Am I misremembering the AQ amenities?

warmwinds

I could have sworn that when I first booked our upcoming AQ cabin (admittedly a long time ago), the language on the website was something like "in addition to the Concierge Class amenities, Aqua Class cabins include..."

Now I don't see that anymore, and we are some of the few freaks who actually appreciated the welcome bottle of sparkling wine and the daily hors d'oeuvres.

Did it EVER say that or am I mistaken?

I could have sworn that when I first booked our upcoming AQ cabin (admittedly a long time ago), the language on the website was something like "in addition to the Concierge Class amenities, Aqua Class cabins include..."

Now I don't see that anymore, and we are some of the few freaks who actually appreciated the welcome bottle of sparkling wine and the daily hors d'oeuvres.

Did it EVER say that or am I mistaken?

Aqua has always received all the concierge amenities plus dining in Blu, the Persian gardens and in room water and herbal tea. I believe upgrade soaps and lotions as well. So unless there is a recent change you should get your bubbly!

Edited by maxsales

Aqua has always received all the concierge amenities plus dining in Blu, the persian gardens and in room water and herbal tea. I believe upgrade soaps and lotions as well.

Glad to hear this....didn't realize you got the CC amenities and the AQ ones. We have CC on our upcoming cruise followed by AQ and I thought we'd miss out on some of them.

Hi,

It still says it in certain places....from their current e-brochures:

AquaClass®: includes all Concierge Class & stateroom amenities plus

• A Spa Concierge to arrange

AquaSpa® treatments

• Exclusive room service selections

• Special invitation to a VIP tour of the spa on

embarkation day

Dining:

• Specialty restaurant, Blu, created just for

AquaClass guests, serving complimentary,

healthy continental breakfast daily, and an

unforgettable contemporary dinner nightly

Amenities:

• Hansgrohe® “shower tower”

• Aromatherapy diffuser

• Euro face towel

•Additional custom blended bath products:

facial spray and lip balm

• Pillow menu to customize your

night’s sleep

•Daily delivery of bottled water and teas

• Plush 100% cotton bathrobes and slippers

Stateroom features:

• Double occupancy

• Premium ship location close to

the AquaSpa

• Free, unlimited access to Persian Garden

spa lounge with heated tile loungers

• Free, unlimited access to AquaSpa

Relaxation Room

• Wellness Channel - On Demand AquaClass

Programming: Meditation, Yoga &

Ayurveda

BBL

When we stayed CC we received (sparodically) extra large gold coloured bath towels, is this something that we may get in AQ?

Those are beach towels. The stewards place them in your cabin the night before a port that has beaches:D Just bring them back to the room at the end of the day and your steward will remove them on turn down.

I have just returned from aqua on the eclipse on 30th August.

You receive two small bottles of water each day and iced tea- changed daily. Three pieces of fruit which I guess if you ate would be replenished.

A small work out type bag with slippers face spritzer and lip balm.

The soaps etc are the same as concierge and the normal verandah cabins ( we were in a verandah cabin on deck 6 on the eclipse in May 2014)

There is perhaps a slightly enhanced shower mat on some days ( slightly thicker) towels are the same and the gold ones are for the pool.

The shower wasn't that good in my opinion. If you used the jets on the tower the pressure was lost from the shower head.

Never saw a pillow menu.

You could have one complimentary on demand programme on the tv( we didn't use that)

Room service menu didn't seem much different to the other classes.

Blu was fine

Hope this helps

Just off the Solstice in AQ

We did have the sparkling wine and afternoon canapes. Our room steward was very generous with the bottles of water (about 16 oz ea), we always had four to six of them in our room.

Sailed AQ on Infinity in 2012 and there were some differences this time:

No Flowers

Just a cheap fabric tote (like a fabric grocery bag), no nice canvas one with pleather handles

No nightly chocolates - just chocolate covered oreos on the first formal night

No Pillow menu - but my daughter requested and received a body pillow

None of this made a great deal of difference to us - YMMV, tho.

We had an awesome cruise!

:oWhat is a spa concierge? Where are located in the Spa? How comprehensive and numerous are the wellness channels? Do you receive extra deep discounts for treatments?

The wellness channels- just sell spa services. The only real differences between cc and aq is blu and the access to the persian garden. The tea- IMO is horrible and the bath soaps the same as CC. The shower head in AQ is different.

But truly the location of the cabins isn't good. You are directly below the pool deck and gym and it is very noisey. We heard chairs moving very early in the AM and cleaning the decks at night. No "discounts" for treatments. We now prefer CC and dining in speciality restaurants more often-or daily.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Hi,

It still says it in certain places....from their current e-brochures:

AquaClass®: includes all Concierge Class & stateroom amenities plus

• A Spa Concierge to arrange

AquaSpa® treatments

• Exclusive room service selections

• Special invitation to a VIP tour of the spa on

embarkation day

Dining:

• Specialty restaurant, Blu, created just for

AquaClass guests, serving complimentary,

healthy continental breakfast daily, and an

unforgettable contemporary dinner nightly

Amenities:

• Hansgrohe® “shower tower”

• Aromatherapy diffuser

• Euro face towel

•Additional custom blended bath products:

facial spray and lip balm

• Pillow menu to customize your

night’s sleep

•Daily delivery of bottled water and teas

• Plush 100% cotton bathrobes and slippers

Stateroom features:

• Double occupancy

• Premium ship location close to

the AquaSpa

• Free, unlimited access to Persian Garden

spa lounge with heated tile loungers

• Free, unlimited access to AquaSpa

Relaxation Room

• Wellness Channel - On Demand AquaClass

Programming: Meditation, Yoga &

Ayurveda

BBL

Agree with BOURBONNBLUESLUVR these are still the "advertised" amenities... And the ones I'll be looking for when I sail Aqua for the first time in December.

Just more confusion caused by an inconsistent website.

Where do you find these e-brochures?

Celebrity's Brochures are a great source of info (far better than their website... As some care is definitely taken in their production... Not a whole lot of confiscating info, or spelling errors :rolleyes: like found on their website)

You can look at the Brochures (2014 thru 2016 Itineraries worldwide) on line or order hard copies (highly recommended) the photos, ship info, itineraries... And the "fine print" section make them something every Celebrity cruiser should have... Plus they make you drool for your next cruise !!

You can see them here on the Celebrity website = http://www.celebritycruises.com/view-our-brochures?cS=Footer

Or order them thru the Website = https://secure.celebritycruises.com/order-brochure/order-brochure?cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_11Q4_web_hp_ftr_brochures

Or the Contact Us Page & Phone Numbers = https://secure.celebritycruises.com/contact-us/contact-us-domestic?cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_11Q4_web_hp_ftr_custsupport

Looking forward to hearing about your cruise... Assuming that you go before us in December. As we too are Concierge Aft Sunset Balcony fans on the M-Class ships who will be making the move up to Deck 11 (Sunset Balcony again) and Aqua Class.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB
Edit to add links