Dynamic Dining Officially announced on Oasis

Im curious .. on the ships like Oasis, Freedom, etc that have tradition MDRs ... are they re-constructing these MDRs into smaller restaurants to accommodate this DD concept?

Im curious how theyre handling this on the existing ships.

No details have been publically revealed.

We chose the 8 day cruise on Indy, departing on Valentine's Day, because it allowed DH to use one less day of vacation, since Monday is the President's Day Holiday, and he is off from work.

Its an Eastern Itinerary, that actually has ports a little bit more southern than usual.....so it intrigued us as well.

That's also the one we are considering! A pretty unique itinerary and we like being able to visit St. Kitts on a cruise leaving from Florida.

Am I the only one who believes that this announcement would not be made first and foremost on Twitter? But then, I wouldn't have guessed there would be an 8-page thread already based on a Twitter "announcement," so what do I know?! :confused: :eek:

Am I the only one who believes that this announcement would not be made first and foremost on Twitter? But then, I wouldn't have guessed there would be an 8-page thread already based on a Twitter "announcement," so what do I know?! :confused: :eek:

Unless someone has hijacked both of RCs official twitter feeds, that's exactly what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless someone has hijacked both of RCs official twitter feeds, that's exactly what happened.

Yeah, I just wonder if someone jumped the gun! Not everyone is on Twitter, so just seems to me a strange way to make an announcement. Would think maybe a press release or emails to affected cruisers. Might stop some of the second-guessing and assumptions and drama that has found it's way to this thread. Not to mention maybe clueing in the CVPs so they aren't blindsided by numerous calls regarding something they have no inkling about.

So if that is the case, then shame on RCI!

Yes, that's what the tweet said after we asked. Some changes, probably structural will change before we get on Oasis after Drydock on October 14 and sail her back to the US. The PR release said that. Here's my screen capture

symebe5y.jpg

They're also answering questions on their FB page, so I have no doubts it's real. I do think Twitter was an odd way to release the information. I almost wonder if that was an accidental Tweet they weren't ready to send out, but once the cat was out of the bag they had to go with it.

Yeah, I just wonder if someone jumped the gun! Not everyone is on Twitter, so just seems to me a strange way to make an announcement. Would think maybe a press release or emails to affected cruisers. Might stop some of the second-guessing and assumptions and drama that has found it's way to this thread. Not to mention maybe clueing in the CVPs so they aren't blindsided by numerous calls regarding something they have no inkling about.

So if that is the case, then shame on RCI!

I called C&A this afternoon to make my final payment for Oasis in November. The agent I spoke with said that Dynamic Dining was her first call of the day, and that was the first she'd heard of it. When I called about 2:00 they still hadn't been given any official information. That's one reason I think the Tweet went out before they were ready.

I think it went out too soon. I mean why else would you not give more info, like for us 10/14 passengers who have made final payment already that it would not affect our dining in the MDR.

My question? Where is Adam Goldstein? Wasn't at the Quantum reveal, hasn't been around with a lot of wacky decisions made lately?

Edited by internetwhiz
ok

They're also answering questions on their FB page, so I have no doubts it's real. I do think Twitter was an odd way to release the information. I almost wonder if that was an accidental Tweet they weren't ready to send out, but once the cat was out of the bag they had to go with it.

I called C&A this afternoon to make my final payment for Oasis in November. The agent I spoke with said that Dynamic Dining was her first call of the day, and that was the first she'd heard of it. When I called about 2:00 they still hadn't been given any official information. That's one reason I think the Tweet went out before they were ready.

I agree, Cindy, don't think they were ready. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks it was an odd way to release the info.

What did Celebrity do when they added BLU? Don't really follow Celebrity news, so am unsure.

BLU was ONE restaurant added for Aqua Class......which also added a larger price increase for the cabin.......a great marketing tool for Celebrity as customers seem to love the smaller venue in more of a specialty type restaurant atmosphere......Personally, I thought it was much ado about nothing and would not do it again......prefer Concierge Class on Celebrity

What I have read so far about DD is just one more reason NOT to go on these ships........I don't need to go searching for a different restaurant every night...

there is something about knowing where you are eating and where you will be served that feels like a real brain rest....which is why I cruise!

luckily we cruise 11/2014 and won't be affected by DD

BLU was ONE restaurant added for Aqua Class......which also added a larger price increase for the cabin.......a great marketing tool for Celebrity as customers seem to love the smaller venue in more of a specialty type restaurant atmosphere......Personally, I thought it was much ado about nothing and would not do it again......prefer Concierge Class on Celebrity

What I have read so far about DD is just one more reason NOT to go on these ships........I don't need to go searching for a different restaurant every night...

there is something about knowing where you are eating and where you will be served that feels like a real brain rest....which is why I cruise!

luckily we cruise 11/2014 and won't be affected by DD

Whether you liked it or not, the point I was making is that it's not difficult to wall off sections of the MDR and convert the space to a smaller venue.

