Martini Bar

MoyCoy

I have never sampled a martini. I will be participating in my first pub crawl with my roll call this September on the Solstice. Can anyone tell me what their favorite martini is and why?

Edited by MoyCoy

I rarely drink martinis, but if I do my favorite is a Dirty Vodka Martini. It has olive juice and olives - I am definitely a "salt person," so this one tastes pretty good to me.

I agree, because I too enjoy a dirty martini but it is kind of strong as a first choice. I would also suggest a lemon drop or if you like cranberry perhaps a cosmopolitan.

I like their Flirtini, the Appletini, the Chocolate Martini.

If you like things a certain way, they'll make it for you. I always like drinks sweet and they're good about customizing.

I remember when we used to call the same kinds of drinks "mixed drinks" and a martini was gin and vermouth and an olive. Now if it's served in a certain shaped glass they call it a martini.

FYI they can make other drinks or get them for you at the Martini Bar. I've had a pina colada there before.

I have never sampled a martini. I will be participating in my first pub crawl with my roll call this September on the Solstice. Can anyone tell me what their favorite martini is and why?

My favorite martini is a Grey Goose martini straight up with a twist. It's very smooth and one will do.

Enjoy your cruise!

Bombay Saphire, vermouth in and out, for me.

Interestingly, what we now call Martinis do not resemble the original martini; they are simply a cocktail that ends up in a Martini glass. That doesn't make them less enjoyable, in fact, if they were only made with gin and vermouth DW would never touch them.

DW would try a different one each evening.

Cheers:cool:

Espresso Martini and Chocolate Decadence (white chocolate) 2 of my faves...mmmmmmmm

Geez, now I'm salivating..........:p

And I've heard you MUST try the 20 yr martini in the Molecular Bar...famous! I can't wait!

Edited by BecciBoo

Espresso Martini and Chocolate Decadence (white chocolate) 2 of my faves...mmmmmmmm

And I've heard you MUST try the 20 yr martini in the Molecular Bar...famous! I can't wait!

Do you know what the 20yr martini is? Sounds interesting?

Becci, I will meet you in the Molecular:D:D:D

Bombay Saphire Martini just a little dirty...

Bombay Saphire is a king of gin owned by Barcardi. The flavouring of the drink comes from a recipe of ten ingredients (which the bottle's label boasts as "10 exotic botanicals"): almond, lemon peel, liquorice, juniper berries, orris root, angelica, coriander, cassia, cubeb, and grains of paradise. The spirit is triple distilled using a carterhead still, and the alcohol vapours are passed through a mesh/basket containing the ten botanicals, in order to gain flavour and aroma. This gives a lighter, more floral gin rather than the more-common 'punchy' gins that are distilled using a copper pot still.

Dennis & Sue

myticker.jpg

Edited by SC_Floaters
Addition data needed

Interestingly, what we now call Martinis do not resemble the original martini; they are simply a cocktail that ends up in a Martini glass. That doesn't make them less enjoyable, in fact, if they were only made with gin and vermouth DW would never touch them.

DW would try a different one each evening.

You can definitely put ME in that same category! :D

My stand by is "The French Martini":D but there are quite a few others on

the menu I enjoy as well......that Xpressotini is very good;)

If you like raspberry AND chocolate, just ask them for the French... with chocolate. How EASY is that?!

On some ships/in some bars they have a coffee grinder behind the bar and if you ask, they will grind some really awesome... really dark... really rich coffee beans... into a very fine powder to garnish the Xpressotinis :eek:

The Mudslide martini is also a close competitor to the Xpresso. ;)

Edited by teecee60

Pear martinis are good for your first go-- be carefull tho-- they creep up on you fast

My personal favorite is a slightly dirty Belvadere (vodka) martini up-- I prefer North Carolina dirty versus New Jersey dirty

My Dad's favorite though was a "Dickens Martini"-- What's that you say? No olive or twist

If you've never had a Martini you should be aware / cautious in that the pack quite a punch with their high alcohol content (many ounces not just a stardard 1-1/2 oz pour) and many use a combo of liqueurs.

The standard base ingredient in a Martini is Gin or Vodka.

A plain Martini will add to that Vermouth and a twist of lemon

A dirty Martini then Olives or a splash of Olive Juice (hence the term dirty)

Flavoured Martinis, which is a huge craze (and why Martini Bars came about) are fun, flavours come about as a result of added liquors / liqueurs or juices.

If you are new to the Martini Scene you might want to start with a Cosmopolitan... The drink that Sex In The City made famous.

A Cosmo is usually Vodka based and also include Triple Sec, Cranberry Juice and a Splash of Lime

The Martini Bar on Celebrity Ships makes a long list of exotic Martinis... Some of the faves I had in addition to the Cosmo, was The Sostice, a Firtini, and a Chocolate one

Just be aware that they go down easy... And pack a punch. And cause they are high alcohol content and have a lot of sugary ingredients (liqueurs, juice, chocolate etc) they can really dehydrate you nd give you a hangover the next day.

Fun, but it can have a price.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB