Has anyone been offered an upgrade to Haven

TAYLORCPA

Yes, on the Gem two years ago. We had a mini suite. Our TA got the call and then called us. This was 3 days before the sailing date. It was for the The Haven Owner's Suite with Large Balcony. We said thanks but no, the price was pretty good but still close to $1000.00 more than our MS. It wasn't that important to us

We were offered an upgrade to haven owner's suite on the Jade from our aft penthouse suite. I think it was about a week or two out from the cruise and I believe they wanted another 1000.00. We said thanks but no thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our last cruise, the Epic, we got the surprising/elusive "Upgrade" call . . from a balcony to a Haven Family Two-Bedroom. The cost was reasonable (don't remember the exact $), so we did it. Almost wish we hadn't (LOL) - because now we're spoiled and have booked the same class for our cruise in November on the Jewel.

Also, from what I recall, you have to accept on the spot . . can't call back later and try to get the deal.

On an Eastern Med cruise on the Jade a few years ago. We were in a mini-suite with DW & I and two grandkids. Three or four days before sailing we got an email offer to upgrade to a two bedroom family suite in the Haven for $1000. When I called the cabin had already been taken, but we were offered a two bedroom family suite on deck 11 with full suite privileges for $600. We jumped on it.

Edited by old sole

In 2010 we got a call from the "Upsale Fairy" with a great price to move from our aft suite to a Garden Villa. It was a dream trip.

This wasn't an upsale offer but last year we noticed prices in The Haven had fallen substantially and moved from our aft suite to a 2bdr suite in The Haven for no extra cost.

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

I remember reading that someone booked last minute and booked a oceanview or balcony and when they got to the pier were notified they were upgraded to a garden villa no charge.

Wouldn't that be wonderful for us next month while checking in? hahahaha. We have a family ocean view booked.

On the Gem a few years ago, we met a family who had been visited by the upgrade fairy that moved them from a mini-suite to a 2BR Haven suite, supposedly for free. I was quite annoyed as we had a 2BR non-Haven suite and weren't offered the same upgrade. You think they could have made both parties happy.

Yes, several times - BUT not for free, had to pay for the upgrade, but to a much better price than usual Haven suite prices. Loved it! I also always watch the prices closely as we get close to the sailing date, and have done some bargains that way as well, and purchased an upgrade from a balcony or mini-suite to a suite for the listed online price, but because if price-drop the online rate was very good. :)

Edited by TrumpyNor

• 2 months later...
On the Gem a few years ago, we met a family who had been visited by the upgrade fairy that moved them from a mini-suite to a 2BR Haven suite, supposedly for free. I was quite annoyed as we had a 2BR non-Haven suite and weren't offered the same upgrade. You think they could have made both parties happy.

Annoyed? Really?

There were lots of other people that did not get an upgrade.

There was ONE cabin available. They spun the wheel and picked somebody.

Are you saying you were not happy with the cabin you booked?

I was just curious if anyone had been offered (either free or for a fee) an upgrade to a Haven suite after final payment had been made.

If so, what cabin was originally booked and how much did you pay for the upgrade?

Tomorrow I will be in the Haven! (Heaven for me! :)) Our upgraded Suite is located in The Haven.We sail tomorrow on the Breakaway! Second time -Thesuite has a separate living and dining area with floor-to-ceiling windows and 24-hour butler and concierge service. King-size bed with a luxury bath containing a bath tub and separate shower although we face the aft the exclusive key card access to the Courtyard area, restaurant, lounge, 24-hour butler and concierge service. makes for a king size bed, luxury bath with bathtub and separate shower, living area with double sofa bed, dining area and guest half bathroom. :)Bon Voyage Cruise Critic fans and I will see you soon!

came as a treat and only $420 total for the ugrade and excellent!

Hi folk's I must be confused isn't an upgrade free but if you pay more it's an up sell? When we booked was offered a Haven Suite for 35.00 more per person, but declined because this trip is about the cabin so left it alone. They called it an up sell?

Thanks for any clarification on this.

Hi folk's I must be confused isn't an upgrade free but if you pay more it's an up sell? When we booked was offered a Haven Suite for 35.00 more per person, but declined because this trip is about the cabin so left it alone. They called it an up sell?

When done by the cruise line, that is how the terms are mostly used here.

When a passenger themself wants to pay the price list difference for the higher category, it's called an upgrade too.