Minor Changes to Suite Perks?

IECalCruiser

LOL about the furniture. :) Still, it all seems just like more Princess being cheap. I wonder how many more things they can reduce or eliminate before they become a BYOB (bring your own bed) transportation service from Point A to Point B.

Please don't help them out with anymore ideas!:eek:;)

I just love it when the CSRs say that Princess no longer supplies luggage tags because they are being "green". So when I reply that they are being cheap because I have to use my paper, toner, tape, and staples, they are tongue tied. I remember when they used to send a nice folio of boarding documents many years ago.

Oh well will wait and see what our orchid plant will look like in January.

I don't know why they all just don't tell us the truth that it is all cost cutting rather than saying all the other rubbish they expect us to believe.

There are still plenty of nice things to look forward to though. I just hope nothing else is banished before we get a chance to experience the experience:) in October.

The little things are still there - personalized stationery...

We can't get Princess to spell our name correctly (the 3rd letter of our last name is also capitalized) despite repeated requests so the personalized stationery has only been used for shopping lists :D.

We can't get Princess to spell our name correctly (the 3rd letter of our last name is also capitalized) despite repeated requests so the personalized stationery has only been used for shopping lists :D.

We could do without the stationary if they had not trimmed so many other things.

One would have to be on a 21 day cruise at least in order for a recipient to receive any correspondence mailed from the ship.

Mike:)

We, too, missed the flower arrangement. Our orchid was pretty sickly on our first day. We kept knocking it over, and eventually killed it.. Nothing green or cost saving about that. The room steward removed it, and did not bring is a replacement. Our corsage and boutonnière were red carnations, and not a red rose as before. And the lone flower I'm the bathroom was a carnation, too. Pretty pathetic.. And as others wrote, out teak furniture was in a bad need of being refinished.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The canapes - the same ones night after night. On a long cruise, it gets really sickening so you don't bother ordering them after the first week.

The new flower arrangements look terrible.

The Royal's OS balcony furniture is a joke. First, the cushions were so stained with soot that I wouldn't sit on them without a towel. And the finish looked terrible - they certainly did not look like new furniture. And what is with only two chairs for the table - there use to be four in all our other suite balconies. - when there are three people in the cabin, how are you suppose to have a meal on the balcony - one has to sit on the lounger.

I agree with others that it is time to give us some free internet minutes.

I could go on and on

New: Fresh orchid in stateroom

How fresh could this orchid be if it is not replaced @ each new sailing??? Or are they trying to tell us that it is not artificial:eek:

Maybe on my Hawaii cruise I will break the orchid off & wear it in my hair @ dinner, so the new people after us will have that fresh orchid:D

Edited by Ronnieslady

I agree that Princess should again include some fee internet minutes with full suites. How about the same amount as the Platinum perk? It could even be per suite, but if it was in addition to any Platinum minutes it would be a nice addition.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I just love it when the CSRs say that Princess no longer supplies luggage tags because they are being "green". So when I reply that they are being cheap because I have to use my paper, toner, tape, and staples, they are tongue tied. I remember when they used to send a nice folio of boarding documents many years ago.

Since I'm a huge princess fan boy...

One aspect of their argument -- they used to send 6-8 luggage

tags to everyone. Some people might just need 1 or 2.

So, if people print only what they need, they are being a little green.

However, I doubt anyone would not think this change was

done as a cost reduction.

Sorry for the loss of perks. Fortunately or unfortunately for me I could never afford a suite so I won't know what I'm missing. If I ever could afford a suite Princess would be the last line of choice. Celebrity, NCL and Royal Caribbean seem to offer a better experience for suite guests. I'm just happy they updated the benefits on the website. When they stopped offering free internet it took them forever to remove it from the site and even after they removed it from the list of benefits they were still offering the benefit in the video portion of the room description.

Don't be silly.:) When they say green, they are referring to the green money that they are saving, not the environment.

Unlike Elite level getting priority tender boarding only to leave the ship, I read that Suites get priority for the tenders in BOTH directions - has that been your experience?

That has not been true for any of our cruises.

The suite tender benefits are the same as the Elites.

Unlike Elite level getting priority tender boarding only to leave the ship, I read that Suites get priority for the tenders in BOTH directions - has that been your experience?

That is not the case, there is no priority for returning tenders. It is not necessary.

The description of the suite perks is not well written. It says "Priority embarkation and disembarkation at tender ports as well as private lounge at the conclusion of the cruise". They are describing three perks.

1. Priority embarkation

2. and disembarkation at tender ports

3. as well as private lounge at the conclusion of the cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We were on CB this month and were told our deck furniture would be replaced with new chairs, table etc.

We happened to be in our suite when they arrived. They are refurbished pieces newly stained and varnished. The smell of the varnish (it had not dried completely) was so bad I asked to have the "new" furniture removed. The hall on our deck was loaded with "new" deck furniture.

They are the same pieces and the cushions were not replaced.

I hope others had a better experience.

Sorry the varnish was not dry when they delivered the furniture but that is standard procedure to refinish.

I wouldn't expect them to trash perfectly good teak as that stuff lasts almost forever if it is taken care of.

That is not the case, there is no priority for returning tenders. It is not necessary.

I have made the mistake of staying on shore on princess cay,

until close to the end of the day -- and had about an hour

wait for a tender. So, there are times that is would be necessary.