Do the ships sail at full capacity, year round?

KPfromCT

DD, and DH are a little burnt out on cruising.:eek::eek:

I know! BLASPHEMY!!!!!!:o

So, I am thinking of going with my mother-in-law. lol Yes, I love her and we get along well. I know. ODD:D

We are looking at January 11th.

Are the ships full at this time, even though all the kids are in school?

Just curious?

Anyone have experience with this time of the year?

Looking at the 6 day Breeze from Miami.

We have done the Breeze twice already, but have always done the 8 day.

MIL has not been on a cruise in 15+ years. Should be interesting.....:rolleyes:

They always sail a rated capacity or more . Rated capacity is based on two passengers per cabin. Some cabins can take up to six passengers. I've heard that ships can be of 110% of rated capacity. The limiting factor is how many people the lifeboats can take.

Our recent cruise was not full neither was our cruise in January.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The Pride's max passenger capacity is 2860. 100% capacity based on double occupancy is 2124. So the Pride can sail with 556 empty berths and still be at 100% occupancy. That's why it didn't seem full.

Also, the Spirit Class ships (Pride, Legend, Spirit & Miracle) have the highest passenger/space ratio at 41:1 making them feel less crowded than other ships you may have sailed.

Do you recall the number of passengers onboard? They sometimes announce it at the Welcome Aboard show.

Edited by AdGuyMG

The Pride's max passenger capacity is 2860. 100% capacity based on double occupancy is 2124. So the Pride can sail with 556 empty berths and still be at 100% occupancy. That's why it didn't seem full.

Also, the Spirit Class ships (Pride, Legend, Spirit & Miracle) have the highest passenger/space ratio at 41:1 making them feel less crowded than other ships you may have sailed.

Do you recall the number of passengers onboard? They sometimes announce it at the Welcome Aboard show.

Not every cruise sails full. You're not in 2006 anymore.

Not every cruise sails full. You're not in 2006 anymore.

That's right I'm in 2014 and base my knowledge on a lot of very close long time professional, business and personal relationships tied to several Florida based cruise lines including Carnival, Oceania, Regents, NCL and RCL.

Where do you get your occupancy facts from? Watching people waving from ships leaving port on the Webcams and doing a rough count? http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/

I did not say every Carnival ship sails full. I said they sail at 100% occupancy. There's a difference.

A Spirit Class ship can sail with 556 empty beds (278 empty cabins) and still be at 100% occupancy.

A Conquest Class ship can sail with 770 empty beds (385 empty cabins) and still be at 100% occupancy.

A Dream Class ship can sail with 1034 empty beds (517 empty cabins) and still be at 100% occupancy.

And a Fantasy Class ship can sail with 644 empty beds (322 empty cabins) and still be at 100% occupancy.

That's right I'm in 2014 and base my knowledge on a lot of very close long time professional, business and personal relationships tied to several Florida based cruise lines including Carnival, Oceania, Regents, NCL and RCL.

Where do you get your occupancy facts from? Watching people waving from ships leaving port on the Webcams and doing a rough count? http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/

I did not say every Carnival ship sails full. I said they sail at 100% occupancy. There's a difference.

A Spirit Class ship can sail with 556 empty beds (278 empty cabins) and still be at 100% occupancy.

A Conquest Class ship can sail with 770 empty beds (385 empty cabins) and still be at 100% occupancy.

A Dream Class ship can sail with 1034 empty beds (517 empty cabins) and still be at 100% occupancy.

And a Fantasy Class ship can sail with 644 empty beds (322 empty cabins) and still be at 100% occupancy.

Yeah I count the folks waving from the dock. :P

Edited by EZ4

Seemingly empty ships can be very spooky.

We did a 3day repo on the Amsterdam in 2003. LA-Vancouver. 188pax. Many venues were closed. Including the gift shop and steakhouse.

Many of the musicians were practicing (like stopping and redoing problem areas) during their assigned venue times.

They may say they are full, but I don't think that is always the case. On my jan cruise, there were at least three cabins in our roll call we knew who didn't make the ship due to weatherr. Plus I heard of at least a hAndful of others (big ice/snow storm). So.....I suspect that every know and then in bad weather times, even though cabin are booked full, they do not sail with people in those missed cabins....or people are being freely upgrAded to the cabins people missed while lower floor interiors are going empty!

Edited by QTPie68

I sure wish they would post it in the fun times. JH posts his ships on his Facebook, including where people are from and guests under 18. I think most people would be interested to know.

When I catch GUEST SERVICES not busy I will stop & ask how many kids we are sailing with. I'm sure they would tell me how many guests also if I ask. Never thought of it but will ask next week for the fun of it.

Last Thanksgiving we were sailing with 892 kids under 18 & it rained for three day's. Maybe that is why by Fri I had dinner in my cabin. Side note only one of those was mine, a Grandson 16 .

Char