No experience at all with RCI

pacheco18

I am a small ship cruiser, a regular on Oceania, and I have never sailed on Royal Caribbean or a mega ship. I have wanted to go on an Oasis class ship because many of our friends have told us what fun they have had. So ... I booked a 7 night cruise on Allure for next October (sandwiched between two small ship cruises). I booked a suite to get some of the extra perks but I need some help navigating the system.

Do I book anything in advance? Shows? Spa? Specialty restaurants? Or is everything booked once on board? Are there beverage packages --eg for soda for my husband? wine for me? Will I find all this information about any or all of this on the RCI website?

Just point me in the right direction if the information is available somewhere other than on this forum.

I am a small ship cruiser, a regular on Oceania, and I have never sailed on Royal Caribbean or a mega ship. I have wanted to go on an Oasis class ship because many of our friends have told us what fun they have had. So ... I booked a 7 night cruise on Allure for next October (sandwiched between two small ship cruises). I booked a suite to get some of the extra perks but I need some help navigating the system.

Do I book anything in advance? Shows? Spa? Specialty restaurants? Or is everything booked once on board? Are there beverage packages --eg for soda for my husband? wine for me? Will I find all this information about any or all of this on the RCI website?

Just point me in the right direction if the information is available somewhere other than on this forum.

If you have a grand suite or better you have special seating "gold card" seating. You do not need to make reservations for shows.

If you have a grand suite or better you have special seating "gold card" seating. You do not need to make reservations for shows.

I do -- so that's covered

I just started reading the website carefully and I found info on the beverage packages and spa appointments. It's a completely new world for us.

Can someone tell me what a soda costs on board and what a latte costs? I know there is a Starbucks for a charge as well. I want to see if it makes sense for us to get a beverage package.

You have a coffee machine in the concierge room that has espresso,latte and cappuccino. They serve soda in the concierge room at lunchtime for free as well as beer and wine. In the evening there is a cocktail hour from 5-8 that serves cocktails, soda and appetizers.

You have a coffee machine in the concierge room that has espresso,latte and cappuccino. They serve soda in the concierge room at lunchtime for free as well as beer and wine. In the evening there is a cocktail hour from 5-8 that serves cocktails, soda and appetizers.

Thanks -- I never would have known that!

Here are all the Starbucks prices

Latte ($2,85 / $3.55 / $3.95)

Hope this helps

imagejpg1_zps732acd96.jpg

Great -- very helpful

With all the port days and the perks of the Concierge Lounge and the Starbucks, I think I can handle my latte fix for less than $20 a day.

Here is a list of the perks you will get from being in a GS

Priority check-in

Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships

Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where available

Priority tender tickets on select cruises. (Tender service is provided when smaller vessels are necessary to reach shore in locations without docking ports large enough for cruise ships.)

VIP pool deck seating, where available

Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining

Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships

Mattel® board games available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids

Complimentary luggage valet service

Luxury spa bathrobes for use onboard

Complimentary pressing service on formal night

Priority departure with exclusive suite* departure lounge featuring continental breakfast

Here is a list of the perks you will get from being in a GS

Priority check-in

Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships

Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where available

Priority tender tickets on select cruises. (Tender service is provided when smaller vessels are necessary to reach shore in locations without docking ports large enough for cruise ships.)

VIP pool deck seating, where available

Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining

Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships

Mattel® board games available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids

Complimentary luggage valet service

Luxury spa bathrobes for use onboard

Complimentary pressing service on formal night

Priority departure with exclusive suite* departure lounge featuring continental breakfast

I read that

What is luggage valet service?

I read that

What is luggage valet service?

Basically if you sign up for this, and your airline are with the program, once your bags leave the ship, the next time you will see them is on the carousel at your final destination.

Normally this is $20 for non suite guests.

Luggage Valet is a service offered onboard which enables guests to bypass traditional airport check-ins. Guest who participate will be processed onboard the ship and receive their airline boarding passes, luggage tags as well as baggage claim checks for their checked-in luggage.

This service is available in these selected ports:

Fort Lauderdale

Port Canaveral

Miami

Seattle

Seward

and on these selected airlines:

Air Tran

Alaska Airlines

American

Delta

United

US Airways

Jet Blue

Southwest Airlines

Participating airlines vary by port. Consult the Guest Relations Desk onboard for more information

Edited by PompeySailor

Hi! I am new to Cruise Critic but I am long time member of RCI. Is there anything I can help you with?? Cheryl

Thanks

I can help you navigate Cruise Critic. LOL

I think I am set for now and I really appreciate the responsiveness to my questions on this thread.

Also on the Allure and Oasis the CL serves hot breakfast (very good and hot) and also has a lunch menu daily with wine or "champagne". I recommend the cod and chips, and any dessert!!

Thanks -- another perk I might never have known about

I hope I don't get addict to big ships. All sounds good

I would book main shows and some specialty dinners but leave the rest till on board

Book any special activities you want also prior

Also go to roll call section and look up the ship and cruise and join that hhread everyone will help you there

Welcome to cc and rccl

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do -- so that's covered

I just started reading the website carefully and I found info on the beverage packages and spa appointments. It's a completely new world for us.

Can someone tell me what a soda costs on board and what a latte costs? I know there is a Starbucks for a charge as well. I want to see if it makes sense for us to get a beverage package.

You need top rebook the comedy club, or you will not get in, even as a suite guest.

I would book main shows and some specialty dinners but leave the rest till on board

Book any special activities you want also prior

Also go to roll call section and look up the ship and cruise and join that hhread everyone will help you there

Welcome to cc and rccl

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks

I have joined the Roll Call

One of the few times I haven't been the one to start the roll call. LOL

What special activities are you referring to? We are not going to do the zipline or rock climbing wall, LOL

Dining reservations/entertainment

Are reservations required in ALL the dining venues -- complimentary and for a fee?

How far in advance can I make reservations for dining and for entertainment?

Is there a "basic" production show as well as all the special shows that require reservations?

Dining reservations/entertainment

Are reservations required in ALL the dining venues -- complimentary and for a fee?

How far in advance can I make reservations for dining and for entertainment?

Is there a "basic" production show as well as all the special shows that require reservations?

If you are in a suite you do not need to make reservations... You have reserved seats in the gold card area. If making dining reservations you can do it ahead of time or with the concierge.

What type of show is comedy club?

Improv?

Basic standup comedy?

Stand-up. There are 2 comedians for the week and basically they repeat the show. The standby line for those without reservations is always long, and not always does everybody get in. You can only book the comedy club once and you must be over 18 years of age. There are 2 or 3 shows a night.

On Oasis the comedy Club host is usually Simeon and he alone could be a show on his own.

Edited by A&L_Ont