Wrist bands

Bogof1

Don't know about black but If they made them with real gold, ruby or platinum it would solve the formal night issue for those in that category...:D

Laughing my head off at some of the comments here! Some of the applications would be great--dietary or allergy accommodations, preventing chair hogging, etc. But I think my platinum band would look stunning with my little black dress on formal night! :D:D

The way I look at it, I'm on a cruise. I don't care if I have to wear a lanyard around my neck, a bracelet on my wrist, or a crazy hat. I'm on a CRUISE!!!

Just counting the days...

RFID is good as long as no dishonest people are around you. It is possible for others around you and your wrist band to read what is on it.

From USA Today:

It's an unfortunate reality of our digital age. Thieves are now extremely advanced when it comes to stealing your credit card number, and ultimately your digital ID. These days, all it takes is a scanner in someone's shopping bag to grab your credit card number safely tucked into your purse or back pocket.

If you're unfamiliar with how Radio Frequency Identity theft occurs,

The same type of scanners that allow you to tap your credit card for payment at check-out at a store can easily be purchased by anyone, carried in a nondescript way through stores or malls to scan your credit card numbers from you, from several feet of way. This type of wireless crime which has significantly increased happens quickly and without our knowledge until it's too late.

Credit cards have 3 different input methods. Swiped, Keyed In, Tapped. RFID chip on credit card is encoded with a number which does not appear on a face of the card. Any transaction with that number will be rejected by the bank if it was not tapped on a reader. It will also be rejected if authorization was requested from a business with specific industry ID number. Example, if you are trying to run RFID number through Amazon, bank will deny it right away because there's no way you can tap on a card reader in Amazon.

Also, RFID tag does not contain your name or any other personal details. Current versions also have encryption. Current versions also have much smaller transmission range, requiring you to have 1-2 inches at most when you try to read the card. And if you carry multiple RFID-enabled cards, you will get just mixed data.

And if all else fails, credit card customers are not liable for fraudulent charges. If you see something that does not belong, call your bank and charge will be removed.

Or zap passengers with Traditional dining as they walk into the Anytime dining room.

....or if they don't use the hand sanitizers before entering the dining areas, or if they complain about a sunrise, or.......

Credit cards have 3 different input methods. Swiped, Keyed In, Tapped. RFID chip on credit card is encoded with a number which does not appear on a face of the card. Any transaction with that number will be rejected by the bank if it was not tapped on a reader. It will also be rejected if authorization was requested from a business with specific industry ID number. Example, if you are trying to run RFID number through Amazon, bank will deny it right away because there's no way you can tap on a card reader in Amazon.

Also, RFID tag does not contain your name or any other personal details. Current versions also have encryption. Current versions also have much smaller transmission range, requiring you to have 1-2 inches at most when you try to read the card. And if you carry multiple RFID-enabled cards, you will get just mixed data.

And if all else fails, credit card customers are not liable for fraudulent charges. If you see something that does not belong, call your bank and charge will be removed.

Well said

Just read that Royal Caribbean not having sea pass cards on their new ships but wrist bands instead......Benidorm here we come. Let's hope Princess don't go the same way cant imagine wearing a bright blue band with my evening dress!

:eek:

A Bedazzle workshop could be an activity early in the cruise! ;)

Or Princess could offer different styles (for a nominal fee.). :D

I have an RFID type credit card (which I never use) but the way you describe it the card cannot be used for online purchases. :confused: Is this correct?

I have an RFID type credit card (which I never use) but the way you describe it the card cannot be used for online purchases. :confused: Is this correct?

It's completely not true. Canada and Europe have had the chip cards for a long time now and absolutely no issue buying online through Amazon or anyone else.

It's completely not true. Canada and Europe have had the chip cards for a long time now and absolutely no issue buying online through Amazon or anyone else.

RFID technology and chip techonolgy are totally different technologies.

RFID cards just make it easier to make an in person credit/debit card purchase. They can also be used to make over-the-phone purchases and internet purchases.

And the chip technology comes in two forms.

o Chip and sign where you need to sign for a purchase

o Chip and PIN where a passcode is needed to complete the transaction.

If a chip and PIN is required to purchase tickets from a machine (examples: European train stations, gasoline stations), a chip and sign card will not allow you to make that purchase.