's changing area and sauna was. They moved the changing area to the port side with a smaller sauna that is fronted with glass overlooking the changing area. Not nearly as nice as the original sauna but at least it's free.

• Like 1

I'm reposting some photos I posted a couple years ago. Perhaps STLCRUSIN can confirm if the Summit has a similar layout. Someone else had posted the positioning of the glass-walled sauna across from the showers didn't provide the ideal setup, but at least there still is one.

On 2/17/2019 at 2:32 PM, twodjs said:

Finally found some of the first pictures to surface of a post-drydock M class ship from Celebrity. The Millennium had a major redesign of the locker room/sauna area. The original space has been replace by about 13 Aqua class staterooms. The new smaller space does still have the free, smaller sauna within the new locker room space. I downloaded a few pictures.

8A01D492-78A7-496A-BCFE-06C6083835E7.jpeg.a81fcabebe2d2235b5e1f687f1ab17f7.jpeg

160CBCB0-32A5-47BA-AD8F-024A72DBB885.jpeg.34e983f0f32961a4fb7d9a021b9a700d.jpeg

AADA6CC3-2555-41DE-81C9-7732A24C4508.jpeg.6ac78944db818af9c9598767a2d0c5ba.jpeg

D8AD92AE-BB6C-4FB1-80FD-EB244E41DC12.jpeg.f4c6ec1f22d0460ec901bcf4802855d5.jpeg

• Thanks 1