drink package?

abbypa

if u purchase just one drink package,how does rccl know if you share the package between 2 people? just curious. thank you

There's a 15 minute time limit between drinks....and I'm sure someone watches from somewhere, and it's not allowed. It's tempting I'm sure, but it's wrong.

if u purchase just one drink package,how does rccl know if you share the package between 2 people? just curious. thank you

Royal also monitors this website. They have the ability to correlate your Cruise Critic name with your booking. By now, they have marked your booking so that whenever you get a drink, security will be automatically notified to perform extra surveillance.

The person with the "package" will have it notated on their sea pass. They will be limited to a timeframe for "refills"....the folks who work on the ship are VERY observant. If you are sharing, they will know. Each package is for the person who's sea pass is linked to it.

If you are caught sharing, you can be thrown off the ship. Basically, it's stealing...thievery...fraud...

i personaly would not do it but i was wondering if anyone has ever done it. i was thinking of college age kids have tried it . my daughters bf thought she could do it and i told her not a good idea but she just laughed at me i quess she wont be laughing now that i was right:eek:

There's a 15 minute time limit between drinks....and I'm sure someone watches from somewhere, and it's not allowed. It's tempting I'm sure, but it's wrong.

Only the soda cups had a time limit. It comes down to you being honest, and the crew to see if you are sharing.

Royal also monitors this website. They have the ability to correlate your Cruise Critic name with your booking. By now, they have marked your booking so that whenever you get a drink, security will be automatically notified to perform extra surveillance.

hehehe :cool:

Ok, here's an actual response:

I had dinner with the Revenue Manager a few weeks ago. I asked him how they managed this situation.

He basically said: training training training.

The bartenders and the servers are trained how to be vigilant and what to watch for.

Because of this training, they are expected to be able to control the situation, i.e., prevent cheating.

As a result of that, if they don't, it can jeopardize their jobs.

Tell your daughter THAT.

We were in a suite, and I like a drink or two in the CL before dinner, that makes me happy.

Cannot drink in the sun........or else I would go to sleep even after just one drink.

Do not enjoy night caps, just not me.

I get the soda package and DH gets the drink package.

On our last Allure cruise he was able to try different drinks some he liked some he said he would never try again because he did not like the taste (at home he usually has 1-2 beers a year, and when we go out to dinner gets a glass of wine or frozen daquiri).

DH was able to try a new drink a day.

And he kept track.

Daily he would get............3 to 4 daquiris, 1-2 glasses of wine, and an evening wine or daquiri.

He tried some specialty drinks, maybe 2-3 a day, and usually just wasted them.

If it were not for the drink package he would have wasted a lot of money.

For me, he did offer to get me "a" drink on his package, but I was happy with all the C & A parties and CL that I never got one.

Next year, probably wont again.

Guilt, maybe, but just not me.

Safe travels.

Would you prefer an opinion on that or the facts on that?

If it's an opinion you want, then my opinion is that you shouldn't try, and the general consensus here is no, it's not possible. Though you will find posts here from the odd person or two saying they have seen it happen and lightning did not strike the miscreant sharer on the spot. (not sure if that was a fact or an opinion though, however I am sure a lightning strike on a cruise ship would have been reported in the media, so I guess that part, at least, was a fact) :rolleyes:

If it's the facts you want, well then I will leave that to the factualiser, she knows it all without being obnoxious or the need to resort to opinions. :D

Edited by basilisk43

Both my husband and I had the drink package on the Allure in March, there was not a time limit between drinks. We went to several bars and had multiple shots in the fifteen minute time slot, all covered by the drink package. Back to your question though, I would not attempt to share a drink package, the bartenders are trained to watch what is going on. When we sat at the bar they were watching several cruisers that were more then likely attempting to share a package.

i didnt mean to offend anyone and im sorry that i did. i thought it was a reasonable question. i was curious on behalf of my daughter. moms always look out for their children regardless on how old they get. thank you for all your information and not being judgemental.

Your question is NOT offensive. One of the key elements is that if one person in a cabin buys the package, the roommate, spouse or significant other (covering all PC bases) and is of leagal drinking age, they too must buy the package...thus preventing and getting around the program.

Your question is NOT offensive. One of the key elements is that if one person in a cabin buys the package, the roommate, spouse or significant other (covering all PC bases) and is of leagal drinking age, they too must buy the package...thus preventing and getting around the program.

This is not the case with Royal, since Nov 2013. No requirement for all in a stateroom to purchase a package.