This is sad. I really like those grand dining rooms with beautiful atriums. Now that they are destroying this beautiful space and removing even the diamond crown lounge wich is my fovourite place on rcl ships, I will probaply not be loyal to royal anymore. :(

This is sad. I really like those grand dining rooms with beautiful atriums. Now that they are destroying this beautiful space and removing even the diamond crown lounge wich is my fovourite place on rcl ships, I will probaply not be loyal to royal anymore. :(

My guess for the 4 complimentary dinning rooms, they will leave the top 2 floors and have 1 restaurant per floor and then split the bottom level (since its the largest) into 2 restaurants. Then they could even leave it open so it still has a grand look to it. My guess, The Grande on the deck 5, American Icon Grill on deck 4 and Silk and Chic sharing deck 3.

Now that is of course if they keep the same restaurants as the Quantum :o

The big question now is whats going where the Seafood shack is? Wonderland? Jamies Italian? Coastal Kitchen(kinda makes sense), or Michaels Genuine? Well I still hope the old rumor is true, MAGARITAVILLE!!!:D

WRONG...she sails out of Rotterdam Oct 14 with passengers......:rolleyes:

I stand corrected, but you didn't have to put "wrong" in all caps. But, if you look at the website and click on Oasis and October, the first cruise is the 12 nighter out of Southampton. It's at the bottom of the page, after her first cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale, that is lists the 13-nighter out of Rotterdam.

I just assumed that the Oasis was being ferried, like ships are ferried between Miami/Ft. Lauderdale/Port Canaveral and Freeport, when they go into the shipyard at Freeport. If you look at the Freedom, she has a 2-night cruise on January 4 to Nassau, followed by a 7-night cruise on February 1. I'm assuming that she will sail without passengers to Freeport on January 6.

Does anyone know if Dynamic Dining will still have Always Available Menu?

None of the Menus interest me in the slightest and spending two weeks on board will not be practical if they don't have additional items.

Does anyone know if Dynamic Dining will still have Always Available Menu?

None of the Menus interest me in the slightest and spending two weeks on board will not be practical if they don't have additional items.

Do you mean will the standard dishes that were on the always available menu in the MDR be still available or that an always available menu will exist because each menu in the DD concept is always available. There are no rotating menus you just need to rotate through the restaurants. I think there may be some additional items added but at present what is on the menus will be what is available as far as I know.

BUT I do not see many dishes on those menus that I recognise/remember as being on the always available menu on Oasis last year.

I guess I am lucky because the variety on the new menus looks far more appealing to me that what was available last year on Oasis. The fact is that I enjoyed the food very much last time so DD is very appealing to me.

I mean the always available section that's on the MDR menu

From what I understand, the menus don't change in the DD restaurants, they are the same each day. So there's no need for "always available" selections.

My problem is the food on the DD menus assuming it's the same on Oasis does not appeal to me due to various diet issues. The Always Available menu currently on in MDR has a few very basic and plain dishes which suit my diet perfectly. If they don't have this on Oasis it will be pointless me sailing as I won't eat for two weeks.

From what I understand, the menus don't change in the DD restaurants, they are the same each day. So there's no need for "always available" selections.

I mean the always available section that's on the MDR menu

Even though the menus will not change in the DD restaurants , we were advised by Adam at the DD revealing in NYC that DD would still have the "always available" selections.

There is in fact a standard alternate menu. Beef, Steak, etc. It will be available in all of the restaurants. This questions has come up countless times on the Quantum forums and was answered by Adam Goldstein at the DD google hangout.

It solves the issue of, for example, a 6 person group wanting to dine at Silk, but only 5 like Asian food. The 1 person who doesn't like Asian food, will be able to order off an alternate "normal" menu.

And just as a quick note. To everyone who says, "I enjoy having the same waiter and meeting new people at my table". Look at this as a chance to meet even more great waiters/waitresses, and possibly meet more people than ever before.

Also, with technology and the use of tablets (which RCL just bought 40,000 tablets for their employees), the waiters should/will know what drinks you like every night and any allergies.

Edited by hitaway4