Question re tipping Michaels Club Concierge

jcpc

Hi,

Is it customary to tip the Michael's Club Concierge?

We did not tip in April, but really only used the lounge 2 nights for cocktails before dinner and did not ask the concierge for any assistance in booking restaurants, etc.

I seem to recall that on Royal Caribbean we usually did tip the Concierge.

I know tipping is a personal choice, but I'm just wondering what the general rule of thumb is on this.

Thanks so much for any guidance.

Hi,

We did not tip in April, but really only used the lounge 2 nights for cocktails before dinner and did not ask the concierge for any assistance in booking restaurants, etc.

I know tipping is a personal choice, but I'm just wondering what the general rule of thumb is on this.

DW and I got back last week from a trip on Silhouette..... We did tip both the Michael's Club Host and Bartender on our last morning. We used the club heavily during our cruise and the Host mad many reservations for us in the different Specialty Dining Rooms and Spa as well as made sure a birthday celebration for my DW was taken care of at Murano one evening. The Bartender remembered us from a previous cruise on Solstice and he really made sure we were taken care of, so we felt an additional tip was warranted.

Hi,

We returned from a Summit sailing a few weeks ago and we did tip the Michael's club concierge, as well as the bartender (who was amazing!) and the server. We didn't utilize the concierge for much (if anything) but we did spend quite a bit of time in the lounge.

We tipped the bartender and both servers on a nightly basis and also at the end of the cruise, but not the concierge. He never looked up at us, never said 'hello', 'good evening', never walked around, he just sat talking on his cell phone the entire time we were there. We never asked for anything and he never offered. If he had been in the least bit welcoming, even if he didn't do one thing for us, we would have tipped him.

We tipped the bartender and both servers on a nightly basis and also at the end of the cruise, but not the concierge. He never looked up at us, never said 'hello', 'good evening', never walked around, he just sat talking on his cell phone the entire time we were there. We never asked for anything and he never offered. If he had been in the least bit welcoming, even if he didn't do one thing for us, we would have tipped him.

Sorry you had such a bad time with the Club Host on your cruise! Anca, on Silhouette, was constantly moving between passengers in the club and bending over backwards to help in anyway she could. I have to say, she really made our experience over the top with all of her help....

This is a perfect example of how reviews can vary so widely

Can anyone share how much they tipped per day or in total so we can get a sense of what is 'regular' tip and what is a large tip for these guys?

Thanks in advance for the info

We tipped both the host and bartender €75 for a 7 day Cruise.....

Hi,

Just off the Summit a couple of weeks. We did tip the Michael's Club Concierge as well as the Captains club Hostess. They both helped make our vacation special, why not give a tip to these people if you feel that they add value to your trip. We also give tips to our cafe al bacio server and the Martini bar waiters.

Edited by Cruise a holic

We have spent 8 weeks so far this year on the Century and Connie using the Michaels Zenith lounge. We embarked on each ship the day they opened the lounge on each ship. We are Zenith but now stay in low level cabins (Inside to Concierge) since we get SO many benefits from being Zenith and we spend the savings on MORE cruises:) Don't know if it is because they just opened each lounge but we have never received the pre-cruise email others have mentioned.

We tipped the waiters the same as we did when we used the Elite lounge (both the morning staff and the evening staff). Did not tip the Concierge. We also have never tipped the Captains Club hostess even though we are normally the high cruisers and they do extra for us because of that. We do bring on a gift if we know who it is in advance:)

Edited by TommyD3