Minor Changes to Suite Perks?

IECalCruiser

I have made the mistake of staying on shore on princess cay,

until close to the end of the day -- and had about an hour

wait for a tender. So, there are times that is would be necessary.

I agree.

We faced a line of more than an hour when returning to the ship in Cabo San Lucas and priority tickets would have been useful then.

Mike:)

We were on CB this month and were told our deck furniture would be replaced with new chairs, table etc.

We happened to be in our suite when they arrived. They are refurbished pieces newly stained and varnished. The smell of the varnish (it had not dried completely) was so bad I asked to have the "new" furniture removed. The hall on our deck was loaded with "new" deck furniture.

They are the same pieces and the cushions were not replaced.

I hope others had a better experience.

At least it is still teak and not the new blue/silver uncomfortable furniture.

• Old: Fresh flower arrangement
  • New: Fresh orchid in stateroom

I love the fresh flower arrangement and know my Mom appreciates it's very much... it makes her feel very special.

As I have done in the past... and you may think I'm nuts, but I am into the details! :rolleyes:

The morning we leave for port I run up to my neighborhood Stater Brothers and grab the arrangement I ordered from the flower cooler. I put it in a handled bag with a lovely Thank You note for the lovely cruise we are commencing to take and as soon as we get to our stateroom/suite I plop it down.

I do this instead of ordering because I AM CHEAP :cool: and I get a much more superior arrangements from my local florist than what I have gotten when ordered on ship. It is a minute hassle and one I gladly take!! It cracks me up every time because she never knows how I get it there! :confused:

Because it looks as though Princess has changed there full arrangement policy to a single orchid I will again be hitting my grocery store in the morning of the cruise!

(This only works when we leave from our neighboring ports of LA & San Pedro, and San Diego).

Great thread, very helpful!! Thank You!

• Old: Fresh flower arrangement
  • New: Fresh orchid in stateroom

I love the fresh flower arrangement and know my Mom appreciates it's very much... it makes her feel very special.

As I have done in the past... and you may think I'm nuts, but I am into the details! :rolleyes:

The morning we leave for port I run up to my neighborhood Stater Brothers and grab the arrangement I ordered from the flower cooler. I put it in a handled bag with a lovely Thank You note for the lovely cruise we are commencing to take and as soon as we get to our stateroom/suite I plop it down.

I do this instead of ordering because I AM CHEAP :cool: and I get a much more superior arrangements

Flowers must be cheaper in LA as I thought the cost for the Princess arrangement was quite reasonable.

Edited by Coral

It works really well to bring flowers on board In Seattle as I have purchased amazing bouquets at Pike Place market for $5!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you kluv2cruz!

It's not just LA that has beautiful bouquets and arrangements to offer for FAR LESS than Princess's cost of $40 and up!!

:p

Quote isn't working for me this morning. Anyway, I think that the issue is bringing flowers off the ship, not on, although it depends on the port. We have been able to bring flowers on to a Royal Caribbean ship in Hilo, HI, but not bananas (the ship had run out and we had 5 days at sea ahead of us in case you're wondering why we tried). We had asked about the flowers before we left the port, but forgot to ask about the fruit.

Have any ideas of good flower places close to port or hotels for San Francisco...that I will do if legal...wonderful idea..Sarah

The Ferry Building is near the new terminal (well, sort of near) and they have all kinds of stuff for sale in there. It's a good place to pick up some wine, and I think I saw a flower stand in there.

Have any ideas of good flower places close to port or hotels for San Francisco...that I will do if legal...wonderful idea..Sarah

Trader Joes and Safeway are both on Bay St, not too far from the port. You can get both flowers and wine at either place.

That is not the case, there is no priority for returning tenders. It is not necessary.

Well, here we are gathered in the cattle pens on the dock just waiting to be herded into the chute to be loaded onto the "reefer" (tender) for shipment out to the final destination! :p Oh wait! That is what we do here in Oklahoma when we ship cattle from one place to another, not what Princess does to it "paying passengers"! :eek::D

I guess that I got carried away by all of the previous comments.

We have always enjoyed out beautiful flowers in our suites and will miss them, but not enough to give up the "Suite Life"! ;):o

Edited by RetiredNTraveling

and how about near San Pedro? Or Long Beach? Here in AK, Costco has great roses. I always travel with a fold up portable vase so I can buy flowers in port if I find something really pretty.

There are Von's Grocery Stores with a floral dept relatively close to port. One in San Pedro (closest to cruise terminal) and one in Long Beach (other side of the Vincent Thomas Bridge).

It really depends where you are coming from that cruise morning. If you are flying in from AK that morning it may be a little more than you wish to deal with. :rolleyes: Something to consider. You know you time table.

But I suggest a peak at Vons website, view the location map and seek the nearest location for you that morning. vons.com

Von's

1221 S. Gaffey St.

San Pedro, CA 90731

Phone: 310-832-7063

---------------

Von's

600 E. Broadway

Long Beach, CA 90802

Store Phone: 562-491-1210

Here are just a couple of the many special bouquets for this week only 8/20-8/26 (Shown in FLORAL section of website).

This is just so you get an idea of what sort of quality is available, and might I add each for under $15.00! Now these sorts you will need a vase for. Arrangements will run a bit more because of the vase supplied. For that I do suggest to call ahead. Von's is also a great place to pick up any needed essentials, wine or what nots. It's a fine grocery chain!

Hope this helps. :)

Tap the little images and they will magically get bigger!! LOL ;)

The first one $14.99 and the second $12.99. A good value IMHO!

03_VON34_BASE_V1_V1PRE3069_WEB_IT-39--1.jpg.c4340948aaa05e1de995362ae903d6a7.jpg

03_VON34_BASE_V1_V1PRE3069_WEB_IT-38--1.jpg.3c3ae7eff1711e38cc9a832c21c938f3.jpg

Does anyone know if Princess is still offering dinning in one of their speciality restruants on embarkation night for dinner for suite passengers? The last few times we sailed in a suite they offer it for free on embarkation night?

Does anyone know if Princess is still offering dinning in one of their speciality restruants on embarkation night for dinner for suite passengers? The last few times we sailed in a suite they offer it for free on embarkation night?

Yes on cruises of 6 days or longer.

Mike:)

The description of the suite perks is not well written. It says "Priority embarkation and disembarkation at tender ports as well as private lounge at the conclusion of the cruise". They are describing three perks.

1. Priority embarkation

2. and disembarkation at tender ports

3. as well as private lounge at the conclusion of the cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Yup, that statement can be misleading. It was probably written that way on purpose!

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Just off Caribbean Princess November 11th. Furniture on balcony, table with 2 chairs, 2 loungers. Sabatini's breakfast menu full menu, if you go there. Room service menu expanded to include omelet. The only cabins to have room service on last day when all others must go to HC. Flower arrangement not orchid. Fruit basket included apples,oranges, kiwi, pears, grapes and strawberrys. DVD player with extensive list. High tea in room. Afternoon appetizers. Mini-van setup very plush bathrobes slippers, personalized stationary, business card holders 2 silver ballpoint pens. Upgraded bathroom amenities. Jucizzy bathtub separate shower toilet and sink in separate room. Modified walk-in closet 2 TV'S cabin steward can bring dinning room menus the day before. Hide-a- bed in living room drapes to close off bedroom. This was in penthouse suite. 7 night cruise could change on shorter cruise.