Gator-Aide type beverages

If you're sailing on a ship that has the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines, you can get Powerade in a variety of flavors from the machine. The machines are only available if you purchase one of the unlimited beverage packages.

Gatorade is just water, sugar, salt and potassium. They have water, sugar and salt aboard. You can always bring potassium supplements if you are low in potassium. You can get them in the vitamin aisle at any drug store. If you just take a potassium supplement, with something salty, you can get the same effect without all the sugar.

I recently posted a few pictures from my Majesty cruise and included a close up of the front of the beverage machine with all the flavors, including Powerade. I would assume the selection is fairly typical across the fleet.

http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/mattinfll/library/Majesty81514

True Matt, except that these machines are only available on 8 ships I think currently. Off the top of my head, Majesty, Oasis, Allure, Jewel, Explorer, Freedom, Grandeur, and Enchantment. I presume Anthem and Quantum will have them as well.

Denise

I presume Anthem and Quantum will have them as well.

That's not necessarily true. Royal Caribbean has installed the Freestyle machines only on ships that are in the US year-round. Since Quantum of the Seas is going to China and Anthem of the Seas will be spending some time sailing out of Southampton, they might not get Freestyle machines.

That's not necessarily true. Royal Caribbean has installed the Freestyle machines only on ships that are in the US year-round. Since Quantum of the Seas is going to China and Anthem of the Seas will be spending some time sailing out of Southampton, they might not get Freestyle machines.

You are absolutely right. I was just speculating there. I did see a freestyle machine in an artist's rendering of Quantum quite sometime ago though. Perhaps before she was slated to go to China.

Denise:o

OP is obviously planning on lots of drinking and sex, enjoy yourself! Bring powdered Gatorade.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree on the powdered.

I just toss the individual packets in our travel med bag (for any trip)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that's what I get for assuming :) I had Ultimate but never even unwrapped the special cup. I was impressed by the machines and selection though. Too bad they are so married to Coke products across the board. Would have liked A&W root beer. But I digress...

Gatorade is just water, sugar, salt and potassium. They have water, sugar and salt aboard. You can always bring potassium supplements if you are low in potassium. You can get them in the vitamin aisle at any drug store. If you just take a potassium supplement, with something salty, you can get the same effect without all the sugar.

G2 is no sugar BTW

Thanks to all who replied.

Yes, we are on the Legend, so no freestyle machines.

Definitely not a lot of drinking, As to the other, . . .;)

I never knew it came in powdered form. It's just that DH perspires a lot and we are doing the southern Caribbean near then end of February. Last March, we really felt the heat on our Bahamas cruise so I thought it would be well to be prepared.

Kathy

Thanks to all who replied.

Yes, we are on the Legend, so no freestyle machines.

Definitely not a lot of drinking, As to the other, . . .;)

I never knew it came in powdered form. It's just that DH perspires a lot and we are doing the southern Caribbean near then end of February. Last March, we really felt the heat on our Bahamas cruise so I thought it would be well to be prepared.

Kathy

I'm very affected by sun and heat, and have learned that a pack of salty chips or pretzels and a can of original red coke works wonders when I start to wilt. For me, it's better than gatorade/powerade. Plus, chips and coke are easy to find anywhere.