Poor Azamara Customer Service

woolfman2

So please everyone, don't write off Azamara customer service! There are times when it works exactly as it should, and it's great. ;)

I agree.

Last Thursday, I enlisted my always helpful TA to make changes in two upcoming ACC cruises. Our call was answered almost immediately and, after a brief and fruitful discussion about options, the first change instituted.

The second alteration, because we are in a group booking, necessitated referral to another agent. In this case we had seriously wondered if the request would receive acquiescence. The second agent appropriately chose to consult a superior and again the change accepted.

My TA commented that both agents were "polite and professional", in fact she had had some worse experiences dealing with Miami in prior circumstances. (I have her permission to paraphrase her assessment).

I understand that this anecdote does not nullify the bad experiences of others, and I'm pleased to see Azamara is making attempts to ensure that everyone enjoys our experience and that the service always works the way it should. I also accept that there have been greater issues for UK/European customers.

But reading the above posts suggests that the efficient attention we received was not a complete outlier.

• 7 months later...
Hello Woofman2,

Thank you for posting your situation and advising us on what has happened. As you are aware we do reserve the right to change the included voyages in the campaign based on demand, this is clearly listed in all of the communications we publish in the terms & conditions. The Quest July 18, 2015 British Open voyage is always one of our most popular, after the campaign was launched we received a large number of bookings for this sailing. Because of this demand we had have to exclude this voyage from the promotion. From your note, we know you understand this.

What is not acceptable to us is the service you have received from the customer service department. Our management team has noted your situation and we ask if you could email our Director below, so we can work out the details of what has taken place and come to a resolution that will work for both parties.

Carmen Corvos-Roig, Director of Sales, North America

Azamara Club Cruises

CRoig@AzamaraClubCruises.com

Thank you - Azamara

I agree with the Rep here. In the contract if you read the terms and conditions the vendor is able to change the promo with or without notice. Not to bash you but if I were so enticed about the Promo I would have put down the deposit and took care of the rest when I got home. Gee how careful can you really be? I have booked plenty of vacations while abroad when I saw a good deal I snatched it up didn't matter if I was in Paris or Rome the deal was mine.

Heck just because I am abroad does not preclude me from planning and booking a trip. As in your case I would have thought that the cruise I am interested in is very popular and to me a cost savings is key so I will go ahead and put down the deposit nothing to lose as I can cancel it when I get home if its not Final Payment and get my deposit back.

I'm siding with Azamara on this one because you should have asked the rep when the promo would end and if you got the answer its based on demand I am sure you would get out your Credit Card and put down a deposit.

You lost out on this one OP sadly but this is part of the travel industry. When I see a good airfare I'm going to book it NOW and not wait for fear it can change drastically. If it went down $100 so be it but if it went up $500 then I would be quite upset. The same goes for hotels if I see a price I like and I see that hotels in the area are very expensive I will book it right away if I know my dates.

Point is this is a good lesson in the future when you see a limited time promo you like act upon it if it fits your travel dates.

We too use our TA to answer queries.

We had one yesterday re our flight and within 5minutes our TA rang us back whilst he had Azamara on the other line. Their answer was basically 'what can we do to help ? Certainly .....problem fixed. Our TA even commented with....I didn't know that was an option I'll remember that for future ref.

He was dealing with the UK air department.

We were impressed.

We too use our TA to answer queries.

We had one yesterday re our flight and within 5minutes our TA rang us back whilst he had Azamara on the other line. Their answer was basically 'what can we do to help ? Certainly .....problem fixed. Our TA even commented with....I didn't know that was an option I'll remember that for future ref.

He was dealing with the UK air department.

We were impressed.

Nice to hear. Thanks for posting.