Don't want quantum

Good thing that they don't force everyone to go on a cruise, then.

Easiest solution of all time- don't want quantum? Then don't book it.

Done, solved your problem.

Man that was easy.

What's next?

Wait, I don't see this listed on your trips. So you are worried about an optional thing on a ship that you are not booked on.

Ok- got it.

It seems that this is not the case since the whole fleet looks to get quantumfied. I'll be changing cruise lines when this happens. Any suggestions?

It seems that this is not the case since the whole fleet looks to get quantumfied. I'll be changing cruise lines when this happens. Any suggestions?

How about a rubber boat in your backyard's child pool ? That way you can be sure that there is no monitoring at all other than the one of your neighbours and potentially your wife about your beer count of the day :cool:

Yes of course, first because each one didn't know the answer, haven't you called airlines or hotels to make reservations but every time you call you get a different rate? There are good workers out there and not good workers, some help you more than others. It happens to be the third person I spoke to put in a ticket to the headquarters with my question and told me to call back in a few days they probably have the answer....it took three calls to finally have a worker that put in the question to corporate.

You do realize that the Card itself is going to have RFID, so they would still be able to track you.

Yup, you nailed that one, RCI are worried that Chinese currency will stick to SeaPass cards, so they have opted for the Wrist Bands which are coated with teflon so the Chinese money wont stick to them. :rolleyes:

By the way, despite what you read here, the Bands are mandatory and permanent (for life - just like a tattoo) That's why RCI are charging $2 for them, they are not recyclable - unless you cut your wrist off.

You forgot to mention that in addition to the $2 fee for the band, the knife to remove it will be charged to you at $1.17 per unit. You may need more than one as they will be plastic ( hence the small charge) and not very sharp, would not want any of the renegade wrist band wearers to commit suicide over the band issue.

With regards to all the tinfoil hat wearers thinking that RCI will be able to track you through the wristbands - The bands will likely be high-frequency RFID, not battery powered therefore only have a range of a couple of feet at the very best. They most certainly will not be able to pinpoint your position.

This means that even if they wanted to, and they don't really have any reason to at all, they would only be able to track you based on where you scanned the band, so for example when you buy a drink. The data they have is no different from using the SeaPass cards. They already use the SeaPass data to see how popular different venues are anyway. That is how they develop new ships, by studying passenger flow.

And besides, why would it matter even if they did have the ability to properly track you? It's a 300m long ship, if you have a problem with people knowing where you are you shouldn't be choosing a damn cruise for a holiday. By definition it is a very enclosed environment.

Another point to mention also is that the cards will have the RFID chips too. Having the old barcode type of cards would mean having two systems for everything, and that isn't going to happen.

Edited by littlesteelo

With you there! I was not a fan of going on Quantam to begin with, but now, even less so. I do not want to wear some bulking ugly wrist band - how is that going to look when you go to dinner with nice diamond bracelets!!!! Same with the robot bartenders. I want a human being serving my drink. You know with robots there won't be one drop more than is allowed for a drink and zero social interaction. I am all for technology but this is carrying it too far.

Did you notice that the wristbands are optional?

With regards to all the tinfoil hat wearers thinking that RCI will be able to track you through the wristbands - The bands will likely be high-frequency RFID, not battery powered therefore only have a range of a couple of feet at the very best. They most certainly will not be able to pinpoint your position.

You don't know that for sure. Disney's MagicBand (which Royal Caribbean is knocking off here) contains both a passive short range RFID antenna and an active antenna powered by an onboard non-replaceable battery. Disney can track them from 100+ feet away.

Not that I care, to be clear. I'm just saying.

leisuretraveller223- I wear my gold bracelets and diamonds on them, I do not want a wrist band around my wrist that is plastic/paper!! I don't think everything on the Quantum as you put it "sucks"....I love the dining plans! This past May we were on the Allure and not once did we have dinner in the MDR, but we enjoyed going to all the specialty dining. I love the idea of the Quantum having five restaurants and us choosing where we want to have dinner, great idea RC!!

I JUST CALLED RC YES, THE WRIST BANDS ARE OPTIONAL thank goodness!!

And conversely as much as you love the Dynamic Dinning concept, there are probably an equal number of people as opposed to Dynamic Dinning as you are about the wristbands.....

I'm pretty sure that the band has some additional capabilities too...

It will be able to detect when you have the norovirus and will turn green signalling everyone you need to be quarantined to your room.

Also it will detect when your BAC level is too high and will turn red so that bar tenders will know not to serve you anymore.

I think it flashes if you are still ashore and the ship is about to leave without you.

Good thing they are making these mandatory to wear. :p

~Julie

I'm pretty sure that the band has some additional capabilities too...

It will be able to detect when you have the norovirus and will turn green signalling everyone you need to be quarantined to your room.

Also it will detect when your BAC level is too high and will turn red so that bar tenders will know not to serve you anymore.

I think it flashes if you are still ashore and the ship is about to leave without you.

Good thing they are making these mandatory to wear. :p

~Julie

I'm waiting for them to add the feature that removes towels from the loungers by the pool. That, or the feature that turns off all sound when they try to sell me products in the spa.

jayblue RCCL cruiser

This thread is some of the funniest stuff I've read in a long time! We'll find out how the wrist bands and the rest of the Quantum works in 62 days. I'll probably get one for the times I'm workng out or have no pockets but maybe I'll keep it under a tinfoil hat. ;)

If you take the time to view the video you will see the wrist ban is just like a belt it has a buckle, take it off, put in on or lose it no big deal. Everyone that doesn't like the wrist band, are you even booked on the "Q"?

Take a deep breath.....feel better?

:p

I am anxious to try the new arm bands, especially if they are removable. My DH is always carrying my seapass card as I do not like to carry a purse around & I don't always have pockets. It may really come in handy when you just want to roam the ship without carrying anything with you.

Sounds interesting!