Noordam's threadbare carpet.

steve ch

Why do you love it Betty?

soccer

Plainly put: It is an inside joke that apparently you are not part of, so time to let it go.

OK everyone we've had our laugh but realize that Soccer obviously did not read the other thread..

Soccer & Chelly..This is the explanation:

Several weeks ago there was a post on Cruise Critic entitled:

"LIVE from the Noordam-a Disasterdam"

That thread was eventually closed by the Mods as it became very contentious (sp?)..

However the OP of that thread knocked the entire cruise even complaining that there were many Europeans on it, who had paid reduced rates while the OP happened to pay the full asking price..

In one paragraph the OP of that thread stated:

Quote The pool cushions are old and stained. The carpet throughout all areas is in dire need of replacement. The Noordam has seen better days. Cutbacks are evident since most passengers are locals who paid reduced rates. Pity those of us who paid full freight..Unquote

That is the reason I said that I loved the OP's post on this thread, as could not imagine someone complaining about a cruise that much... Nothing seemed to be good for the OP of the "Disasterdam" thread..

Suggest you read that thread yourself to understand why we all love this Tongue-in-cheek response to the "Disasterdam "thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2078518&highlight=disasterdam

Betty

Edited by serendipity1499

I am concerned about the posters on this forum.

Please ask yourself the following question.

"Would I want my children, grandchildren, mother or father to respond this way in a public forum? "

soccer

Please Soccer, try to see the humor in this thread...BTW I wouldn't mind if my children, grandchildren, etc. responded in this way..

It's a joke which you obviously believe some of us carried a bit too far..

It's all in fun...Sometimes we try to be funny & realize it does not come across that way to others..

Just wondering what the point of this thread was and asked very nicely.

It seems strange to me that someone would answer a question and forget it a few minutes later. I hope he or she is OK, seriously. Remember the question was asked to the original poster.

soccer

OMG...I was joking!!! Get over yourself Soccer. You're not funny anymore.

For those who may be wondering, after an extensive search on Noordam last week, I can reveal that the threadbare carpet is on the edge of a tread on the forward stairs on the flight between between decks 2 and 3. It took some finding, believe me!

Oh my, should I cancel my Alaskan cruise? :eek:

Since soccerpapi is now questioning the responses in another thread, I suggest you all do what I did and add him to my ignore list.

Ignore him if you want, but I suspect that you've just been played, as have the rest of us. Here's a photo of Soccerpapi in his troll costume:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1KFbtdSfWIXeSf7BYRhVisvqg8us8t6r83YXhEa9n7-0g6_2e

Since soccerpapi is now questioning the responses in another thread, I suggest you all do what I did and add him to my ignore list.

Yes but.... there's something ringing bells about the writing style and it's all a deliberate put-on, making me wonder if he has another ID.;)

Man, many of you are like politicians who get caught doing something wrong. Blame and smear the accuser and stick together.

Still the original poster has not explained why he started this thread which was the original question.

Once the original poster explains himself, we can find out the truth why he posted this thread.

soccer

Edited by soccerpapi

OK everyone we've had our laugh but realize that Soccer obviously did not read the other thread..

Soccer & Chelly..This is the explanation:

Several weeks ago there was a post on Cruise Critic entitled:

"LIVE from the Noordam-a Disasterdam"

That thread was eventually closed by the Mods as it became very contentious (sp?)..

However the OP of that thread knocked the entire cruise even complaining that there were many Europeans on it, who had paid reduced rates while the OP happened to pay the full asking price..

In one paragraph the OP of that thread stated:

Quote The pool cushions are old and stained. The carpet throughout all areas is in dire need of replacement. The Noordam has seen better days. Cutbacks are evident since most passengers are locals who paid reduced rates. Pity those of us who paid full freight..Unquote

That is the reason I said that I loved the OP's post on this thread, as could not imagine someone complaining about a cruise that much... Nothing seemed to be good for the OP of the "Disasterdam" thread..

Suggest you read that thread yourself to understand why we all love this Tongue-in-cheek response to the "Disasterdam "thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2078518&highlight=disasterdam

Betty

I think that sums it up nicely.

Soccer,

All I was trying to do was reassure people who might have been concerned after reading the recent negative reviews that while, if you look hard enough, you can find faults, in the grand scheme of things, it's nothing serious.

I think that sums it up nicely.

Soccer,

All I was trying to do was reassure people who might have been concerned after reading the recent negative reviews that while, if you look hard enough, you can find faults, in the grand scheme of things, it's nothing serious.

Thank you for responding.

It does seem a little strange to start a thread like this however.

It's even more strange that asking you why you were so concerned about worn carpet would create such a reaction from others.

I am glad you had a good cruise and again thank you for responding.

soccer

The carpeting in public areas is shameful. Not since I started cruising in the 1980's have I seen the dirty and worn carpets and the stained, faded, and old cushions on the Noordam. I posted about and was run off the boards by posters apparently working for HAL. I hope they enjoy the Noordam as little as I did.

Thank you for responding.

It does seem a little strange to start a thread like this however.

It's even more strange that asking you why you were so concerned about worn carpet would create such a reaction from others.

I am glad you had a good cruise and again thank you for responding.

soccer

You know, you really have to work on your sense of humour. If you can't laugh now and then, life gets tougher.

I hope you have great cruises and take a different attitude with you on board.

The carpeting in public areas is shameful. Not since I started cruising in the 1980's have I seen the dirty and worn carpets and the stained, faded, and old cushions on the Noordam. I posted about and was run off the boards by posters apparently working for HAL. I hope they enjoy the Noordam as little as I did.

Ah, the Disasterdam OP! Welcome to the thread, even if you've completely missed the whole point. I'm sure that you and Soccerpapi will get along famously.

Seriously folks, I think we're all trying to find a little levity on these boards and that was the original intention of this thread. There are so many "Debbie-downer" threads that it's time we had a few lighthearted ones - and this one started out that way. Lighten up, people, life's too short ! ! ! If your glass isn't half full, grab the bottle of wine and top it off!

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Seriously folks, I think we're all trying to find a little levity on these boards and that was the original intention of this thread. There are so many "Debbie-downer" threads that it's time we had a few lighthearted ones - and this one started out that way. Lighten up, people, life's too short ! ! ! If your glass isn't half full, grab the bottle of wine and top it off!

About 2/3 of the way through our July/Aug 2014 Eurodam cruise we noticed 2 crew members replacing some carpeting on the forward staircase. Yay! Although nothing looked terrible or even bad. Later that day all the carpeting in the elevators that had the days on them disapeared for the rest of the cruise. Boo.

Be careful what you wish for I guess.

Darn thread Lol.

If your glass isn't half full, grab the bottle of wine and top it off!

Don't care if the glass is hall full or half empty, I just drink whatever is in the glass :D

p.s. soccerpapi, if you read this, don't tell your grandchildren ...

Edited by taxmantoo

And be sure to have a piece of apple pie with it.;):D