Launch prices

smileon

The brochure does not give price for every grade of cabin the cheapest balcony which I am assuming is HF grade is £1499 but I can assure you that prices for all cruises have increased since the first edition brochure was released in April 2014.

That's what I would have assumed but select price for HF grade is currently

£1149. I guess there may have been some additional early booking discounts with the £1499 price you mention majortom but stills seems a bit strange!

Although it will antagonise many P&O cheerleaders my own view is that very rarely do their launch prices prove to be the best deals offered. So if you want a good deal wait as long as possible.

I would agree John up until the last two month. But in Aug and Sep the fares have been much closer together than in the last few years and the early booker has had the upper hand.

That is with one or two notable exceptions.

Now for how long that lasts is another matter.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by daiB

I would agree John up until the last two month. But in Aug and Sep the fares have been much closer together than in the last few years and the early booker has had the upper hand.

That is with one or two notable exceptions.

Now for how long that lasts is another matter.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Comparing my next 2 cruises, first on Celebrity Eclipse in 2 weeks, the launch price has never been bettered and the same cabin prices have gradually increased from a premium of 10% to approx 25% premium now. This is what an early booker likes to see, and I assume Celebrity launch offers sell well as a result

Second is Britannia in April, the launch price gave us an extra 5% discount and there has been no change in the list price, but I have not yet seen any saver fares being offered on Britannia cruises so far.

I still feel that P&O need to offer far better discounts for early bookers, if they did I am certain they would have far more early bookings and could then ask for higher prices.

Our price has gone up by £300 each on Select since we booked it in February (to be fair, I don't know what the launch price was but I assume it wasn't too different), and up by £100 for Saver fare. Plus I got £440 OBC on top.

It looks like a complete lottery to me so as has been said by many before, if you like the price, book it. If it goes up then you're quids in, if it goes down, don't worry, you still got it for what you thought it was worth at the time you booked.

A lottery might well describe it. I am considering a world cruise segment for 2016 and the TA has been trying to get me prices although it is proving very difficult to get definitive answers from P&O. so far either:

- the launch price has already increased by 25% from the price in the brochure.

- they are quoting a very low single supplement.

The 4 night land tour is also £150 less then the brochure price.

Confused :confused::confused::confused: