So Disappointed

gr1634

I think a cruise is what you make out of it. Yes I think Carnival is not a great as it used to be back in the day..but I'm not as great as I used to be either and my wants and needs have changed...that being said I love the new stuff. And I will happily cont to sail on her ships. Oh my DH loves the meatloaf!

I think a cruise is what you make out of it. Yes I think Carnival is not a great as it used to be back in the day..but I'm not as great as I used to be either and my wants and needs have changed...that being said I love the new stuff. And I will happily cont to sail on her ships. Oh my DH loves the meatloaf!

I feel that a cruise or any vacation destination is what you make of it, however, the organization providing the product you're investing your valuable time in has the potential to severely impact the experience you receive, whether it be product or service failures that cannot be resolved to your satisfaction through Guest Service Recovery (as in fixing the problem and apologizing instead of a monetary compensation) in a timely manner.

Edited by Disconnections

I can't comment on Carnival's meatloaf because I didn't try it, but if it's anything like the one we had in Savannah, then I may have to try it next time!

Unless they have changed to a better quality of meat and a better recipe, you will not be impressed!

If you are not sailing Carnival anymore, why do you post here?

I invested in 15 Carnival cruises. The first 11 or 12 were fine. We especially enjoyed the Fall Canadian cruises out of New York.

The last three of four, however, have been increasing harder to endure. From the shift away from professional entertainment - to the meat loaf - to the lies coming from the Corporate Ambassador - to the cutbacks in the loyalty program, it has become hard to endure.

Why do I post? As a warning to others and with a glimmer of hope that things will change.

Three cheers, however, for the warm chocolate melting cake.

Edited by yogimax

Just back from our 25th Carnival cruise first one on conquest.

Thought food and service was good as usual but entertainment has gone even further downhill.

For the first time ever there were no flyons for our 7 day cruise. What we had was two evenings of Hasbro and Hasbro only in the main lounge.

Seriously?

Didnt care for playlist the first time we saw it and think that 8 mediocre singers do not equal the quality of the old style production shows with two decent singers.

How can a company that put on Ticket to Ride and Dancing in the Street think they are putting out quality production when they put out this crap?

On a more positive note will say that Epic Rock was a good one the other three hopefully will never have to sit thru again.

Just back from our 25th Carnival cruise first one on conquest.

Thought food and service was good as usual but entertainment has gone even further downhill.

For the first time ever there were no flyons for our 7 day cruise. What we had was two evenings of Hasbro and Hasbro only in the main lounge.

Seriously?

Didnt care for playlist the first time we saw it and think that 8 mediocre singers do not equal the quality of the old style production shows with two decent singers.

How can a company that put on Ticket to Ride and Dancing in the Street think they are putting out quality production when they put out this crap?

On a more positive note will say that Epic Rock was a good one the other three hopefully will never have to sit thru again.

Welcome back, Stu. Thanks for sharing your feedback from your cruise and I'm glad that with the exception of the entertainment, you seemed to have mostly enjoyed it.

Edited by Disconnections

I like meatloaf. I'm easy to please. Food is not an overriding issue for me. However, I will never again tolerate a huge plate of diced raw onions as the main dish. I will politely fake a stomach virus and ask to be excused. And no, this wasn't on a ship.

Why am I still posting here if I feel that Carnival's product has declined? Because I've invested 8 cruises with them, repeatedly coming back after other cruise lines because of Camp Carnival. And because I'm clearly on Cruisecritic and want to talk about cruising. I'm hoping things go back to the way they were. Raise the prices, bring it back. I think the worst drop-off in quality happened between 3 and 5 years ago.

No doubt Carnival is positioned as the gateway cruise line. I've never seen as many blue cards as I did during my last B2B. Then I guess we're being funneled up the line. That should put me at Oceania by now but I'm fine with Princess and HAL.

Just me $.02.

We started cruising in the 80's on the Carnival Celebration, she was 6 months old at the time we had a inside cabin for 7 days out of Miami, our fare for 2 was $2,000.00. We just got off the Carnival Freedom for 8 days inside cabin and paid $1200.00 for both of us. Has the on board experience changed in 25 years? Has the cost per day gone down? You betcha. What else costs 40% less than it did 25years ago?

