Giovannis Lunch?

sheila59

I am looking to book Giovannis for lunch on our first cruise day, I spoke to a lady at RCCL when I rang to book and she could only book Dinner, she said I SHOULD be able to book lunch onboard, is this possible and can I do it on boarding day?

Back in February, I made a reservation for Giovannis' Lunch on embarkation day on Oasis. I wanted to do it again for the upcoming Transatlantic, but only dinner is available. When I called RCCL they confirmed that they can't take reservations for lunch. It's a pity, but we will try anyway.

Thanks. We are a party of 6. Could anyone tell me the cost of lunch? I know dinner is $25, just wondering if lunch is the same price.

Lunch was $15 last time we went.

Edited by clarea

Yeah I was a bit bummed that RCCL took away the ability to prebook Giovanni's for lunch but if it's as easy to just walk in as people say I guess it's fine.

It's certainly an awesome way to start your trip, especially if you have a group bigger than about four people to guarantee you have some room and a table ready for you as opposed to Windjammer or Park Cafe on the big ships.

I have been reading the threads and plan to do the same on our upcoming Dec 7th trip on Allure. I'm so glad you posted this because I planned on booking lunch for day 1.

I keep reading about this lasagna so I am looking forward to it. Also, a few months ago there was quite a bit of discussion about booking multiple restaraunts and getting discount pricing or OBC. Has anyone been successful in locating that on the RCCL website?

Generally, it is pretty easy to just go there after boarding and get seated for lunch. If you are in a Grand Suite or higher and are able to email the concierge on board, they can make a reservation for you. I did this on Oasis last week. Remember that it is usually a more limited opening time, like Noon to 1:30.

Was just on Oasis and we went to Giovanni's for lunch. Walked right in and was seated right away. The cover is $15 for lunch. I recommend the Lasagna. :D

Giovanni"s is my favorite of all the restaurants! Can't say enough about the lasagna, makes my mouth water just thinking of it!

I have been reading the threads and plan to do the same on our upcoming Dec 7th trip on Allure. I'm so glad you posted this because I planned on booking lunch for day 1.

I keep reading about this lasagna so I am looking forward to it. Also, a few months ago there was quite a bit of discussion about booking multiple restaraunts and getting discount pricing or OBC. Has anyone been successful in locating that on the RCCL website?

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/dining_discount_packages.pdf

We are hoping to go there on boarding day in May on the Oasis. If we can board earlier than our friends (we are Diamond & they are Emerald and Gold) can we get a table for us all as soon as we board if we cannot reserve in advance?

That's something you will have to find out when you get to the restaurant.