We bought an excursion from NCL- now that excursion is $35 cheaper pp!!

This happened to us in Samana a few years ago. When we got on board we were notified that they adjusted the price.

Don't panic, this happened to us, it was automatically adjusted.

Good to know. :)

Was it credited to your credit card or were you given OBC?

They changed the pricing because Atlantis changed the pricing. They charge whatever Atlantis charges (although I'm sure having sales in bulk has a little bit of an advantage for NCL).

Atlantis: You may book a variety of day passes here. Just enter your date and choose from many of Atlantis' popular attractions. Note:

Access to the Aquaventure Waterpark and marine habitats at Atlantis are FREE for guests staying at the resort. Passes may be purchased by day visitors on property, but availability is limited - and may be closed - during periods of high resort occupancy. Passes are $125.00 on all dates except for the following dates, on which they are $149.00: June 13 - August 15th, November 21st - 30th, and December 20th - 31st. Children (aged 4-12) tickets are $80.

Edited by cruisecritiquer

They changed the pricing because Atlantis changed the pricing. They charge whatever Atlantis charges (although I'm sure having sales in bulk has a little bit of an advantage for NCL).

Atlantis: You may book a variety of day passes here. Just enter your date and choose from many of Atlantis' popular attractions. Note:

Access to the Aquaventure Waterpark and marine habitats at Atlantis are FREE for guests staying at the resort. Passes may be purchased by day visitors on property, but availability is limited - and may be closed - during periods of high resort occupancy. Passes are $125.00 on all dates except for the following dates, on which they are $149.00: June 13 - August 15th, November 21st - 30th, and December 20th - 31st. Children (aged 4-12) tickets are $80.

Maybe its cheaper because it is going to rain that day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

What's kind of interesting about NCL's Aquaventure excursions is that they have two similar excursions that seem to be oddly priced compared with each other.

Using this link, I see two Aquaventure (only) excursions:

• Atlantis Aquaventure (not offered on Norwegian Epic or Norwegian Getaway)
    Approximate Duration: 7 hours
    Adult pricing: $124
  • Atlantis Aquaventure - Half Day (only offered on Norwegian Epic and Norwegian Getaway)
    Approximate Duration: 6 hours
    Adult pricing: $159

The excursion that's an hour longer is $35 cheaper!

One would think that since the cost charged by Atlantis is a flat rate, the price charged by NCL would be the same and the only difference would be the length of the excursion, which would be related to the time in port.

As a note about this, I recently booked Aquaventure for my upcoming Norwegian Getaway cruise. I wasn't able to book it online, but I was able to do so over the phone. The confirmation I received shows that I booked "NASN20 - Atlantis Aquaventure - Half Day" for $124/person. (It still lists the excursion departure time as 12:15 PM, so it's not yet been updated to reflect our earlier arrival into Nassau.)

Edited by Daghis

What's kind of interesting about NCL's Aquaventure excursions is that they have two similar excursions that seem to be oddly priced compared with each other.

Using this link, I see two Aquaventure (only) excursions:

• Atlantis Aquaventure (not offered on Norwegian Epic or Norwegian Getaway)
    Approximate Duration: 7 hours
    Adult pricing: $124
  • Atlantis Aquaventure - Half Day (only offered on Norwegian Epic and Norwegian Getaway)
    Approximate Duration: 6 hours
    Adult pricing: $159

The excursion that's an hour longer is $35 cheaper!

One would think that since the cost charged by Atlantis is a flat rate, the price charged by NCL would be the same and the only difference would be the length of the excursion, which would be related to the time in port.

As a note about this, I recently booked Aquaventure for my upcoming Norwegian Getaway cruise. I wasn't able to book it online, but I was able to do so over the phone. The confirmation I received shows that I booked "NASN20 - Atlantis Aquaventure - Half Day" for $124/person. (It still lists the excursion departure time as 12:15 PM, so it's not yet been updated to reflect our earlier arrival into Nassau.)

Something's off about that. I'm pretty sure our excursion is a half day and it's $124.00. We are on Getaway this October.

Edited by cruisecritiquer

This excursion has been updated and is now showing up in my booking as starting at 10:30 AM. It's still listed as being 6 hours long and still labelled as "Half Day".

Edited by Daghis

NCL just sent us an email advertisement for these lower rates at Atlantis. This must be the email to which the OP referred. For others' reference:

normal_Screen_Shot_2014-09-10_at_12_40_16_PM.png

The fine print at the bottom reads:

*Guarantee lowest pricing is available for all sailings aboard the Norwegian, Breakaway, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Gem & Norwegian Sky for the port of call dates of 1/1/14 – 12/19/14. Excludes the port of call dates of 2/14 – 2/22, 3/10-4/26, 6/14 – 8/16 and 11/22 – 11/30.

**Not available on Norwegian Epic or Norwegian Getaway.

Edited by Daghis