Keith

I was thinking, mortgage, utilities, gas, food and other stuff in everyday life can cost more than that for 2 people than being on vacation! What a bargain. Even some of the 7 day cruises are less than $500/per person!

I wonder if I can live on a Carnival ship for $2,000/month?? Not bad, if you ask me

I've priced the other cruise lines and I suppose if I want to pay double, then I would expect more, but Carnival does have the best energy amongst people cruising, by far than other lines.

Edited by CrzRani

BTYW, that is a lot of typing on an iPhone. I am impressed.;)

Ah, thanks. :) I've mastered typing while walking, and today I'm doing a lot of walking. Day off in a new city for work, so checking out the sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can't wait, well, yes I can, to read the complaints from rich Americans that there are too many foreigners on Quantum. :p

I have to say that that's one of my favorite dumb complaints to read. For example. "Too many Puertoricans on cruises from San Juan". Well, duh!

Edited by Tapi

I have to say that's one of my favorite dumb complaints to read. For example. "Too many Puertoricans on cruises from San Juan". Well, duh!

That's just like saying there are too many Floridians on a three night weekend getaway from Miami.

Off topic: enjoy your time exploring your new city!

Edited by Disconnections

I'd love to try Quantum and Anthem just for the new convenience upgrades. I love the idea of curb to ship in 10 minutes, luggage tracking, and the quasi-magic bands. I wish Carnival would put their money into upgrades like these instead of Playlist. However, I'm not willing to spend on a 2 night CTN in an interior, what we just paid for 6 nights in a balcony on Freedom for Thanksgiving. Guess I'm back to waiting in lines and hoping that the porters put the express tags on my luggage.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Why am I still posting here if I feel that Carnival's product has declined? Because I've invested 8 cruises with them, repeatedly coming back after other cruise lines because of Camp Carnival. And because I'm clearly on Cruisecritic and want to talk about cruising. I'm hoping things go back to the way they were. Raise the prices, bring it back. I think the worst drop-off in quality happened between 3 and 5 years ago.

No doubt Carnival is positioned as the gateway cruise line. I've never seen as many blue cards as I did during my last B2B. Then I guess we're being funneled up the line. That should put me at Oceania by now but I'm fine with Princess and HAL.

Just me $.02.

Regarding the Blue Cards. I was on the Breeze in January and I was surprised at how many Platinum/Diamond Guests there were. The Platinum/Diamond Lounge was packed during check-in. We even received a letter in our state room with our debarkation paperwork saying there was a larger than normal amount of Platinum/Diamond passengers sailing on that cruise.

And you're giving me a headache. Simply put, if you don't like Carnival, don't sail with her. Spend more of your vacation dollars and sail on a more luxurious cruise line. If you decide to sail with her again, don't sit here and constantly complain about it since you sailed her voluntarily. Many of us know that Carnival is the best bang for the buck and are happy with the way they run their business.

Thanks for the advice and the command, but no thanks.:rolleyes: Once again, you've gotten it wrong. I didn't say I don't like Carnival. I do now choose to spend more of my vacation dollars elsewhere.

I don't sit here and constantly complain. But I have had to do a lot of reiterating here to try to counter your false accusations and misconstruction, so I can see how that might seem like constant complaining to you.;)

And I have no problem with others thinking Carnival is just fabulous and always has been and always will be. As I said before, in answer to your insinuation to the contrary: I do not in any way think that the opinions of others are less valid than mine.

A thread such as this in this particular forum is exactly where the relevant opinions, experiences, and hopes of those that feel as I do as well as those that feel differently belong. It seems to me that you just feel a need to shout me down because I have a differing opinion than you. Pot and Kettle, maybe?;):rolleyes:

I invested in 15 Carnival cruises. The first 11 or 12 were fine. We especially enjoyed the Fall Canadian cruises out of New York.

The last three of four, however, have been increasing harder to endure. From the shift away from professional entertainment - to the meat loaf - to the lies coming from the Corporate Ambassador - to the cutbacks in the loyalty program, it has become hard to endure.

Why do I post? As a warning to others and with a glimmer of hope that things will change.

On that we can agree (WCMC) (but not my doctor.....)

John Heald is not the problem.

What is all this "investing" stuff. You went on a cruise (hopefully you enjoyed it). You did not invest in the product/company.

