How do you get in the Concierge Lounge?

kybill

Let me guess you walk in! Is the lounge open to the public? Or does it require a key? We've had this service on NCL in the past but this will be our first time to have this service on RCCL.

Inquiring minds want to know!

Bill

The conceirage service is for those who have a suite, (GS, OS, RFS and RS only, not Jr. Suites) and for those who are Diamond level. They give you a key and it is not open to anyone else. (Meaning you can't bring guests). Continental breakfast in the morning, appetizers and free drinks in the pm.

The conceirage service is for those who have a suite, (GS, OS, RFS and RS only, not Jr. Suites) and for those who are Diamond level. They give you a key and it is not open to anyone else. (Meaning you can't bring guests). Continental breakfast in the morning, appetizers and free drinks in the pm.

Maybe not "legaly", but I have been in there as a guest.

Shame on you. Guests are not allowed. And these days with so many "legally" allowed pax, the lounges are increasingly crowded. Concierge service is for those who qualify, not for their friends or guests. I wouldn't dream of trying to sneak in because it's not fair to those who actually qualify to be there.

beachchick

Shame on you. Guests are not allowed. And these days with so many "legally" allowed pax, the lounges are increasingly crowded. Concierge service is for those who qualify, not for their friends or guests. I wouldn't dream of trying to sneak in because it's not fair to those who actually qualify to be there.

beachchick

You tell em.

beachchick

If some one invites me in I am not going to turn them down. You worry about the wrong things.

On our Serenade cruise last year to Alaska, the Concierge loung was so crowded in the evening that it was not enjoyable. DH and I enjoyed our pre-dinner cocktails in the Schooner Bar and paid extra for them! I wonder how many in the overcrowded Concierge lounge were "invited in" illegally??? Not really a huge deal in the big scheme of things, but I agree, perks are for those who have gotten them the old-fashioned way---THEY EARNED THEM!! (putting the soap box back on the shelf now).

Well, if the overcrowding is because of people coming in "illegaly", then RCI will most likely start a policy of making sure everyone coming in has a key.

I'm booked on the Brilliance and the Radiance, and I wanted to try these ships partially because we are Diamond level and I wanted to try out the concierge lounge. Doesn't sound so inviting now.

beachchick

You just don't understand, beachchick - those rules are for everyone else, not them. ;) For them, rules are just an inconvenience or something to be gotten around. I guess they don't believe in the honor system. And they will probably be the first on returning from their cruise to complain that the concierge lounge was too crowded.

And shame on those who invite people who aren't qualified to enter, especially if the lounges are already crowded with people who have the right to use the lounge. Are they trying to impress their friends with the fact that they get special perks?

I'd hate to see it get to the point where you have to show your seapass in order to prove you have a right to enter the lounge.

Are the lounges crowded at breakfast time as well? -- we were hoping to grab a quick, light breakfast there on mornings we are in port in order to avoid the crowds at windjammer....good thing there is the room service option.

I was often the only one.

I enjoy the Concierge Lounge at times to meet other passengers who cruise alot and get their opinions and experiences on other cruise lines they may have cruised that I might want to try. Usually I pop in before dinner for about 30 minutes, or to get out of the way of the DW who's still getting ready for dinner. Go visit the lounge and enjoy.

Dave

Peggy, you do need a key to get into the lounge. It's separate from your room key. I think (could be wrong about it, though) that there was only one key per cabin. I also think the room is unmarked (also could be mistkaken...) that it just has a cabin number on it. I was on AOS in January. There was certainly no overcrowding issue, but there was a couple who brought a very young child in. I had no problem with the child, but the parents who ignored him. The kid really was miserably bored in there and amused himself by taking food out of the chafing dishes, looking/tasting and putting it back. Charming.

--Judy

Well, if the overcrowding is because of people coming in "illegaly", then RCI will most likely start a policy of making sure everyone coming in has a key.

I'm booked on the Brilliance and the Radiance, and I wanted to try these ships partially because we are Diamond level and I wanted to try out the concierge lounge. Doesn't sound so inviting now.

Thanks for the reassurance.

I was aware that a key was needed, but I wonder if it gets overcrowded if they won't be checking more on this. I wonder if they might start putting something on the SeaPass card to designate that you can be in the lounge.

We'll see. If it becomes a problem, they'll come up with some new way to keep track of the "ineligibles".

I once asked if I could use the concierge lounge even though I am staying in a balcony stateroom. The reason I asked is because my room is adjoined to my parents' grand suite. Since I am only 18 my parents will make arrangements for all of us with the concierge, not just for those of our group who are staying in the grand suite, so its not like we would be just freeloading for the free stuff - we would be using the concierge service as a family. Still, I expected to get a big thumbs-down.

Surprisingly, several people posted that when their family members or members of the group they were cruising with were staying in a suite and they were not, or vice versa, the concierge for that cruise welcomed all members of the group into the lounge, not just the ones in the suite, even though they knew they were not supposed to have access to the concierge service. Others posted that this was not allowed on their cruise, though.

So I think it is more an issue of the concierge on duty and how lenient they are, rather than people "sneaking in freeloaders". I doubt many people do it secretively, as the concierge usually knows who has concierge service. But if the concierge on your cruise allows and even encourages people to bring guests, then I don't see why it is the passengers' faults for the lounge being overcrowded - if anyone's, it is the concierge's, though he/she may be very well-intentioned.

Archived