Regal...Family of Four...Cabin???

defeser

I'm trying to decide which cabin would be best for my family of four this December 28 on the Regal Princess??? My only experience with Princess was on the Ruby, Penthouse Suite, but with only my wife and myself. This time it will be with our two children, 11 yr. old son and 8 yr. old daughter. What do you suggest as far as BALCONY cabins? They list standard or deluxe balcony? Suggestions please!!! Thanks!

Would you feel comfortable with your kids having a separate cabin?

A mini suite would be a minimum I would do with 4. Two cabins (2 balconies or balcony and an inside near by) would be preferable if you think your kids would be ok.

Would you feel comfortable with your kids having a separate cabin?

A mini suite would be a minimum I would do with 4. Two cabins (2 balconies or balcony and an inside near by) would be preferable if you think your kids would be ok.

The children are too young to have their own cabin.

Depending on the ship, you might be able to book a window suite for the price of a mini (Golden, Grand, Caribbean). Otherwise, a mini is the smallest I would consider.

The children are too young to have their own cabin.

Depending on the ship, you might be able to book a window suite for the price of a mini (Golden, Grand, Caribbean). Otherwise, a mini is the smallest I would consider.

Since the ship is the Regal, there are no window suites...

I would also vote for either a mini-suite or a full suite.

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

We have booked 2 side by side cabins since my boys were 10 and 11. On other ships that had adjoining room we would leave the adjoining door open. On Princess, we have asked the room steward to open the balcony dividers so that I could access their room (and vice versa) without going out to the hallway. We find having 2 rooms is better than a mini because it gives us 2 bathrooms which is very helpful when getting ready in the morning and evening. When booking the rooms you have to include one adult in each room for the booking, but can then sleep where you like once you arrive. I also get an extra room key for my boys room so that I can enter whenever I like. It has worked out well for us without any issues. It may not work for everyone because every child is different!! Just a suggestion.

I would do a mini suite. One child could sleep on a pull down and the other the sleeper sofa! IMO your children are too young to have their own room.

I would do 2 balcony cabins. They can be right next to each other. At my house, my kids sleep 2 stories down from where I sleep. They would be much closer on a ship. Really, not a big issue. Just make sure you get extra keys so you can enter and set ground rules for the kids. We have never had a problem when our kids were around that age.

I also go with two cabins for kids that age. They are closer than they are in my own house and one of the rules is to not open the door for anyone. The Stewarts have a key and so do we. We do have a secret code knock if our hands are full but they know we are coming at that point. Two bathrooms are really nice to have, especially with a teen daughter. Also gives anybody some wind down time away from the person who is annoying them

Sent from my iPad using Forums