Moisturiser (body lotion) on Nieuw Amsterdam in 2014

herbsnspices

Sailing on a 24 night Mediterranean cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam shortly and as we are now thinking of what to - and what not to - pack, were wondering if anyone who has sailed on this ship recently can advise what toiletries are currently being provided in the bathrooms of balcony cabins on the verandah deck. Any advice and tips would also be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hope this question had been submitted on the right forum!

Edited by herbsnspices

Sailing on a 24 night Mediterranean cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam shortly and as we are now thinking of what to - and what not to - pack, were wondering if anyone who has sailed on this ship recently can advise what toiletries are currently being provided in the bathrooms of balcony cabins on the verandah deck. Any advice and tips would also be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hope this question had been submitted on the right forum!

Shampoo, conditioner and body wash are provided in wall mounted dispensers in the tubs/showers. A small container of Elemis lotion and a small bar of soap will be on the vanity.

We always take along our own large cake of soap.

A hair dryer will be in a drawer at the desk.

One tip is that the seat comes off the desk stool and you can use the stool as a laundry hamper.

If you ask questions specific to Holland America on the Holland America board rather than here on the Ask a Cruise Question board you will get lots of advice from Holland America cruisers.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=171

Also you can check out http://www.halfacts.com

Edited by sapper1

If you have any sensitivities, you would be wise to bring your own soap, shampoo and lotion. I don't have a problem with the soap, but prefer my own shampoo.

Like Krazy Kruizers, I don't care for the Elemis products, so I always bring a bottle of White Citrus lotion by Bath and Body Works. I love the fresh lime scent - it always makes me feel so clean.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Thank you all for your responses. Think I will take my own supplies. Love Bath & Body Works products but haven't been able to find them anywhere in Australia. Spending a month in Waikiki next year so will be purchasing more then. Happy travels to you.

Thank you all for your responses. Think I will take my own supplies. Love Bath & Body Works products but haven't been able to find them anywhere in Australia. Spending a month in Waikiki next year so will be purchasing more then. Happy travels to you.

Can you buy Bath & Body Works products on line?