"Fares shown include Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses..."

whogo

114-Day Grand World Voyage

Fares shown include Taxs Fees & Port Expenses of $2.203.39, which are subject to change.

I received a new Holland America mailing with notes about taxes, fees and port expenses being included in each price. I have never seen this on a HAL flyer before. I think posting the price with these unavoidable expenses is great. It is unusual for a company to make pricing more transparent. Anyone know what is up? Is this now industry wide or Carnival Corporation wide?

Some time ago, the Canadian government passed some truth in advertising legislation forcing a reluctant air travel industry to clearly provide the total cost in its advertising. It makes it so much easier for the travelling public. It's good to see at least one member of the cruise industry follow suit.

Some time ago, the Canadian government passed some truth in advertising legislation forcing a reluctant air travel industry to clearly provide the total cost in its advertising. It makes it so much easier for the travelling public. It's good to see at least one member of the cruise industry follow suit.

For some years prices in The Netherlands (and most european countries) have to be including all taxes.

That sometimes was confusing because at first sight prices in the USA seemed cheaper not realising taxes were excluded. In total there often was hardly any difference.

If I am not mistaken, the reason for having the taxes, port charges, fees etc broken out was because of a court case. I believe it had to do with altering the price when those items changed and was to make the reason for the changes more transparent.

hmmm Thought the 'old' HAL booking website always showed port taxes, etc along with the fare and then the total amount in the right column when you were selecting a cabin.

It did, but now you can see the taxes, etc at the bottom of the first page, the one with all the basic category pricing (inside, outside, balc, suite).

Much better because you don't have to go as far into the site to get the tax.