I do this every time!

sharkaymon

I'm refusing to get out the suit cases, we are still 21 days out BUT I have checked my cruise folder a million times!:eek: Yes, my passport and BC are still there. Yes, my printouts for cruise, hotel and flights are still there. Yes, I have put the folder in a safe place where I won't forget it.:roll eyes:

Now Cruise Critic is a daily visit!

Does anyone else do this?

I don't get out suitcases that early but I do start laying out clothes on the bed in our spare room to help me start deciding about what to pack.

Not sure why you bring both passport and Birth Certificate since the passport is all you need but yes I check mine to make sure it has not expired.

I've been visiting CC daily for longer than 21 days out!!

I'm 96 days out and I already have my suit cases out with stuff already packed in them 😳 but I'm behind on my paperwork. Trying to get on track to apply for both of my sons passports!! Guess I did it backwards!! Haha I'm too excited tho!

Carnival Fascination Honeymoon November 2012

Carnival Sunshine to come November 30, 2014

I'm refusing to get out the suit cases, we are still 21 days out BUT I have checked my cruise folder a million times!:eek: Yes, my passport and BC are still there. Yes, my printouts for cruise, hotel and flights are still there. Yes, I have put the folder in a safe place where I won't forget it.:roll eyes:

Now Cruise Critic is a daily visit!

Does anyone else do this?

I don't pack until almost time to go otherwise I forget what I put in the suitcase and have to unpack it and repack it anyway. Lol! But yes, I do recheck documents more than once to make sure everything is in order. Funny stuff, isn't it?? It is a lot to keep up with. I don't breathe a sigh of relief until I'm on the Lido deck.

Oh yes I do the same thing. My husband is a chronic forgetter so I have started packing for him because he just can't remember important things. So I will have him lay out clothes he wants and I take care of the rest. I end up starting a little bit early given the fact that I have 2 people to pack for and not just me. But the documents do come out quite early because I want to make sure I have the time to take care of a problem if there is one.

I don't actually pack but I'm a spreadsheet nerd so I make complicated color coded spreadsheets. I use a separate tag for each piece of luggage/purse/briefcase/laptop bag/carry on...or whatever, for both my husband and me. Then I list every single thing from socks to undies to elegant wear to kindle....anyway you get the idea. Then I color code it by it's current status, is it something we won't use between now and the cruise so it's already packed, is it something that would be impossible to go on the cruise without (passports, etc.), is it something I need to buy....making the spreadsheet is half the fun, but it does keep me organized. I also print it and take it with me, so when we get to the port and my husband asks where his blue shirt is, I can tell him....LOL....of course we've only done one cruise in the past 10 years, and that was our wedding cruise so I had to be VERY organized for that.

I don't get out suitcases that early but I do start laying out clothes on the bed in our spare room to help me start deciding about what to pack.

Not sure why you bring both passport and Birth Certificate since the passport is all you need but yes I check mine to make sure it has not expired.

I've been visiting CC daily for longer than 21 days out!!

Thanks for the heads up on the BC! I don't want to take any more than I have to.:D

The planning and list making is all part of the FUN!! It increases the excitement and anticipation level and helps me to pass the days until we sail. Making hotel reservations and planning the road trip are all part of the cycle. Of course checking for price drops and upgrades and a daily visit to CC is all part of the plan as well.

I make lists and refer to lists of past cruises as well......this is a sad but exciting life being addicted to cruises.......

Only 146 days until NO and the Elation!!!!!!! (where's my list)

I usually pack the night before I leave for the port. My wardrobe is not so extensive that I can pack for the cruise and still have things to wear the rest of the time!

I do have my folder full of docs here at the office which contains everything about everything (flights, pre-cruise hotel res, boarding pass, the other cruise docs, excursion confirmations, any emails between me and anyone else regarding anything to do with the cruise). About a week prior to sailing, I'll get my luggage tags ready and then take it all home.

That evening, when I enter the house, I'll turn around immediately and put my post-it note on the inside of the front door where I have to look at it every time I leave.

It says: TICKETS!! MONEY!! PASSPORT!!

Can you say, PROCRASTINATOR? :D:D

I pull the suitcases out the night before, and go to town:eek: Just wing it.

I despise packing.

HOWEVER, I am ANAL about my "folder":o

I go through it everyday and make sure everything is still there.:D

I'm an early organizer, my husband is not. He's the last minute type. This is my husband's and my first MAJOR trip together (aside from our wedding, which was a whole other set of special planning things, lol). I was the one who started researching cruises and making lists to show him what was available in our price range and time of year we wanted to go.

We are about 6 months out, and I've already made sure to get all the online stuff filled out (except for passports). I'm kind of shocked he agreed to go to the passport office this morning to apply for his, because when he looked at the website it said 6 weeks processing, so we have more than enough time!

I'm a list maker, I will have a list going of stuff to bring by about 2 months before the trip, but I won't actually pull out the suitcases until about 2 weeks before we go. His will sit there empty until the morning we leave, it does every time we go on little trips.

I have a pile on my spare bed going on since about a month out but don't physically start packing until the night before. I have most of my cruise documents ready to go already. Never had an upgrade in 13 cruises so I print out those luggage tags way ahead of time

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We don't typically get our suitcases out until about two or three days ahead of time. Like NCTribeFan, our wardrobe isn't so extensive either. I've only got so many socks, shirts, etc. We have a passport wallet where we keep all of our travel docs. together. My DW puts everything in order of need/usage. Airplane tickets/boarding passes, cruise docs., pre-paid excursion receipts, etc. I print out our cruise docs. and luggage tags the day before, and double-check to make sure all information is correct. I've also learned to check our e-mail one last time the day before leaving to make sure there hasn't been any changes to our departing flight. Last year, our flight time was moved up 1/2 hour earlier. Good thing I checked, or we would have been running like race horses through the airport.:eek::D

I always wait until a few days before to print docs and luggage tags. Every time I do it early I end up having to reprint because of an upgrade.

Now I know how to get an upgrade......I'm off to print my documents very early:)

I always wait until a few days before to print docs and luggage tags. Every time I do it early I end up having to reprint because of an upgrade.

Well, I am printing my docs tonight...just to get an upgrade!!!!!

LOL

I make a list of things that I'm worried I'll forget or are very important. As I purchase items for the cruise, I'll put things into a canvas bag and leave it in my closet. I'll pull out the suitcases about a week before and start packing.

I don't make a clothes list until closer to the cruise date. I'll make a clothes list for myself and one for my husband since I pack for both of us and my husband is not the best packer!

This year when we put our summer clothes into storage, we'll put our "must pack" items on the spare bed so we don't need to put them away only to take them out a few weeks later.