Don't want quantum

I am 61 years old and just viewed the video on the Quantum. The wrist bands are not a big deal to me; however, the thing I hate to see is the extreme availability of all of the "electronics"....

I'm 15 years behind you but share your view. Aside from the unfortunate but necessary remote login to the office (the deal is they do not gripe for me being unreachable, if I can log in and process Internet Sales orders remotely... which basically would take longer than the Cruise Countdown to properly educate a substitute) and occasional checks of the e-mail. I Facebook but not when I'm out as that's essentially posting "We're in the middle of the ocean, come 'n get it!!!" But the appeal of ordering via touchscreen, tablet, iPad, whatever... just someone please let me interact with some actual Humans.

Besides, the copy/fax/print mega machine at the office took a dive today. Mayhem ensued.:eek:

I'd just like to point out that most of the people having a heart attack over this are slowly reaching the age where cruising on HAL is looking like their only option.

I think we'll be fine.

Fine we will be but I am a long way from HAL. I wear surf trunks all day on the ship with velcro secured pockets. I don't want nor need to wear their bracelet. In 18 or so cruises I nor my wife or children have ever lost a seapass card that I can remember.

I read that they going to make passengers wear wristbands, they can also keep track to you, what you do, etc. I don't want to wear a wristband I am not a child I like the key card and prefer that!! I also don't want a robotic bartender either, but the question is if a robotic bartender serves you a drink I would have to say the robot doesn't deserve a tip!!

With you there! I was not a fan of going on Quantam to begin with, but now, even less so. I do not want to wear some bulking ugly wrist band - how is that going to look when you go to dinner with nice diamond bracelets!!!! Same with the robot bartenders. I want a human being serving my drink. You know with robots there won't be one drop more than is allowed for a drink and zero social interaction. I am all for technology but this is carrying it too far.

Those are mandatory (I think). They serve a different purpose - to indicate to the staff which muster station the child should be take to in the event of an emergency (to be with their parents).

If people wanted to connect with the sea and disconnect from the world, Windjammer would still be operating

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I totally agree with you, I don't want a colored ugly plastic device on my wrist all the time, I like to wear beautiful jewelry and want to see it on my wrist and not hidden from this ugly device, and I don't want to wear this bulky thing on my wrist....I want to disconnect from the technology myself and want to interact with PEOPLE, I don't want a robot to serve me my drink I want a person to serve me and be able to interact with him/her. I been on 53 cruises so far and none of us ever lost a sea pass.

Edited by lyndamr

I totally agree with you, I don't want a colored ugly plastic device on my wrist all the time, I like to wear beautiful jewelry and want to see it on my wrist and not hidden from this ugly device, and I don't want to wear this bulky thing on my wrist....I want to disconnect from the technology myself and want to interact with PEOPLE, I don't want a robot to serve me my drink I want a person to serve me and be able to interact with him/her. I been on 53 cruises so far and none of us ever lost a sea pass.

Concerned that you are pretty much ignoring all the replies you are getting, and are still going on about this on Page 5. We know you are a veteran cruiser. :) The wrist band is optional - you don't ever have to wear one. OK? Please? :D It might be good to say thank you to all the people who have mentioned this. If I was worried about something and many people told me I didn't have to be, I'd say thanks for setting my mind at ease, and move along. :)

Concerned that you are pretty much ignoring all the replies you are getting, and are still going on about this on Page 5. We know you are a veteran cruiser. :) The wrist band is optional - you don't ever have to wear one. OK? Please? :D It might be good to say thank you to all the people who have mentioned this. If I was worried about something and many people told me I didn't have to be, I'd say thanks for setting my mind at ease, and move along. :)

Optional NOW. What about in three years? This is likely the future for any of us cruising though I really do not understand how besides tracking where you might be this benefits the cruise line. I long ago completely dropped the belief rccl gave two farts and a grunt about what I thought of their product.

I highly doubt people expressing their opinions on the subject are truly worried about it.

They are expressing their opinions.

Its optional now but like the alcohol programs that rolled out in one ship it went to two, three and all of them, the same will happen with these bands.

I have said in other posts that I realize its optional now but down the road it won't be they not going to go out of their way having this on this ship to only fail they have plans to roll it out in all its ships eventually.

I don't care if they can track me I have nothing to hide but wearing this ugly plastic thing all day and night just won't happen for me.

wayne_trisha thank you, I am expressing my concerns and opinions you understand why I posted this and thank you.

Its optional now but like the alcohol programs that rolled out in one ship it went to two, three and all of them, the same will happen with these bands.

I have said in other posts that I realize its optional now but down the road it won't be they not going to go out of their way having this on this ship to only fail they have plans to roll it out in all its ships eventually.

I don't care if they can track me I have nothing to hide but wearing this ugly plastic thing all day and night just won't happen for me.

wayne_trisha thank you, I am expressing my concerns and opinions you understand why I posted this and thank you.

And on which ship are you forced to buy an alcohol package ?

if its optional now, it will be mandatory later if it works..

You can't say that. You don't know this

Some people could have allergies and lots of other issues also

How about we all calm and give things a chance before laying into it as bad

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cruise Junky you didn't get my point...my point is that the alcohol program started out on one ship then it went to the others, what I am saying is these bracelets will be doing the same starting out on the quantum and will be on other ships or all their ships down the road. I only hope we have the choice to choose it or not just like we have the choice to choose a drink package or not, by the way, I am so pleased that cruise lines have given us the drink packages, but wearing this device I never be pleased about.

Since the ship is headed to China you probably won't have to worry about any of this too much ....
Hi Peter I thought of that one too and it came to my mind perhaps this could be a reason why they putting these bands on this ship, maybe something to do with currency issues?

Yup, you nailed that one, RCI are worried that Chinese currency will stick to SeaPass cards, so they have opted for the Wrist Bands which are coated with teflon so the Chinese money wont stick to them. :rolleyes:

By the way, despite what you read here, the Bands are mandatory and permanent (for life - just like a tattoo) That's why RCI are charging $2 for them, they are not recyclable - unless you cut your wrist off.

What surprises me (probably shouldn't:rolleyes:), is the fact that they are "nickel and diming" people a couple of bucks, that are already spending thousands on their cruise to try out this new technology....

As for the wristbands themselves, I believe that they will probably always be optional over the seacard. I think they may be handy mainly for those swimming or otherwise participating in activities where one does not carry a wallet or purse. Or issued to children that may tend to lose a seacard.

Perhaps, if the bands were reduced in size to more like a thick rubber band, they would be more acceptable...

Oh my they can track your position! Wow can you imagine, just think of it.

On the ship

On the ship

On the ship

On the ship

On the ship

Just think of it, now they will know if you aren't on the ship.

If it wasn't so late here, I would be howling with laughter.

Seriously, RCI is picking up on a trend that apparently has been working for Disney on their ships and in their resorts. A friend of mine was on a Disney cruise earlier this year and was amazed at all that little wristband could do.

jayblue RCCL cruiser

I wonder if you can just put it in a pocket or handbag? Nobody knows.

Absolutely not! It must be worn on the wrist and visible against the orange jumpsuits we'll all be required to wear while inside our cells...I mean staterooms.

This post, and some of the replies is the funniest I've seen since joining a few months ago.

jayblue RCCL cruiser