Choosing not to "Go Green"

cruisefan2012

Has anybody else chosen not to "Go Green" and recieve their cruise info in the mail?

I have gone green previously and have decided this time not too

Just wondering do P&O still send out a booklet detailing excursions - I`m aware now you can book excursions before the cruise

Just wondering what peoples experiences of not going green are...

Will I recieve my ticket / luggage labels in the post instead of needing to print them out?...

Has anybody else chosen not to "Go Green" and recieve their cruise info in the mail?

I have gone green previously and have decided this time not too

Just wondering do P&O still send out a booklet detailing excursions - I`m aware now you can book excursions before the cruise

Just wondering what peoples experiences of not going green are...

Will I recieve my ticket / luggage labels in the post instead of needing to print them out?...

I have the feeling its quite a hit and miss affair.

If you book a saver fare I think that auto means you go green.

Last big cruise we did ,we booked select and got the tickets and booklet etc.

Others have posted that they haven't.

Also I thought if you went green, it was not possible to ungreen yourself....

check on your CP to make sure that you will accept them notifying you every which way,and see what happens.

For my Azura cruise in June, I did not opt to go green and got a booklet from P & O detailing excursions etc which also had preprinted luggage labels.

Whilst I can appreciate asking people to print out luggage labels which is not too much of a drag, it is really much better to be able to flick through a booklet and see all the excursions rather than the clunky way of looking at them on the website.

I don't know whether you can chop and change "being green" for each cruise - it is a shame if you can't as I would be happy being green for say a 2-3 night cruise - but not for 15 days.

Call me sad, but I thought it was also very nice to have a souvenir booklet with our names on the front! I did refer to it quite a few times on our cruise and have shown it to people once home.

Also, I thought the luggage labels in the booklet were very sturdy and stronger than I could print off at home.

How soon have people received their books because we are travelling with a single friend who has never been on P&O and she does not do internet at all, so I'm hoping she will get it all.

We are sailing on 19 sept on oriana and received our info book containing the luggage labels last week. As others have said it is so much nicer to read in a book about the excursions and obviously the labels are so much stronger than those you print yourself Daphne

I printed out my luggage labels online and laminated them. Then this morning received a booklet with tour info and labels. I had been looking at the tours on my cruise personaliser so didn't think I'd receive the booklet as our cruise is less than a fortnight away.It doesn't seem to matter if you book select or saver as my last cruise was an early saver and we received one but don't always get one when we book select. It's much better to have a booklet than look online at tours.

And I did!

I think you have to be careful how you complete that first Holiday Information page where you are asked whether you want to go for the Green option. It currently says that if you opt for printing your own brochure on line, you don't get sent the book through the post.

I've completed the cruise personaliser on line, downloaded all cruise info., booked excursions on line and printed and laminated luggage labels. Still received cruise booklet.

Booked Select Fare through travel agent.

I printed out my luggage labels online and laminated them.

Why bother?

If P&O can't be bothered to post them to you, just wait until you get to the port. The staff there will have 'real' labels, so just ask them to fill in the details and put them on your bags.

Sorry All - should have explained myself better

I have 2 P&O Cruises coming up both on Britannia

I have filled out the Cruise Personaliser for both leaving only the "Your Holiday Information" option unticked on the "to do list"

What I would like to know is will I by NOT ticking the box recieve my cruise tickets // luggage labels // shore excursions booklet in the post ?

I didnt book a saver fare, I booked the first cruise on the day that they first went on sale... On the ship, itinerary, cabin, dining, seating option I wanted plus got extra onboard credit due to P&O cancelling another cruise on me!!

Yes, by not ticking the info box, you should receive the info book with luggage labels in the post. I didn't tick, and I received my info book on Saturday for my cruise next month.

Carol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have always filled in the cruise personaliser with personal details, (passport no, insurance etc.), but had a warning from the old P&O forum not to click 'go green' - not sure if the wording has changed now. The main reason is to receive decent luggage labels - I would never trust printed ones and we do not have access to a laminator. One wonders if P&O actually cost themselves more in time and hassle with cases loosing their paper labels, which I am sure must happen at times.

Regarding excursions - it is possible to book excursions on line well before the cruise excursion book arrives and in some cases it is wise to do so, especially if going to an unusual, or smaller destination where there may not be much availability for excursions and they may not be bookable independently for the same reason. For example, we have booked the train in Flamm previously, for the shorter trip which just goes to a hotel in Vatnahalsen, (? spp), for refreshments and then back by the train. That trip booked incredibly quickly and was not in the cruise book when it arrived, so presumably the book only includes excursions that are available at the time of printing. Many passengers tried to argue with us that that trip had not been available - strange what people choose to disagree about as we had actually booked and went on the trip - very good it was too. Perhaps not the cheapest, but getting availability for the Flamm train independently is very risky as cruise ships tend to book the times that are reasonably possible, given port times.

P&O used to release excursions for booking about 3 months before the cruise, but we are booked on a Northern Lights cruise for next March and excursions are already on sale. You have to pay upfront, but they are cancellable with full refund up to a certain date, (possibly a week before sailing but I may be wrong on that). P&O do give excursion T&C's on the cruise personaliser so make sure you read them.

Booking excursions online does not mean you have 'gone green' so you will still get a cruise book with luggage labels - or we always have in the past. We have never done a late booking so I cannot comment on saver fares.

Edited by tring

Does it make a difference if you book early saver/saver rather than select. When going on the Cruise Personaliser, I did not tick the box to make my own E Brochure,(which I think is the new "go Green" option), but having just been on to check our cp now, I noticed it is now saying that "my E Ticket will usually be available in approx 5 weeks before..." It also says this on the Luggage page, yet I did not tick go green/E brochure etc, as I too like to actually receive proper labels and tickets. So will I just have to wait and see if I receive anything in the next 2 -3 weeks?