Who has actually read the book

TwoBadKnees

Old book; 16 years old. Read it a very long time ago. It's long. Buy it cheap; probably Amazon.

The cheapest used copies on Amazon are 1¢. Add the shipping fee and you can have them for an even $4.00. I read the reviews for the book and think I would skip it.:cool:

Edited by ar1950

The cheapest used copies on Amazon are 1¢. Add the shipping fee and you can have them for an even $4.00. I read the reviews for the book and think I would skip it.:cool:

I tend to agree with you even though I really don't remember much of it. Library doesn't have it and when they don't, it usually means not worthy of their $$ and space.

If you cruised or had any experience with the early days of cruising (no locks on the doors, small to non-existent cabins on converted ferries or ocean liners, "theme" nights), then it is an enjoyable read, in my opinion.

She was one of the few female cruise directors, and sort of got the job on a lark. If you find the post-"Love Boat" edition, how she got the idea to Aaron Spelling and how Princess came on board is interesting. Every other existing cruise line turned them down, and that almost killed the idea of a TV show (b/c they couldn't afford a ship!).

And, "Doc," was a real (lecherous) person.

I tend to agree with you even though I really don't remember much of it. Library doesn't have it and when they don't, it usually means not worthy of their $$ and space.

My library doesn't have Gavin McCloud's recent book This is Your Captain Speaking. Does this mean it is not worth reading?

My library doesn't have Gavin McCloud's recent book This is Your Captain Speaking. Does this mean it is not worth reading?

Your library might not have it, but mine does. And Gavin MacLeod's book was published less than a year ago, and the aforementioned 16 years ago. Gavin MacLeod is a known entity; the other author is not.

That being said, our library is very rich; our county spends a lot of money on libraries. Not every area does.

Your library might not have it, but mine does. And Gavin MacLeod's book was published less than a year ago, and the aforementioned 16 years ago. Gavin MacLeod is a known entity; the other author is not.

That being said, our library is very rich; our county spends a lot of money on libraries. Not every area does.

My guess is a library would either get the book in the first 6 months or won't unless Oprah mentions it or there is a movie made from it, etc...

Edited by Coral

My library has the book the OP is referring to.

You may want to check with your local library, OP - maybe you can read it for free!

Our library doesn't have the Gavin MacLeod book yet.....

Edited by sp2

I downloaded the Kindle version to read on a cruise earlier this year & enjoyed it. His Love Boat experience is only a part of his autobiography which I found interesting. Kindle allows you to download the first portion of any book for free to decide if you want to purchase the book.

Edited by Astro Flyer