New to Holland America? This is for you...AKA "HAL For Dummies"

Host Walt

On 7/21/2024 at 1:26 PM, 0106 said:

IMG_0695.jpeg.bc8b53d2dd1b3026753df3d7d97bf18b.jpeg

I looked up “aot” milk thinking that was ANOTHER new variety of “milk”, but thinking it actually means “oat” milk?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, kluv2cruz said:

I looked up “aot” milk thinking that was ANOTHER new variety of “milk”, but thinking it actually means “oat” milk?

Proofreading is not a forte on HAL menus.  I believe they meant oat milk because I have had oat milk on HAL ships.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I have a couple of post-cruise questions.

Do your pre-paid excursions, pre-paid Club Orange and pre-paid internet plan count towards cruise credits earned for every $300 spent? Or, only purchases actually made on board that appear in your folio?

Will purchases that are covered by OBC still count towards your on board spending? 

How do you leave a review for an excursion on the Holland America site? I can read the reviews, but I do not see an option to write one?

Thanks!

Edited by Ileneilene123

@Ileneilene123

1. Do your pre-paid excursions, pre-paid Club Orange and pre-paid internet plan count towards cruise credits earned for every $300 spent? Yes

2. Will purchases that are covered by OBC still count towards your on board spending? Yes

3. How do you leave a review for an excursion on the Holland America site? After you go on an excursion you will be sent a link encouraging you to write a review.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 0106 said:

1. Do your pre-paid excursions, pre-paid Club Orange and pre-paid internet plan count towards cruise credits earned for every $300 spent? Yes

How about pre-paid HIA and laundry package?

18 hours ago, 0106 said:

3. How do you leave a review for an excursion on the Holland America site? After you go on an excursion you will be sent a link encouraging you to write a review.

Thank you. It’s only been a week since our cruise ended. We did not receive links encouraging us to write reviews for our excursions yet. We did receive emails asking us to review the cruise itself, which we did. 

We did not receive a link to review our previous cruise (in April).  We were disappointed because there were a couple of crew that we wanted to mention in a positive way. We left the ship a day early.  Maybe that's the reason.

9 hours ago, islandwoman said:

We did not receive a link to review our previous cruise (in April).  We were disappointed because there were a couple of crew that we wanted to mention in a positive way. We left the ship a day early.  Maybe that's the reason.

I've not received them sometimes even though I've never left early.

Some people have mentioned you can call and request one be sent. Also, no help now, but when you're on the ship you can use the app "let us know" feature ' they do read it 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Sunnyway said:

What are the laundry charges per item and/or per bag? 

Is there a laundry perk if one is in Club Orange?

I recently bought an unlimited laundry package for my upcoming cruise of 18 days for $189.

I also bought Club Orange - no indication of a laundry perk for that.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2024 at 9:28 AM, Sunnyway said:

What are the laundry charges per item and/or per bag? 

Is there a laundry perk if one is in Club Orange?

You can see the price for your full cruise by logging into your booking - it will be under "packages." No discount for pre-paying, so you can wait to use OBC if you want.

They do amazingly good work.

No laundry benefit through CO.

Safe travels- enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

On 7/9/2024 at 2:50 PM, islander47 said:

If you want to eat in the MDR the first night, stop by the dining desk as soon as you board and made a rerservation, if they are taking them. It will be very crowded early in more cases.

New to Holland. Booked my first cruise last night so I am just starting to research. I choose the anytime dining.  Do I need to make a reservation for each night? Used to other cruise lines where I just check in for ATD or go at my assigned time for set dining. 

12 minutes ago, CheapieD said:

New to Holland. Booked my first cruise last night so I am just starting to research. I choose the anytime dining.  Do I need to make a reservation for each night? Used to other cruise lines where I just check in for ATD or go at my assigned time for set dining. 

No, you do not need to reserve every night.  Just show up.  Sometimes there is a line and sometimes there isn't.

• Like 1

Ok I know this is going to sound stupid but….., here goes! I have completed some time ago my online check in etc. I can’t remember what I chose for my dinning time. How do I go and see this? I have gone back into my online booking but when I try and look it just keeps saying online check in complete. 

Edited by Jensue9

28 minutes ago, CheapieD said:

You can just show up. However, if you want a specific time one night for the main dining room, stop by the dining room desk and request one. They generally only do this between 6 and 7 and only a few nights in advance. The early times and the later times are the most popular because they don't interfere with show times on the main stage.

1 hour ago, Jensue9 said:

Ok I know this is going to sound stupid but….., here goes! I have completed some time ago my online check in etc. I can’t remember what I chose for my dinning time. How do I go and see this? I have gone back into my online booking but when I try and look it just keeps saying online check in complete. 

You were sent a PDF of your booking - probably attached to a mail you got right after you booked, and perhaps again if you've already made final payment.  It will be there.  Also, even if your online checkin is complete, you can still go into it and look at it, or even edit it, I believe.  But I don't think your dining time has anything to do with online checkin.

Edited by Moriah

4 hours ago, Moriah said:

...But I don't think your dining time has anything to do with online checkin.

Correct @Jensue9 dining time was selected at time of booking, not check in, same as bed configuration. It won't show now, but you can call and ask.

8 hours ago, Jensue9 said:

Thanks for the replies. I’ll have to ask my travel agent who booked the cruise for us. 

Your TA can also provide a booking confirmation that shows both your dining and bed configuration.