Average Age on Silhouette late November?

The Anchor Banker

We are debating between Silhouette and Allure. We have sailed the Solstice class a couple times and they are our favourite ships but recognize we sailed during holiday periods where the crowd tends to be younger. When we sailed, the average age was early 50's and most of the music/entertainment was geared to that age group which worked for us (we are mid 40's). This time we are looking at sailing without our kids in late November or early December which I know is the low season and were wondering if that would mean an older crowd (not that there is anything wrong with that, we just might enjoy Allure a little more in that case).

I never understood where the age factor of the other passenger come into play. Whenever I go on a vacation it is a time to relax and enjoy being with my family. I don't care about the other passengers, their ages or whatever, it doesn't have any affect on me enjoying our time together.

I guess if I was wanted to be a lurker or fun seeker wanting to see hot bodies around the pool it would matter; but I just enjoy and respect everyone and like talking to everyone and learning about their llfe experiences. Older people have so much to share and very interesting stories.

I have experienced that the cruises around spring break in the Caribbean have been focused more on the younger crowd. Other that that the shows don't change as they are long term and would cost too much. They may change the bands playing in the lounges as they are just on a short term contract.,

Happy cruisng 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Personally, I see Celebrity as a mainstream Cruise Line that markets themselves primarily to those between 40 and 70... There will of course be folks ho are both younger & older. But this is their main demographic.

RC skews a bit younger... With a bigger push towards families... Very similar to NCL

Celebrity is more like Princess or HAL... And by all accounts many Pax cruise with those others too... Although some say that Princess & HAL market to the 50+ crowd

--- --- ---

Mr Sloop & I fit the Celebrity demographics... Although we are certainly young at heart

We usually cruise Outside of high season / periods (such as that great lull after New Years when traditionally there is a small price drop / good value). Beginning of December will be like that. So the Demographics are probably going to be on point.

Holidays & Summer are going to have more families... And prices will be higher. Late November depending on your timing could be like that due to American Thanksgiving.

Would not be my Favourite time to cruise... Due to costing as well as demographics.

But if the only timing that works so be it... Would rather be on a cruise, than not on one. And I find the Ships (both M & S Classes to be big enough that I can find Adult spaces to get away from the kids for the mst part... Or find a spot where something is happening that I am intune with... Such as the Late Night Comedy Show, Dancing somewheres, Socializing with new met friends, etc)

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Allure (twin of Oasis) and Silhouette...two very diff ships and cruise experiences.

I would base the choice on that rather than age or demographics..Depends on your preferences...do you like late night life, mall area, and rock walls or something more relaxing and less populated...but more elegant and upscale

Silhouette is a great ship ... disliked Oasis!

We are debating between Silhouette and Allure. We have sailed the Solstice class a couple times and they are our favourite ships but recognize we sailed during holiday periods where the crowd tends to be younger. When we sailed, the average age was early 50's and most of the music/entertainment was geared to that age group which worked for us (we are mid 40's). This time we are looking at sailing without our kids in late November or early December which I know is the low season and were wondering if that would mean an older crowd (not that there is anything wrong with that, we just might enjoy Allure a little more in that case).

I fully understand your question and its relationship to passenger ages. IMO Celebrity skews toward an older population than Allure does. What that might mean on ships when schools are in session is perhaps fewer travelers your own age range. Celebrity would likely be quieter, especially late at night.

As you say, nothing wrong with variety of ages, but given the age range on most cruises we have taken that time of year, there will be others your same age range but the majority will be older and the ship will likely be quieter..............

As you say, nothing wrong with variety of ages, but given the age range on most cruises we have taken that time of year, there will be others your same age range but the majority will be older and the ship will likely be quieter..............

quieter is really a subjective thing... As proves out by so many Reviews here on Celebrity Ships.

IMO, it depends on a lot of variables... Not just WHO is on board, but also the Cruise Itinerary etc

We've always been able to find late night partiers when that was what we were in he mood for (found that Bars stayed open as long as there were Guests gathered round... We've been out often after 2 AM and sometimes after 3 AM)

But have found that the amount of said Guests sometimes is directly related to the size of the ship (a matter of percentages) as well as the Cruise Itinerary... Port Intensive Cruises tend to see folks call it a night earlier vs later... So many not wanting to waste away the morning in bed vs visiting a Port of Call

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Most of our Celebrity cruises have been late november through mid-december. The average age seems to be 50s, but you may also find some large groups of retirement condo residents, as well as young couples. The entertainment is now geared towards people 20s to 50s. I've also been on Allure during the same months and while the passengers were younger, the nightlife seemed to be lacking, with many empty bars. Celebrity does a great job of creating fun parties in common areas that draw lots of people, much like the smaller RCCL ships, but not quite so rowdy.

This time we are looking at sailing without our kids in late November or early December which I know is the low season and were wondering if that would mean an older crowd (not that there is anything wrong with that, we just might enjoy Allure a little more in that case).

Been on both last year and will do both this year again. With kids-go Allure!!! So much more to do with/for the kids. No brainer! They will enjoy it and want to go back again.

This cruise is actually without our kids - couples getaway.

There still will be so much for you to do. At your age you are still kids at heart. Go to You Tube and look at the various videos about Allure and then Silhouette. Allure is one of a kind. We were very skeptical of the Allure due to size and number of passengers. However, when we boarded and saw what a city it was, we were in for 7 days of fun, entertainment and adventure.

Remember, no one can tell you what one to pick. Only you can decide. Everyone has an opinion. So, do you want a quiet cruise or one full of adventure? Both are good.

Food better on Silly. Entertainment better on Allure. Wow factor much better on Allure.

Allure OTS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs7DX196JC8

Silly

Let us know what you pick and then how you enjoyed it.

Silhouette Dec 7th (which we r booked on) has a 40 and over singles group booked....so maybe that will help give you an idea.

My wife 44 and myself 51 were between the same 2 ships....we have sailed Allure many times and also have sailed S class. We decided to go with Silhouette since it's just us without the kids on this sailing. We are sailing Allure in March with the kids for spring break. I don't think you can go wrong with either ship but when it's just the wife and I we go X....when it's with the kids we go Royal.