Don't want quantum

I am anxious to try the new arm bands, especially if they are removable. My DH is always carrying my seapass card as I do not like to carry a purse around & I don't always have pockets. It may really come in handy when you just want to roam the ship without carrying anything with you.

Sounds interesting!

I'm with you! Carrying around a small card was a nuisance when I was wearing a dress with no pockets. Plus I kept wiping my card because its small and flat so ends up nestling quite tidily up against my smartphone. DOH! I'll be at WDW and then on a Disney cruise this Dec and am looking forward to giving the Magic Bands a try.

I don't mind wearing a band - my self esteem isn't wrapped up in my diamond and gold jewellery (how many times has she had to make sure we were aware of this?). Personally I prefer buying houses over gaudy baubles and I find those are terribly inconvenient to wear round my wrist!

key point from all this is ...

IT IS OPTIONAL!!!

I read that they going to make passengers wear wristbands, they can also keep track to you, what you do, etc. I don't want to wear a wristband I am not a child I like the key card and prefer that!! I also don't want a robotic bartender either, but the question is if a robotic bartender serves you a drink I would have to say the robot doesn't deserve a tip!!

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Quantum-to-use-wrist-bands-instead-of-key-cards/?a=cruise&cid=eltrcruise

Really???

:) That's awesome!!

Seriously though, does anyone know if the wristband is optional or not? Haven't seen anyone say if it was. :eek::D

The wristband is optional, I know it's been mentioned plenty with the associated cost of the band as well

:) That's awesome!!

Seriously though, does anyone know if the wristband is optional or not? Haven't seen anyone say if it was. :eek::D

Yes as a matter of fact there is a cost to have one. Have heard about $2 each.

I don't mind wearing a band - my self esteem isn't wrapped up in my diamond and gold jewellery (how many times has she had to make sure we were aware of this?). Personally I prefer buying houses over gaudy baubles and I find those are terribly inconvenient to wear round my wrist!

key point from all this is ...

IT IS OPTIONAL!!!

Best. Post. Ever.

Edited by Jenhem31

What really bothers me is having to wear this ugly big blue thing on my wrist, I don't want to see that on myself each and every minute, this is my issue its not the tracking really because honestly, for children I think its a great idea but for adults to me its childish wearing this plastic contraction around my wrist, I want the sea pass. :)

I am sure they will let you glue some nice Bling on it! Just make sure to pack some super glue, rhinestones (or diamonds) and a little glitter and you will be in style:rolleyes:. One of the videos says it is waterproof rubber, much better than plastic!! icon14.gif

Oh, that's what I saw posted on another thread. They said that was from the reveal. I thought $2 per person per day was a bit steep.

That would be crazy to charge per day, it was discussed on Facebook on Monday and one of the people was able to get the info on the band

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by Brian131489

Oh good. Another thread complaining about things that no one has experienced yet. Here's how these go: "Grrrr!!! Change bad!!! Me no like anything different! Grrr!!! RCI greedy! Grrr! No like change!!!!"

Yeah, we get it. Quantum and everything about it sucks. In fact, the entire company is completely imploding before our eyes....

Good another thread complaining about someone who has a different opinion.Here how it goes' me no like people who have a different opinion then me.They be wrong. Change is not always a good thing.

Edited by caribbean sailor

Good another thread complaining about someone who has a different opinion.Here how it goes' me no like people who have a different opinion then me.They be wrong. Change is not always a good thing.

The thing is: what the OP is complaining about isn't actually a change. It's an additional service and it's optional.

jayblue RCCL cruiser

If they are testing this thing out which means they have done marketing studies and tested this device thoroughly and they are using this device its only time when it will be mandatory. They are not going to waste their time and money on the studies, tests and producing this product for nothing, mark my word it be mandatory asap. I do find it odd though how they chose this particular ship to have it first, perhaps something to do with the currency and language issues that they will have to deal with and just trying to avoid those problems???

You are actually being completely ridiculous. Honestly. It is optional. There is no indication these will ever be mandatory. IMHO the purpose of a device like this is to mediate the lines of people at the front desk because they lost their seapass card, locked their seapass card in their stateroom, dropped their seapass overboard, etc. It is simply taking the 'punch a hole in seapass and attach a lanyard/wristband' idea and making it a little more convenient now that technology has evolved to permit such. Not everyone currently marches down to the front desk to get the hole punch and lanyard either, but there are many that do, and I would imagine those folks would be among the many who would benefit from and appreciate this product.

Also I have no idea where you got the idea they are "testing this thing out" or that "they have done marketing studies". This is not that big of an idea. You don't need to do a study to realize that there are people who will find this convenient, and that many parents will want their child to wear them. At $2, this isn't a profit generating item; it is a convenience item. Rest assured, RCI is not spending one penny on "marketing studies" for any product that will not pay back 1000%, particularly after the major corporate turnover in 2012/2013. Most certainly, they are not "testing" this. It is a done deal and will likely spread to other ships if and when they are retrofitted with RFID technology.

I would not be worried that wearing a wristband will ever be mandatory. That wouldn't be enforceable. At most, they might make it free and issue them by default at check in, and give you the option to have the seapass and no wristband should you so prefer (also for free).

You have seriously called 3+ times just to and ask questions about these optional wrist bands? Yikes.

LOL:rolleyes:

Edited by compuryan

What really bothers me is having to wear this ugly big blue thing on my wrist, I don't want to see that on myself each and every minute, this is my issue its not the tracking really because honestly, for children I think its a great idea but for adults to me its childish wearing this plastic contraction around my wrist, I want the sea pass. :)

I suggest going with another cruise line, wasting time to post something that no one(unless you have been to Disney) has even tried yet. It's called technology, it has become a way of life unless you live on some remote island.