New Info!!-- Freedom Of The Seas!!

I was speaking to my RCI Group Coordinator in Miami this morning and she just happened to see them deliver the model of the Freedom at RCI headquarters. She didn't get to look at it for long before they wisked it off to some hidden area, however she was able to peek long enough to give me this bit of info:

The Sports Deck is going to feature a wave pool for simulated surfing.

It will be on the upper most outer deck.

Stay tuned for more info...

I heard somewhere to they are having a Flume Ride on it something like the one at Splash Mountain at Disney World in Florida. I could be wrong though.:confused:

Jimbo:)

For those who violate Formal night policy they open the chute and send you off into the Caribbean sea. I hear they are installing it on Celebrity so the Fashion Police can punish those of us who refuse to join the March of the Penguins

For those who violate Formal night policy they open the chute and send you off into the Caribbean sea. I hear they are installing it on Celebrity so the Fashion Police can punish those of us who refuse to join the March of the Penguins

There must be two exiting chutes. I distinctly heard that one chute is strictly for those who insist on wearing nice jeans into the dining room during casual nights. It must have some sort of waterproof high-tech fashion sensory equiptment installed in order to tell the difference between the two.

Hey, NOBODY is cute in Speedos. It's official, too. The National Enquirer did a poll of the soccer hottie, Beckman, in Speedos and shorts, and the shorts won out. If HE can't cut it in Speedos, then nobody can. :D :D

OK, here's my questions. If the RCCL rep got a "quick" look at at model, how did she know it was a wave pool and not a lap pool? Did the model have big 3-D waves splashing over the sides washing all the chairhog's items off their front row loungers? :)

OK, here's my questions. If the RCCL rep got a "quick" look at at model, how did she know it was a wave pool and not a lap pool? Did the model have big 3-D waves splashing over the sides washing all the chairhog's items off their front row loungers? :)

Pretty easy, with all the complaints about rerouting the VOS to Canada RCCL has a new policy beginning with Freedom.

They won´t reroute this ship anymore regardlessof weather they are sailing into.

With Hurricane force winds every pool on the ship will get a wave pool, as well as your bath tub in your suite.:D

I'm guessing there were plasticine waves.

The RCI staff member got a long enough look at the model to see the wave pool-- it also had a model of a guy on a surfboard riding the waves. She said the pool will be on the uppermost deck aft.. near the mini-golf and sports deck.

Apparently this information is now common knowledge at RCI agents as my secondary contact also confirmed this feature.

That's the same Freedom website that's being around for a while. There's no new info there as of today; it still says that "Top Secret" info will be coming soon in August 2005.

I'm on the phone with RCI several times a day and keep you all posted on anything new I hear. I'll also be going on the 2-night pre-inaugural cruise to nowhere in May and as always will post pics and a review... Stay tuned

they're also doing two full 7 day pre-inaugural cruises on may 21 & 28, 2006:cool:

Archived