Rotterdam Norwegian Fjord Cruise photos

magandab

I am just now getting some photos ready to post but thought I'd share a few with you all. These are people, food, flowers and a couple of seagulls.

Unusual for me, I ordered the Surf and Turf on the last formal night. Surf was pretty good, Turf, no so much. As good as the food was on this trip, the steak was a letdown.

Surfnturf_zps826e484b.jpg

The only other food I took a photo of was this dessert. (I actually had my camera with me every evening, but just flat forgot to take photos). I loved the little meringue bird. I don't remember what this was, but it tasted really good.

dessert_zps0a41d753.jpg

We indulged in the Cordial of the Day pretty much every evening. It's included in the SBC offerings. And then we had to pack 22 collector's glasses in our luggage. The people at work loved getting them as a memento of my trip, along with a couple of pillow chocolates. This one was my favorite, Hazel Eyes: Kahlua, Frangelico and Baileys.

HazelEyes_zps2897492c.jpg

We attended the "Old World vs. New World" wine tasting and had a fantastic time. Here are the wines.

Winetastingwine_zps22c73833.jpg

Here are the tastes that accompanied the wines.

Winetastingfood_zps894b7deb.jpg

And here is what you do when you have had four glasses of wine to taste!

Winetasting_zps2495904a.jpg

Phillipe, the Cellar Master for the first third of the cruse. He was suddenly sent off to Alaska and the Oosterdam and promoted to Beverage Manager.

L1010484_zps426c9b6f.jpg

My mom and Yvette our stellar Wine Steward(ess). She was a lovely, sweet and wine savvy lady and I still miss her. She's been with HAL for about 20 years.

YvetteandMom_zps05797b85.jpg

I took two cameras on this trip.

Canon T2i with both a 50mm f /1.4 lens and a 55-250 f 4-5.6 telephoto lens.

The other is my pride and joy - what I consider to be the finest "pocket" camera on the market - the Leica D-LUX 5.

Edited to add that some of it is the editing with Paint Shop Pro. I'm currently using Version 10. I usually upgrade every 4-5 versions.

Edited by magandab

Edited to add that some of it is the editing with Paint Shop Pro. I'm currently using Version 10. I usually upgrade every 4-5 versions.

I've been running PSP since v 4. You can save your money. The current version X4 won't do a whole lot more than v 10.

I've been running PSP since v 4. You can save your money. The current version X4 won't do a whole lot more than v 10.

I truly appreciate the heads-up. It was both kind and gentle.

I learned the expensive way, to wait quite a few years between upgrades. I usually upgrade when the send me some ridiculously low offer to do so.

Our Adagio Duo - very good.

adagioduo_zps26740d19.jpg

Something I had not seen before. This was "Baked Alaska Parade" night, and some of the crew performed up on the stairway/stage. Lelik, the gentleman at the far right in uniform, was the Assistant Dining Room Host (if I remember the title correctly). What a great guy. He would come talk to us each evening and tell us about home, his son, and his "superwoman" wife. He was leaving for home the same day we got off the ship.

diningroom_zpsf9546ee4.jpg