Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

14 hours ago, sailerjosh22 said:

I’ll be on the Diamond Princess from April 20 - 29 in Japan. I believe the sauna and steam is single sex and free. 

Anyone else planning to be on this cruise? 

I’ll be on the Diamond at the end of January; I’ll do some research for you. 

2 minutes ago, sailerjosh22 said:

Seriously? That sucks. Might have to look at another cruise then. 

Better to know before you book for sure. If you are set on RC they still have ships with great man's areas.  Liberty, Adventure and Mariner for starters. (Unless they have been in drydock in 2023). And most of their older ships too. 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 10:07 PM, willcan said:

A friend of mine was on the ship. He said the men's only area has been removed and replaced with a paid co-ed thermal suite. 

This is incorrect about Brilliance. They removed the coed thermal suite I think, but the locker rooms with the sauna and steam room haven't been touched. Same thing on Jewel, Radiance, and Serenade. 

I got back a few days ago from a B2B on the Summit. Really nice ship with a free sauna in the locker room off the solarium.

The sauna is weird because it's a wall of windows facing into the locker room, but better than nothing I guess. It can hold about 4 people comfortably. The first cruise, it was pretty crowded most times. The second cruise it was barely used. Crazy how things can be so different cruise to cruise. 

Since it's also connected to the solarium, you get guys coming in to use the bathroom, and then they'll peak around into the sauna, sometimes lingering a bit longer than normal checking things out...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2023 at 10:33 PM, twodjs said:

The NCL Jewel class ships have a really nice men's only area - not free but definitely worth the price. Several have mentioned it on previous posts. Large windows to the sea in the sauna.

Thanks! I have a couple more questions for you. Twodjs, open to chatting via email? 

21 hours ago, natefish95 said:

This is incorrect about Brilliance. They removed the coed thermal suite I think, but the locker rooms with the sauna and steam room haven't been touched. Same thing on Jewel, Radiance, and Serenade. 

Hmm good to know! I’m going ask RC guest support to see if they can confirm. I’d hate to book a cruise with no single sex sauna and steam. 

4 hours ago, sailerjosh22 said:

Hmm good to know! I’m going ask RC guest support to see if they can confirm. I’d hate to book a cruise with no single sex sauna and steam. 

Whether they have the correct answer is hit or miss. Just google the deck plans. On Deck 11 where the spa and fitness center are located there actually are no cabins and looks like the the co-ed thermal suite is still there. When I was on Jewel OTS, the co-ed thermal suite was removed and replaced with staterooms, but the locker rooms with the sauna and steam room were still there. 

On 1/24/2023 at 8:08 PM, natefish95 said:

My apologies. I just confirmed with my friend. He said the Brilliance still has a free sauna. I misunderstood what he told me last time. So sorry. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, willcan said:

My apologies. I just confirmed with my friend. He said the Brilliance still has a free sauna. I misunderstood what he told me last time. So sorry. 

No worries! I did some YouTube sleuthing as well of recent cruise ship tour videos and the single sex sauna looks to be still free in the change room. 

On 1/28/2023 at 11:34 AM, happytraveller said:

on Celebrity Infinity in 9 weeks, hope either on the ship and more guys use them

HI, are you on the trans Atlantic? Or the early April one ?  I am hoping to go on the TA. Could you give us an update on the ship? 

Just got off the Emerald Princess. The locker room sauna and steam rooms were removed during a recent refurbishment. The ship's deck plan and the VacationTo Go deck plans have not been updated. I have updated the locker/steam room chart.

Edited by ouse456

I was on the Holland America Volendam recently. The sauna is not located in the locker room. It is located in the spa hallway.(For the men's sauna turn left exitting the back locker room door. The sauna is several yards down the hall on the right. I think many were not aware its existence or location.)