Shorts are now fine for elegant

Crusin Hogs

We were on the Conquest Aug. 24 sailing.

The first night was of course casual. The second night was elegant.

On the 3rd night my son asked if he can wear shorts. I told him no, we should wear long pants to main dining room for dinner.

Well, after we got there, he started counting the people in shorts. It got to 40+ very quickly. There were lots of people in shorts (not the dressy shorts, but all kinds, including gym shorts), T-shirt, flip-flops. Then there were some in more "dinner wear" clothing, and even some in tux.

I don't want to bend the rule so I just want to make sure before I go in. Will my stonewash jorts be allowed? While I did cut them myself so they have a little bit of the dangling strings going on, they are more of a whitish fade but you can clearly make out the shade of white. I personally don't think they look that bad.

Oh, I did cut the original jeans about 10 to 12 inches above the knee so not sure if that matters. They are Guess brand from 1993 so vintage but stylish.

Thanks!

I don't want to bend the rule so I just want to make sure before I go in. Will my stonewash jorts be allowed? While I did cut them myself so they have a little bit of the dangling strings going on, they are more of a whitish fade but you can clearly make out the shade of white. I personally don't think they look that bad.

Oh, I did cut the original jeans about 10 to 12 inches above the knee so not sure if that matters. They are Guess brand from 1993 so vintage but stylish.

Thanks!

LOL.. Too funny. No that doesn't count. Back to your room or Lido.

IMO, I think tailored shorts are more like Bermuda shorts. I guess that mean the ladies can wear capris. Don't they have something similar for the men now called 'manpris'

On the Fascination last week, the family in line in front of me was turned away by the Maître 'd. He told them it was elegant night and they would have to dress appropriately for the dining room. They were neither neat nor clean looking! I was impressed! With that said, I don't care what other people wear. I'm going to follow the rules! (I'm a retired Middle School principal=rule maker and rule follower, and I am happy that adherence to the dress code is no longer my responsibility! :p:D)

I wonder if this is fleet wide yet. I would wait for Carnival to make this change to their documentation that talks about dress codes before assuming that this change was on my cruise.

It would be nice to know for our upcoming 5-night cruise though. I would appreciate the ease in the luggage department for DH and DS. Men's dress shoes appropriate for dress pants are usually big and heavy...taking up a lot of space in luggage. Dress sandals are much easier to pack and for me, seemingly more appropriate for a shorter tropical cruise.

I guess us women need to wear tailored shorts and polos too! Whatever it takes not to have to dress elegant I'm all for. Hate it, hubby hates it I'm sooooo happy for this change the only thing I need to know is can we wear sneakers or do we have to wear boat shoes or dress shoes...lol

I guess us women need to wear tailored shorts and polos too! Whatever it takes not to have to dress elegant I'm all for. Hate it, hubby hates it I'm sooooo happy for this change the only thing I need to know is can we wear sneakers or do we have to wear boat shoes or dress shoes...lol

Agree.

They turned away a man on the Liberty last week on the 2nd elegant night for wearing shorts. I heard the girl say that long pants were required. The 2nd elegant night was way less formal than the 1st by the way.