Edited by jimbo5544

On that we can agree (WCMC) (but not my doctor.....)

John Heald is not the problem.

What is all this "investing" stuff. You went on a cruise (hopefully you enjoyed it). You did not invest in the product/company.

John is not the problem. He has said he thinks they should have professional entertainment every night but they dont seem to care what he thinks or they wouldnt put out this crap.

Dont know what Hasbro costs them but the money could certainly be better spent on entertainment.

if I was about 10 again would probably like it. Saw about 15 minutes of one show last week as a fellow from our roll call was determined to get picked.

He got picked by flopping on the floor and making believe he was swimming. He was selected but his teammates (including a cute 4 year old) let him down.

After he was eliminated we couldnt wait to leave the lounge.

I don't understand all of the disappointment from people. As many have pointed out, you are paying LESS than you were in the past, and though they have taken a way a few minor things, they have added so many new things that more than make up for what they have taken away...

Some people are too hard to please, and anyone who thinks that another line is so much better, please go ahead and pay way more, and take your complaints with you ;)

I don't understand all of the disappointment from people. As many have pointed out, you are paying LESS than you were in the past, and though they have taken a way a few minor things, they have added so many new things that more than make up for what they have taken away...

Some people are too hard to please, and anyone who thinks that another line is so much better, please go ahead and pay way more, and take your complaints with you ;)

What you may find minor, another may find important. What you may care about, they may not. Everyone is different and everyone onboard will have their own cruise experience.

What you may find minor, another may find important. What you may care about, they may not. Everyone is different and everyone onboard will have their own cruise experience.

That's what I am saying. If these little things bother you so much, go to another cruise line. I think life is far too short to just complain about every little thing... But oh well, I know I will enjoy my cruise, and I hope everyone else does too :cool:

Well I was perfectly happy living in my cave until reading this thread. I had no idea the size of tuna cans decreased. I had to jump up and go check my tuna supply. And dang they are only 5 oz. I do sail on quite a few different lines depending on who is sailing with me. Carnival fits the bill when cruising with the heathens. aka grandkids :D. Otherwise when only adults we sail other lines. Unless a quick 4 day getaway from LA. Carnival is the only one usually sailing those. But I do miss the Carnival of old. Back to my cave now.:D

Because we are disappointed or disillusioned about aspects of cruising Carnival this time or even last time, does NOT mean we do not like Carnival! (geesh)

To be disillusioned means exactly that! :D

disillusioned

: having lost faith or trust in something : disappointed that something is not as good, valuable, true, etc., as it had seemed

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/disillusioned

WOW, if one has to "endure" a cruise, they should not be cruising that line, as a minimum.

Thanks for the warnings but they are not needed. I haven't seen a single newbie in the thread so we all know what we're getting ourselves into. Funny thing is, you are not warning people with facts, only with your opinions which may be completely different for the next guy.

Just me $.02.

I think more people would prefer Carnival stays the way they are. Seriously, why would anyone cruise Carnival is they cost the same as Princess???

This thread reminds me of my experience with the "Outback Restaurant".

It sounds like the OP really had a good long ride with Carnival. Carnival has made some changes the OP doesn't like. The OP feels Carnival no longer gives them enough bang for the buck.

My wife and I really enjoyed the Outback. We have been going there since day one. Then we noticed some changes. We tried, oh we really tried, to deal with the new and improved Outback. The manager even tried to console us in our grief.

The last two times we went we left in a foul mood and the meal was way less than the quality we had grown used to.

Consequently we have moved on and have not been back in over one year and more than likely will never be back.

The moral of the story is sometimes we really fall in love with something and then it changes and the changes are not what we like. It might be hard to leave something behind that you have grown to love but you have to move on. Try another cruiseline you might ask yourself why did I take this long to switch.

Me I liked the "Old Las Vegas". We used to go four times a year. Once they switched to "The New Las Vegas" I had to quit going. It was not my cup of tea.

So far none of the changes implemented by Carnival affect our cruise enjoyment. If they ever start messing with the Blackjack tables I might feel differently.

BTW Costco has the best canned tuna in the world. Try just one can and you will be hooked. It is chunk, pure white Albacore and yes it is still seven ounces and when you squeeze the water out of the can the can it still almost filled to the top with tuna meat.

Edited by Tutontow